Splitting UBP & Dining Package among 4

crystalaziza

So I will try to make this as simple of a question as possible. There will be four of us sailing in a balcony on the Escape this fall. First off before anyone gets out their frying pan, I am NOT trying to do anything dishonest. One of my sisters two friends that are coming along drinks like a fish and wants the UBP, so I said I would be the second of the two which it would go to. (1st & 2nd guests) Nobody else drinks. So far all is well. Then I am Platinum Plus & will get 2 dinners for two vouchers. My sister is bronze & her two friends are first timers. In a way to be able to share my perks I said I would cover one of the other three's dinner. One of the perks I chose was the 3 night dining package for a grat fee of $31.80 split between the other two people would be $15.80 total for three diners at the specialty restaurants. Now, here is where the problem lays. Being that all the perks go the the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation, how do I change it (or use it) to go to the 3rd and 4th person. I have a few ideas, but not sure how it is linked. Is it attached to their key cards? Am I just able to swap key cards at dinner? I will most likely go to the concierge upon boarding and adjust anything that needs to be adjusted. No body will be getting anything that has not been paid for, it's just a matter of who I want to get it. I do not buy the dining package as I have the two free as a perk so I am not familiar on using them. The NCL reps will not answer this because they unfortunately do not have this knowledge. Concierge has always been helpful to me when I have a slight issue, so I have faith it will all work out. I was just looking for someone who had multiple people in a cabin wanting different perks and how they divided them up. Yes, I know what it says in black and white, but I also know things can and have been adjusted. Again, nobody will be trying to get something for free in a sneaky way, so only helpful answers are being sought! I thank you all in advance.

The perks are all supposed to go to guests 1 and 2, and officially can't be split.

I would think that the concierge is the only person who may be able to do something about it, but my guess is that they won't. Most likely, from what I know about these things is that you will just have to stick with guests 1 and 2 getting the dining perk.

But it never hurts to ask.

When you get on the ship, immediately go to the customer service desk and ask to transfer the UBP to the person in the same room you would like to have it. We did this a few years back on the Escape. They did it gladly. I did tip him $20 after the transaction was completed (which he was very surprised at) because it saved me mucho bucks from buying a plan for my husband. We were traveling with my Mom as Passenger 1 and she doesn't drink at all.  Not sure if they will still do that but it is certainly worth a shot. 

The platinum dinner is literally a paper voucher so just had it to the server and they'll cover 2 guests with it. We were in the same situation on the Jade - I'm the platinum guests and had the SDP. They never inquired about who was assigned what. They just subtracted the number of meals total from what the cabin had. 

We didn't have UBP so can't guide you there.

2 minutes ago, Hooked Already said:

Im not sure but I thought if one adult in the cabin gets the beverage package then all adults in the cabin have to get the beverage package. Meaning that if there are four in the cabin, two would have to buy them.

That would be a lot of money.

Agree, another cabin with the perk might be cheaper..but he did say only two of them drink, so there goes that, 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

12 minutes ago, Hooked Already said:

Im not sure but I thought if one adult in the cabin gets the beverage package then all adults in the cabin have to get the beverage package. Meaning that if there are four in the cabin, two would have to buy them.

That would be a lot of money.

She got the UBP as a perk and the perks go to the 1st  two passengers in the cabin. According to how they are listed. So no passenger 3 and 4 don't need to purchase it. It is only if you purchase the drink package outright that all have to get it. 

1 hour ago, YVRBassElectric said:

I one person BUYS the bev package every adult in the cabin needs to buy it, if it’s a perk only passenger 1&2 get it.

sharing dining will be very easy if you eat together - hostess will ask, who is using SDP and who is using platinum voucher- we just did this on the Breakaway

Wow so many quick replies, thank you all.. The beverage package is not an issue. A second cabin is not an option as one of the perks chosen was 3 & 4 person sail free so all could afford the total price divided by 4. Not everyone has unlimited funds. And yes the UBP was a promo to the 1st & 2nd which is one I chose. My sister's friend was going to buy it outright for $500.00 something & I said not to cause I could get the promo & save her tons of money. & YVRBassElectric; your answer makes the most sense, and this is what I actually planned on doing as we all were going to dinner together. The hostesses and other crew have tons more to do than match up who gets what. Also like I said it's all paid for, it's just a matter of who gets what with the dining package. Just wanted to try to get a heads up rather than bother the concierge as they have enough to do also. I like to be easy. Thanks again for your reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

You might be surprised, since they ask for your key cards and the computer knows who has what.

Listen, one of the reasons I am so loyal to NCL is due to the treatment I have gotten. Any issue I have ever had has always been resolved one way or another, sometimes to my surprise that I said something within earshot of someone who put a bug in another's ear. I realize some will say NCL doesn't care, but who are they actually talking about when they say NCL, some rep on the phone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed, some cruise consultant who is only watching the clock to hit 5 p.m.? 

I don't doubt for a minute, that someone aboard the NCL Escape in late September of 2019 will make sure that the two intended to have the dinner package will end up with the dinner package. As not much in life surprises me anymore except those who stand with a pin in hand waiting to burst the next bubble that floats by, just cause they can. Not like I'm trying to break into Fort Knox.

7 minutes ago, crystalaziza said:

Listen, one of the reasons I am so loyal to NCL is due to the treatment I have gotten. Any issue I have ever had has always been resolved one way or another, sometimes to my surprise that I said something within earshot of someone who put a bug in another's ear. I realize some will say NCL doesn't care, but who are they actually talking about when they say NCL, some rep on the phone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed, some cruise consultant who is only watching the clock to hit 5 p.m.? 

I don't doubt for a minute, that someone aboard the NCL Escape in late September of 2019 will make sure that the two intended to have the dinner package will end up with the dinner package. As not much in life surprises me anymore except those who stand with a pin in hand waiting to burst the next bubble that floats by, just cause they can. Not like I'm trying to break into Fort Knox.

It’ll work out, one way or another, the biggest challenge from my point of view is 4 adults in a cabin.  I’m sure y’all will be fine.  Enjoy the cruise. 

16 minutes ago, crystalaziza said:

As not much in life surprises me anymore except those who stand with a pin in hand waiting to burst the next bubble that floats by, just cause they can. Not like I'm trying to break into Fort Knox.

Or those that tell you how it is, so that you will be prepared and won't be surprised if your bubble burst when you are on the ship.

Please let us know how it works out on the ship, I'm sure others will be interested, as many have come on here wanting to share the UBP and SDP and what happens to you will help others.

Edited by NLH Arizona

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

It’ll work out, one way or another, the biggest challenge from my point of view is 4 adults in a cabin.  I’m sure y’all will be fine.  Enjoy the cruise. 

Been there, done that!! As long as they are not sleeping in my bed (lol) I'm o.k. I agree you can't do jumping j's, but as soon as I am awake, I'm out of there. When I'm tired, I start to snore before I even get into bed. I know it will all work out & we will all have a great time as I (& my sister) usually do. Thank You! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Or those that tell you how it is, so that you will be prepared and won't be surprised if your bubble burst when you are on the ship.

Please let us know how it works out on the ship, as I'm sure others will be interested, as many have come on here wanting to share the UBP and SDP and what happens to you will help others.

I surely will!! 

37 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Please let us know how it works out on the ship, I'm sure others will be interested, as many have come on here wanting to share the UBP and SDP and what happens to you will help others.

From what I'm seeing, the OP isn't sharing the UBP. It looks like the "drinkers" are guest 1 & 2. As long as 3 & 4 pay for any drinks, I don't see anything wrong.

The OP (it seems) wants to use the voucher to pay for the 3rd & 4th guests meal. That shouldn't be a problem. After the meal is over, the cards from guest 1 & 2 (who have the SDP) plus the voucher will pay for the meal. 

I don't see it as "sharing" in the way that most people ask about on the forum. 

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

From what I'm seeing, the OP isn't sharing the UBP. It looks like the "drinkers" are guest 1 & 2. As long as 3 & 4 pay for any drinks, I don't see anything wrong.

The OP (it seems) wants to use the voucher to pay for the 3rd & 4th guests meal. That shouldn't be a problem. After the meal is over, the cards from guest 1 & 2 (who have the SDP) plus the voucher will pay for the meal. 

Yes, allowing the other two to use the platinum voucher should work without a problem, as long as the platinum guest is actually there. Technically, I think that they should be one of the people using it, but I would be very surprised if they insist on that.

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

This is Exactly what I am trying to accomplish. Not trying to steal anything. All is paid for. Guest 3 & 4 are not drinkers, not even sodas. Just wanted them to enjoy LeBistro's & Maderno's with me legit. 

26 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I know that she didn't ask to share the UBP, but many have come on here to ask how they can share both the UBP and SDP, as well as the Platinum dinner vouchers and for the most part, they have been told by other posters that they are all non-transferrable.

And I would love to know if others can use the Platinum perk, because there has been many times that I wanted to give mine to others, but never did because of what folks on here have said.

Edited by NLH Arizona

10 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

I know that she didn't ask to share the UBP, but many have come on here to ask how they can share both the UBP and SDP, as well as the Platinum dinner vouchers and for the most part, they have been told by other posters that they are all non-transferrable.

It's a little greyish since the voucher is "no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom". The assumption is that the platinum guest will use it even if another guest is a 1st time cruiser. Theoretically, anyone staying in stateroom #xxx could use it. NCL could say "...neither of you is platinum, you can't use it..." but I think that as long as all 4 are dining together and from the same stateroom, it shouldn't be a problem. However, the 4 should be careful with what they order as the SDP terms are slightly different from the voucher terms. 

I agree that when this topic comes up, it's usually someone trying to "share" the UBP/SDP in a way that isn't allowed. Yes, the voucher is for the platinum guest and whomever is staying in the same stateroom but I don't believe that the OP will have a problem. 

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

It's a little greyish since the voucher is "no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom". The assumption is that the platinum guest will use it even if another guest is a 1st time cruiser. Theoretically, anyone staying in stateroom #xxx could use it. NCL could say "...neither of you is platinum, you can't use it..." but I think that as long as all 4 are dining together and from the same stateroom, it shouldn't be a problem. However, the 4 should be careful with what they order as the SDP terms are slightly different from the voucher terms. 

I agree that when this topic comes up, it's usually someone trying to "share" the UBP/SDP in a way that isn't allowed. Yes, the voucher is for the platinum guest and whomever is staying in the same stateroom but I don't believe that the OP will have a problem. 

Well, we will just have to see what happens when the OP comes back and lets us know.  Hopefully, it works out for her.

6 minutes ago, kollegekreed said:

I wasn’t sure about the platinum transfer but in December on the epic I gave two friends my cagneys certificate and they used it with no problem at the exact same time I was using the la cucina certificate. 

Thanks, I'll try this on my next cruise, because I always want to give someone, the chance to eat in one of the specialty restaurants.

I for the final time am NOT trying to share the unlimited beverage package. Guest 3 & 4 are NOT drinkers. They are Mormons and do not drink but didn't think I had to offer this info. I wasn't even going to get it for myself, but seeing how the 1 person drinks, I offered her the promo choice and I would be the other person who gets it being it is for guest 1 & 2. Again as in my first post this has absolutely nothing to do with the alcohol package, only the 3 meal for 2 dinner package. If people would read before they comment, gheeze. I will work it out on my own, no need for further input. Thank you to the few who did understand my question and answer in an appropriate manner. I realize what others have tried to do and what they have asked, but, that is not what I am asking or trying to do, therefore, it should absolutely have no bearing on my post. I'm sure we will all get plenty to eat.