No Cruise Documents (Edocs) 28 days before cruise

bookitdanno

Hello all,

It is now 28 days before we are set to sail on Reflection, and we have not received an email regarding Cruise Documents being ready.

Usually they are ready about 45 days out.

We completed on-line check in and printed our Express Passes weeks ago.

When I sign into my account, it says no cruise documents are ready.

This is the first time we have used Flights by Celebrity, if that matters.

I am concerned that there might be an issue, and I would like to be confident when I show up at the port that things are in order.

When I talked to Captain's Club they said (yesterday) to wait a little longer.

At least, I would like to be able to get luggage tags.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Am I concerned for no reason?

Thanks,

George&Kris

15 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

After signing on, have you tried the link "view more details" on the left hand side under your reservation number?  should come up with "your documents" and "luggage tags"?

Yes, I did that. It says "You have no cruise documents available at this time"

Edited by bookitdanno

What other documents are you looking for besides your Express Check in Passes and your Luggage Tags.  I sail in 5 1/2 weeks and that's all I got, and I thought that's all I needed?  I got all my Booking confirmations and receipts from the TA.  

Just now, mfs2k said:

What other documents are you looking for besides your Express Check in Passes and your Luggage Tags.  I sail in 5 1/2 weeks and that's all I got, and I thought that's all I needed?  I got all my Booking confirmations and receipts from the TA.  

That is all you need. I just would like the luggage tags. Hate to turn un-tagged baggage over to non-celebrity employees at the pier.

1 minute ago, mfs2k said:

There is a cruise booklet that is available as an edoc. It all depends on whether the TA has paid your funds to Celebrity when that is released. You don't really need this, if you have your express pass and invoice from Celebrity (in case there is any issue with any perks etc) that is all you need.

5 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

That is all you need. I just would like the luggage tags. Hate to turn un-tagged baggage over to non-celebrity employees at the pier.

Call the Captain's Club and they will order your luggage tags for you.  Should take a week to arrive.

• Like 1

Captain's Club couldn't see luggage tags.

BTW, now my Express pass is missing from the phone app, although my wife still has hers on her phone.

Thank goodness it is still on the website.

Just printed multiple copies to have, never trust an app.

Was there EVER a worse IT department than Celebrity?????

When using Flights By Celebrity--and I've done so quite a few times--it is not uncommon for e-doc issuance to be delayed relative to the "seven weeks prior" schedule that tends to be the norm when Flights By Celebrity has not been used.  The goal is to provide you with the most accurate information relative to your flight--flight number/timing; those can be changed by the airlines right up to the last minute--as is feasible while still getting your e-docs out to you in advance...  If you have four weeks to go, I expect that you will receive a link to your electronic cruise documents any time now...

As others have noted, you--or your Travel Agent if you have used one--may certainly call Captain's Club now to arrange to have luggage tags mailed to your home [if in The US or Canada; luggage tags are not mailed in other markets].

Edited by Xport
I have no idea why website is crossing out part of my response; I've tried to remediate to no avail.

I booked via "Flights by Celebrity" but was able to get my Jet Blue seats and my flight info via the Jet Blue site once I got the Confirmation number through Celebrity.  I assume I will get boarding passes directly from the airline on the app. 

32 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I booked via "Flights by Celebrity" but was able to get my Jet Blue seats and my flight info via the Jet Blue site once I got the Confirmation number through Celebrity.  I assume I will get boarding passes directly from the airline on the app. 

Advance seat selection and advance confirmation of flight information is not uncommon on most US-based airlines...  The practice can be very different--with some having variances based upon class of service--when using non-US airlines...

You will still need to check in for your flight--on JetBlue, within 24 hours of flight departure time [first flight if more than one] at the earliest--to secure boarding passes by paper or via your smart phone...

1 hour ago, bookitdanno said:

You can request online. Just go to the Celebrity page, register and enter your reservation number. Your cruise might already be listed and you can get your luggage tags. If not listed go to "Add  New Reservation" and enter your reservation number. You can then order tags. They usually take 5-7 business days to reach you.

Once you are logged in, click on the upcoming cruise and you should see Manage Reservation.  Once you go to that, there will be a tab that says "Before You Board" .  At that tab, you will be able to print your luggage tags and also request them to be mailed. 

We will be on this cruise also!!!

My reservation is linked.

I have been through ALL the hoops.

My account consistently says "no luggage tags available"

So I guess I cannot print them.

XPORT, I assume also that it must be the flights by Celebrity that is the hold up.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

4 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

My reservation is linked.

I have been through ALL the hoops.

My account consistently says "no luggage tags available"

So I guess I cannot print them.

XPORT, I assume also that it must be the flights by Celebrity that is the hold up.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'm no expert on this topic, but...  I wonder if tags are printable for someone with a cabin guarantee and not a specific cabin designation.   So much of the tag indicates the location to deliver baggage.  I'm thinking these tags might not be available until you arrive at the port? 

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I printed Luggage tags from the website, and I bought these tag holders.  They're awesome, reusable, and inexpensive. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C672M2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use the same luggage tag holders and love them.    I've been using them for 4 years and still in great shape. 

• Like 1

I am doing B2B on  Eclipse starting on 3/8 and have documents for 2nd cruise but not first. I can print the press pass for both but no luggage tags for the first . I called Captains Club and they could not see documents either and could not get the luggage tags. All she could see was an error message. She is working on it. All I care about is that I can board the ship. I will have to get tags at the time of boarding if they can not fix it in a I’ve for her to mail them. 

12 hours ago, Xport said:

When using Flights By Celebrity--and I've done so quite a few times--it is not uncommon for e-doc issuance to be delayed 

10 hours ago, Ma Bell said:

Yes, it usually takes longer to receive docs when you reserve your flight with Celebrity but it should be soon.

Thanks to both of you for this helpful info.   I booked flights through Celebrity for the first time on our upcoming cruise, & I probably would have been really worried about the lack of tags...  we fly out two weeks before the cruise, so I'm hoping that means I'll be able to get tags on time. 

• Like 1