LOVE Celebrity but their website SUCKS!

Petron

I've found after almost 2 years of annoyances with X's now not so new website it that it works best when using an Incognito or InPrivate window regardless of browser. Try it and you may be surprised at the difference. Also don't log in.

I still don't understand why a company that can build a revolutionary ship can't build a functional website (surely keeping a ship afloat is more complex than a working website?) 

A while ago, I posted on CC that Celebrity should impose a small surcharge on all bookings to apply to a 'website modernization fund'... nobody jumped onboard with the idea :classic_blink:...

Maybe another idea would be for X to allocate a small percentage of all Edge Iconic Suite bookings to the website improvement fund.  (Wouldn't this suite net  X over 2 million dollars a year? A small portion would surely help the website, no?) 

• Like 1

Agreed. My upcoming itinerary had a port change back in October. The site continues to offer excursions for sale related to the ORIGINAL port of call. I've reported it to the company twice, by phone. I wonder what happens if you purchase a trip to Virgin Gorda and the Baths when the ship is docked in St. Thomas! I suspect some cruisers might not even notice. Heck...they are both Virgin Islands. Nightmare.

For the life of me I can't figured out why cruise lines in general have such poor websites.  The travel industry in general was an early adopter of the internet and most segments (airline, rental car, hotel, etc.) have good to very good websites.  Cruise lines? - not so much.  What's doubly amazing is that lines like Celebrity seem to be interested in attracting millennials, yet they seem blind to how bad their websites are.  Strange.

I think the bigger issue is that the websites they are paying for are talking to ancient systems on the back-end.   Rather than trying to gussy up the front-end, they would be better off addressing the underlying data & connections to that data.  It's cheaper to make something look pretty, though, so executives obsessed with appearance are going to go with pretty over functional.

• 3 months later...

I wish I could see wrong excursions! Every time I try to log in to the website it just freezes into a black screen of nothing. Incognito windows, Private browsing, clearing cache, using firefox, chrome, AND safari...all the same crap. Celebrity website is a complete disaster. Modern luxury...NOT.

This is nothing new.  We have been  cruising with Celebrity for years, and their website has always ranged from poor to dreadful.  

Whenever there is a simple, straightforward and direct way to do something,  it seems that their web designers always pick an awkward, convoluted, round-about way to do it instead.

Then whenever they try to improve anything on the website, they somehow manage to mess up something else.