Cruise Critic Community
LauraS

50 Years of Cruising on Royal -- Share Your Memories!

My favorite memory is sailing on Majesty of the Seas, August 1992.  She was just over three months old.  Our first cruise, and we've been hooked ever since.  I still remember our headliner entertainment; The Fifth Dimension and Jerry Van Dyke (and his wife).  

Back then, you received a passenger list; I still have it! 

G

On 6/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, John&LaLa said:

Well, now you get to cruise with Laura

I am looking forward of meeting you,,Sept 1 2019 my next cruise on Allure,,then the excitement is building for our RCCL 50th Anniversary Bash, Keep well,  and keep posting,,Fondly The Godmother. aka Tobyhilda 

well it is more of a nightmare LOL i was on the radiance of the seas  a few years ago think it would be 2018 and well a freak wave in the middle of the night sent me out of my head and i headbutted the Fridge 10 stitches later and a night in the first aid room and a bandage on my head all led too me having dinner with the captain of the ship and no i do not mean with lots of other people at the table the captain and myself ad 2 other staff members so what turned out to be a bad start ended up being dinner with the captain 

I remember taking my sister and BIL to board the Regent Rainbow in Tampa many years ago for a cruise to nowhere. I was amazed at the size of the ship. Then did my first cruise two weeks after 911 on the old Carnival Fantasy. What a rough ride on the tail of a tropical depression. My first Royal cruise was on theSovereign on around 2005 and now we have done a total of around 30 cruises and still going strong. Favorite memory was first time boarding Oasis. The WOW Factor!

Allure June 2012. Son's high school graduation trip. Also took my sister and her daughters. They had recently lost their father to a lifelong battle with illness and this trip was a good release for them. Probably the most fun they ever had and it was their first cruise ever. One of the daughters, far left, is really into photography, so I bought her the unlimited photo package. She had a blast just posing for photos and seeing what she could come up with. They must have ended up with over 300 photos and became good friends with one of the photographers. She even posed with him in one of the photo ops outside the ship at one of the ports. She also ended up on the ship video doing Karaoke. I have more photos on my laptop and can post some better ones later.

My wife and I are booked on the 50th birthday cruise on Nov. 2 on Symphony. Can't wait.

Point your toes....

743102547_2012allure5.thumb.jpg.1fc4fccd4e9f77b9d11234171197584a.jpg

Checking in. This IS my excited face. Sorry. It really is.

106045148_2012allure3.jpg.3383afe2e08eaa37fbe53e647568af87.jpg

Son and Niece. He was headed to NYU as you can see. Now living in Denver CO.

458823585_2012allure1.jpg.12963353342f0d93034ef00317535651.jpg

We have enjoyed over forty cruise adventures of which twenty seven have been on RCI. The newer ships offer so much more to today’s younger customers including so much more geared towards the children. At our current age the more serene and classical cruise venue of yesteryear are missed. But, we are still cruising including our next one in January 2020

My favorite memory would probably be my first cruise.

My first ever cruise was a 7-day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Jewel for my Honeymoon. There is nothing too special about it, just that it was my first and for my honeymoon. It was the first time in YEARS that I got to disconnect from the world (this was 2012.) It was just a great experience just being with my wife. 7 Years later, we still cruise every chance we get! We are RCCL lifers! Our 2-year old daughter has now joined us and she is loving the times on the ship.

The whole time she is on the ship she likes to explain how she is on a boat and how that boat is in the water.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:31 PM, Tobyhilda said:

Biker19. I am impressed with your numbers of posts,,wow,,Let’s share some of your  experiences, let’s try to stimulate some interest on this cruise,,AKA The Godmother 

Are you looking for a roll call for a certain cruise? This is about sharing past memories of cruises. Are you the godmother of a ship? 😀

Had ship godmother on my mind after just reading Kelly Clarkson is the godmother of the Norwegian Encore.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Had ship godmother on my mind after just reading Kelly Clarkson is the godmother of the Norwegian Encore.

I believe actual Godmothers are entitled to one free cruise a year.

I wonder if Fiona got to keep her title?

And does Gloria Estefan get to go twice?

Edited by John&LaLa