Black Card Question

faze41

From the Voyager’s Club guide it doesn’t say anything about the length.

Complimentary Specialty restaurant "Tasting Menu" dinner (no beverages) [Black], per stateroom. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same stateroom only once andonly if the stateroom occupant is not a Black member. Privilege and speciality restaurants may not be available on all ship classes. Privilege is not available if the members decide to eat dinner at self-service buffet. Members under 18 must be accompanied in order to enjoy the privilege.Members are not allowed to bring any outside beverages into the restaurant.

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

We invited our friends (new MSC cruisers with 'no' status) to dine with us when we used our Black Status perk at Eataly, and it was to be our treat which was explained to the server.  Their entire meal cost us $0.  

I'm confused (which is normal).

I am assuming that you and your partner are Black members, so you were allowed to invite them for the tasting menu at no charge? 

I thought it was only one dinner for 2 per cabin.

1 hour ago, TrinaLC said:

Do they really care if you carry in a drink?  Seems silly and I’ve never been stopped from bringing a glass of wine from another venue (or even my room) into any dining room on multiple cruises. 

Under the old drink packages your drinks package was honoured in the speciality restaurants so people didn't really have the need. Not all of the new packages cover the speciality restaurants so many people are going to be taking drinks in now. 

5 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We invited our friends (new MSC cruisers with 'no' status) to dine with us when we used our Black Status perk at Eataly, and it was to be our treat which was explained to the server.  Their entire meal cost us $0.  

Hope you left a hugh tip for your waiter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Under the old drink packages your drinks package was honoured in the speciality restaurants so people didn't really have the need. Not all of the new packages cover the speciality restaurants so many people are going to be taking drinks in now. 

Madness.

... and, according to the T&Cs in the MSC Voyagers Club brochure, this isn't "allowed"!  Check out the last line of the following:

2033616783_ScreenShot2019-02-17at10_28_34.png.b8041f4376de7140625b098ae3a0cae1.png

(I know ... there's gonna be at least one who'll respond "I did it!" - It doesn't mean it's not allowed;  it just means that this rule was overlooked (same as the rule about no shorts in the MDR at dinner!  🙄)

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

... and, according to the T&Cs in the MSC Voyagers Club brochure, this isn't "allowed"!  Check out the last line of the following:

2033616783_ScreenShot2019-02-17at10_28_34.png.b8041f4376de7140625b098ae3a0cae1.png

(I know ... there's gonna be at least one who'll respond "I did it!" - It doesn't mean it's not allowed;  it just means that this rule was overlooked (same as the rule about no shorts in the MDR at dinner!  🙄)

I plan on wearing shorts in the MDR, at least on our overnight in Bermuda.  When in Rome...

men-bermuda-shorts.jpg

• Haha 1