Royal Caribbean and American Airlines are thieves!

boricua568

No sympathy here.  If a cruise is cancelled you just cancel the international flight since you are over six months before you are locked in to paying for the flight with Air2Sea.  If you had booked the flights with an airline you would have had change fees, but not with Air2Sea. 

Cancel.  Decide if current prices to San Juan are worth booking Air2Sea or buy flights from airline.  It doesn't cost $700pp to fly from Miami to San Juan.

By the way, nobody will take you seriously when you complain about something that happened over a year ago.

20 hours ago, boricua568 said:

In April 2017, my husband and I booked a 12 day European cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Vision of the Seas to celebrate my 50th birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary in June 2018. Then during the first week of September 2017, we booked our flights through their Air2Sea program. Two weeks later, Royal Caribbean informed us that our ship was chartered by an individual/company so they cancelled our cruise. They offered 3 options which did not fit our schedule because we have a minor child and could not travel for 12 days in the Spring or Fall since school is in session. With limited options, we were basically forced to choose a 7 day cruise that we took during our daughter's spring break which we had already been on. The cruise departed from Puerto Rico instead of Spain. They changed our flights without charging the $200 change fee, which was only right since they cancelled our cruise not us. However, we were originally charged $1,530 (for both of us) to fly coach to/from Miami/Spain and the transferred airfare cost us  $1,466 (for both of us) to fly coach to/from Miami/Puerto Rico. When the changes were being made by Royal Caribbean, we checked flights through the American Airlines website and the airfare on that day for the same flights to/from Miami/PR was $700 (for both of us). We questioned Royal Caribbean about the difference in price but they blamed it on American Airlines. We were refunded $64. Contacted American Airlines and they just talked in circles. Filed complaint with the BBB, but to no avail. Neither would budge on the price. DO NOT USE THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN AIR2SEA PROGRAM UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET ROBBED!! AMERICAN AIRLINES AND ROYAL CARIBBEAN ARE THIEVES!!!! BEWARE!!!😡

We did a Celebrity Cruise a couple years ago and used Choice Air the Celebrity air option. Before leaving home I checked the flight status and everything was fine. This was early am like 4 in the morning. Get to airport after leaving car at long term offsite parking. The guy checking our bags telling us flight canceled. I thought he was kidding as I had a Patriots hat on and he’s got a Giants hat. But he wasn’t.

We spent an hour dealing with delta and got a flight later like 1 pm. Get to Miami much later. I called emergency phone number for Choice air nobody there, too early!

Later I called an person answering said thanks for letting us know the flight was canceled. No help.

Fastforward on return flight we have a stop over in Atlanta and get to connecting flight gate 15 minutes early and doors closed. We ran there. 

Delta puts us up for the night. Compensation $50 credit. Never used.

Celebrity $0.00.

We now Cruise with day before flight hotel etc. Or drive to Bayonne or New York City or Baltimore or Boston.

Guarantees. Emergency phone number. Buyer beware!

21 hours ago, voyager70 said:

+1.  OP's preferred cruise line is Carnival.  Sounds like he/she should stay there.

Cheerleader for Royal....why do people think their line of choice is above it all...you are one of tens of millions of crown and anchor members, if it is in their financial interests they will screw you too.....

4 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Cheerleader for Royal....why do people think their line of choice is above it all...you are one of tens of millions of crown and anchor members, if it is in their financial interests they will screw you too.....

You know nothing about me.  Don't assume you do.

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My thoughts exactly. Part of the reason these forums exist is that they are a social community for people to gather, share information, interact with others and vent.

Even if the OP is a Register, Rant and Run poster to never been seen again, it doesn't make the information any less relevant. Not sure why it took them over a year to post but maybe they just found this website. But that should not matter, it's still a valid experience to be shared.

I remember checking into the ChoiceAir program years ago and found the domestic air prices to be significantly higher then if I booked on my own. Then I read here on CC that it's really designed for International flights. Not sure if flights to San Juan are considered domestic. But now I know - thanks to the OP - that even with the name change to Air2Sea, the program has not changed much and is still of limited value. Good info.

Not my experience. Have found prices as much as half off if use Air2Sea 6 months further out when purchasing, this usually when not doing Domestic. Fly over dozen times a yr and also check travel sites and directly with Airlines...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Not my experience. Have found prices as much as half off if use Air2Sea 6 months further out when purchasing, this usually when not doing Domestic. Fly over dozen times a yr and also check travel sites and directly with Airlines...
I've generally found Air2Sea domestic prices to be on par with booking direct. Since the changes that went into affect in early January, most fares are now also refundable, with fees. (They are working to make all fares offered refundable.) In addition, airfare payment can now be delayed until the final payment date of the cruise. Makes what I already considered a good product, even better. YMMV

14 hours ago, bostonfred said:

It´s funny how some People Always come out with the term Cheerleader, just because some/most don´t agree with the Statements like the one made By the OP. Well thinking About it it´s actually sad to see People so incapable of adding to a discussion with valid Points instad of some Name calling.

What´s wrong with the post quoted? If someone has a preferred product and found out he wasn´t happy with another product, I think it´s more than reasonable to tell him it might be better to stick with his preferred product.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:06 AM, Ralphinsc said:

This right here. Even with two weeks and facing the absolute worst of situations of the line not budging, I still would of found the time to at least do this math problem and figure out it would of been much cheaper to cancel on your own accord and rebook. 

When we look at booking a cruise we, like probably everyone else look at the cost of cruise only, fly cruise, cost of flights ( + perhaps an over night hotel) and make a judgement. On a cruise from Venice we saved around £600 ( we live near London). Not really a saving as my better half spent it on 2 nights in a 5 Star hotel and a handbag. Oh well !!!.😉

Look you are on the royal board....most people on here will defend them. just as they do on carnival or the other lines boards. heck no one even knows for sure what is true and what is not. anyone can make up anything behind a keyboard! its real fishy that this happened a long time ago. 

On 2/23/2019 at 2:13 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Don't ever buy it thru the cruise line because it is more expensive.

This is NOT always true.

A lot depends on the age of the passengers.  

In 2014, we cruised with my parents.  They were 87 at the time.  Insurance through 3rd party was about $2000.  Insurance through Royal was about $400.