Meet'n'Mingle Name Badges

JoyFrances

On Princess it's called "Meet & Greet".

Any stationary store has stick on badges (Office Depot, Staples, etc)

I use a template that I got from Tbarton to make the blank ones a little nicer.

If you email me, I'll send it to you: g n j ferren at hot mail dot com

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

I don't know how much time and energy you want to put into this, but I got these for my Meet & Greet I'm setting up.

100 name tags and badge holders.  

I went on to the Avery site and chose a simple pattern, in my case, a ship anchor, and printed up name badges for the ones who have RSVP'd to come. 

Cheaper on Amazon than the Avery website. 

https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Securely-Inserts-Holders-74549/dp/B00007LVED/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3T9GH51CQ1B2Q&keywords=avery+74549+name+badges&qid=1550116661&s=gateway&sprefix=avery+74549%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-5

Edited by ASeaPrincess1

11 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Those name tags say Meet & Mingle. Mine say “Meet & Greet”. 

Tom😎

Hmmm. Thank you Tom. It does leave me a bit confused vs. the title of this thread. 

I was trying to use these tags for our roll call but the planner has other ideas and wants to make his own. 

Good on you and good luck with your project. 

Glenn

11 hours ago, Grburkart said:

Hmmm. Thank you Tom. It does leave me a bit confused vs. the title of this thread. 

I was trying to use these tags for our roll call but the planner has other ideas and wants to make his own. 

Good on you and good luck with your project. 

Glenn

Glenn,

A lot of people use the term “Meet & Mingle” because that’s what other cruise lines use plus that’s what CC shows. The poster was probably not familiar with a Princess meeting & assumed that was the correct term. 

I guess I’ve organized too many Meet & Greets. I’m always willing to share what I use & have learned. 

Tom😎

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Glenn,

A lot of people use the term “Meet & Mingle” because that’s what other cruise lines use plus that’s what CC shows. The poster was probably not familiar with a Princess meeting & assumed that was the correct term. 

I guess I’ve organized too many Meet & Greets. I’m always willing to share what I use & have learned. 

Tom😎

I actually pulled the name tag thing from a Cruise Critic page and not a poster. It’s accessible from the top of this very page under the tab Meet & Mingle. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=28

Glenn

• 11 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

On Princess it's called "Meet & Greet".

Any stationary store has stick on badges (Office Depot, Staples, etc)

I use a template that I got from Tbarton to make the blank ones a little nicer.

If you email me, I'll send it to you: g n j ferren at hot mail dot com

Came across your offer to send the name badge template. So you don't think it's spam, can I send you an email requesting the file? TIA!

Pam 

My goodness! Name tags that say "My name is....." can be bought in most pharmacies for a couple of $$s. No need to go to any serious trouble designing special ones!!

The point is to have people write their names so they can all get to know each other!!

Here’s what I have used for many years. All it took was one time to create & thus I have a template that I can use over & over. I wanted something that was fancier than the simple name tag. It shows their first name & their CC name as many people don’t show their name so it’s important to show their CC name. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0759b9c37bcd65786df010dd307d0721.jpegimage.thumb.png.5a3675623a18ba2bd5680341d4db7c24.png

I can use these on any cruise whether it’s called a Meet & Mingle, Meet & Greet or whatever the cruise line calls it. I find that it’s a good generic name tag. 

Tom😎

• Like 2

We're lucky to have been to a M&G organized by Con_glitter who had metal name badges made!

I do lots of name badges for volunteer jobs I have, I like to use Excel and Word Mail-Merge.  Either the 8 per page or 6 per page Avery templates work well.  But Word is not the easiest to mix graphics with mail merge text.

I am amused at how some insist on calling the gathering either Meet & Greet or Meet & Mingle.  Princess does not organize the event.  When an organized group wants a place to get together, Princess generically refers to these events as a Meet & Greets.  Each organization can call it whatever they want.  Since Cruise Critic calls these get togethers Meet & Mingles, Princess schedules a Meet & Greet for the CC Meet & Mingle.  I've seen where military veterans groups have called their Meet & Greets "Morning Formations."  Other groups have called their get togethers by other names related to the type of group getting together.  It really doesn't matter as long as people on the roll calls know it's still a 'rose by any other name...'

• Like 1

I have been to some where the organizers create elaborate badges, some even with lanyards.  When I've organized them (including one with 118 RSVPs earlier this month), I simply take along enough blank name tags plus a couple of Sharpies so that folks can DIY.  There are always no shows and always a couple who haven't RSVP'ed who show up so I've found this to be the best plan.  I also create an invitation for the officers on board to ask them to join us and take along enough copies for everyone listed in the Patter + some extras (20 should cover it).  Once onboard I put their names on each one and drop them off at either Passenger Services or the Captain's Circle Host.

Edited by azbirdmom

I agree the blank my name is and some sharpies works well

im aboard the coral currently.  Even though I was assured they would no one from princess ( officers or cruise director) showed up. It was wheelhouse bar and I was also assured bar would be open.   It was not

2 hours ago, lois1112 said:

I agree the blank my name is and some sharpies works well

im aboard the coral currently.  Even though I was assured they would no one from princess ( officers or cruise director) showed up. It was wheelhouse bar and I was also assured bar would be open.   It was not

Had it been prearranged with Princess?  And did the coordinator for your group invite the officers?  We were on the cruise before your's and we had a decent turnout of both officers and CC members despite the fact that we were still in San Antonio given our delayed departure.  It was at 11 AM and the bar was open.  I spoke to the Bar Manager just before things got rolling because the usual "private event" sign wasn't there but other than that everything went well.

36 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Had it been prearranged with Princess?  And did the coordinator for your group invite the officers?  We were on the cruise before your's and we had a decent turnout of both officers and CC members despite the fact that we were still in San Antonio given our delayed departure.  It was at 11 AM and the bar was open.  I spoke to the Bar Manager just before things got rolling because the usual "private event" sign wasn't there but other than that everything went well.

Yes it was per arranged. I spoke to someone at 19 am that morning who assured me it was all set yp

and arranged

not sure what happen d

the bottom left me is we did meet up and I think everyone was happy