“LIVE” from Symphony of the Seas, March 9, 2019

Chris thanks for a great review and the good times we had in person.  Look forward to sailing with you again in the future. Can you say Hibachi 2.0?

I can! [emoji847][emoji847] Until then, I’ll be practicing my “catching” skills. I aspire to be as good as Owen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/13/2019 at 3:05 PM, niksmom630 said:

Had a great day at Nachi. This is our go to spot in Cozumel, and it never disappoints. They sell a limited number of passes, so the property is never over crowded.

It’s an all inclusive package for $55 per person. Nice facilities, WiFi and unlimited drinks and food.

The girls had a lillllllllllll too much fun and sun, and are currently sleeping it off emoji38.png

7af702e594bdec761b73b1c3634a84fc.jpg

5c6a150d3a4f20071179c4e3b86d527d.jpg

04e5df6f22253861641407ba823bc945.jpg

a4fa57fba677f41f1103d73d598915b4.jpg

7c35b71467ecb33eea55a91c09721d1c.jpg

07bab3c602d5d37942a6b51acea00024.jpg

Just s point of clarification, $55/day includes food and alcoholic beverages? Or just water, soda, etc.? Also, if alcoholic, what kind of alcoholic beverages? Thanks!

I have really enjoyed this review.

3 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Yes, the $55 includes unlimited alcohol drinks, frozen virgin or hard liquor, bottled beer, sodas and bottled water.

It is a great value!

I went ahead and made four reservations (all adults for those that don’t want children there...lol) for June 12. I figured better safe than sorry!

Also, I’ll be there by way of the Symphony as well. Thanks, again!

Edited by revjamesl
Adding to it.

16 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Ken, sorry to hear about the demise of your slot pull winnings! emoji38.pngemoji857.png

Hopefully there will be another, more fruitful slot pull in our future where IRS reporting is involved, and Tim will get more than one spin with said winnings on the roulette wheel emoji23.png

Great review Chris. And thanks again for organizing the slot pull. I'm glad to see that Ken joined Courtney and I in the losers club.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 10:15 AM, niksmom630 said:

Self assist walk off started promptly at 6:45 am. We got in line on deck 5, outside the Bionic bar around 6:15.

There were only around 40 people in line then, but by 6:45, the line extended all the way to the back of the MDR. Once the line started moving, we were thru to curbside in less than 15 minutes.

We had intended to take a taxi or Uber, but there were vans outside offering airport transfers for $10 per person, so in the interest of time, we decided to take the van.

We didn’t have great options for return flight times. Either early a.m. or late afternoon.

I knew the 10:15 time was doable, but also knew things were going to have to go well.

The security check point lines were ROUGH. And long. emoji30.pngWe were still at the gate over an hour prior to our flight.

So, we have an 8:45 flight..... Could you have made it?

Honestly, no. I don’t think so.

Security, and bag checks will be the issue. It may depend on your airline, but...American did not have curbside bag check in. So we had to drag the bags inside, do kiosk self service bag check, print off luggage tags. Then get in a line to check the weight of the bags and produce ID.

Also, our group had a combination of seats in first class and coach. There were different security lines for each, first class being a priority line, but both were LONG. And we ended up at the gate at the same time. Around 8:55 am.

Worked for our 10:15 flight. But even that made me nervous. Would never consider a flight earlier than that, unless...you are not checking bags, have priority check in, and are a fast runner. [emoji38]

18 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thank you for a great review and pictures! We are down to 35 days of waiting for our turn on Symphony. After seeing your great pictures, I'm even more excited about sailing on Symphony than I already was - as if that is even possible! 

I’m officially envious of your count down clock! I have to work on getting a new one started 😆 Symphony definitely ranks up there as one of my favorites.....hope your trip is as great as ours was! 🤗

• Like 2

Thanks! While we don't have you, A&LOnt, or CLR on our sailing, I'm sure we will manage to have a great time anyway! We have good friends sailing with us, a great roll call group, and we will be on an amazing ship. How can we go wrong? 

Your pictures, tips, and compasses have been a great help in planning our cruise, so you will be sailing with us, at least virtually! Thanks for the help! 

Now all I need to do is find another cruise to book, since our next two trips after Symphony are land vacations. I'm afraid I'll feel naked after Symphony if I don't have a new cruise countdown to put in my signature. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 1:27 AM, revjamesl said:

Just s point of clarification, $55/day includes food and alcoholic beverages? Or just water, soda, etc.? Also, if alcoholic, what kind of alcoholic beverages? Thanks!

I have really enjoyed this review.

Is the food unlimited thru out the day.

Is the food unlimited thru out the day.

We placed a few separate orders during our day there. Various Appetizers, entrees, etc. The website states “a 4 course lunch” ala carte menu as included in the package price.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never had them question the quantities of items we’ve ordered.

Great review and thanks for all the pix. We'll be on board the Symphony on July 13--so looking forward to it very much! I have a few questions about the Solarium: It's adults only (in theory) and open to all cabins? In other words, not dedicated solely to suites, etc? Also, is the food option there complimentary? Thanks again.

1 minute ago, footballref said:

Great review and thanks for all the pix. We'll be on board the Symphony on July 13--so looking forward to it very much! I have a few questions about the Solarium: It's adults only (in theory) and open to all cabins? In other words, not dedicated solely to suites, etc? Also, is the food option there complimentary? Thanks again.

Open to all guests, age 16 and over.

Solarium food venue is open to all ages, no extra charge except for a couple of entrees in the evening.

• Like 1

Great thanks! Did you try the hot dog place? Looks good from the pix I've seen on CC.

No, I did not. Being a Chicago native, I have pretty high standards when it comes to dogs, and suspected that I might be setting myself up for disappointment [emoji12]

1 minute ago, niksmom630 said:

No, I did not. Being a Chicago native, I have pretty high standards when it comes to dogs, and suspected that I might be setting myself up for disappointment emoji12.png

I'm appalled that there is no Chicago Dog option there.

I'm appalled that there is no Chicago Dog option there.

My sentiments exactly, Bob! Probably for the best they haven’t attempted it. They’d probably serve it with ketchup ! [emoji37]

Ate a few sausages there with kraut with green and red peppers and a little mustard. I doubt they will compare to what Bob and Chris know. From what I read about Chicago dogs they are hard to beat. I have taken sweet pickles and chopped them up onto a dog with mustard but I think that too will fail in comparison.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ate a few sausages there with kraut with green and red peppers and a little mustard. I doubt they will compare to what Bob and Chris know. From what I read about Chicago dogs they are hard to beat. I have taken sweet pickles and chopped them up onto a dog with mustard but I think that too will fail in comparison.

Here you go:  https://www.portillos.com/menu/restaurant/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

We used to live in the Chicago area and loved Portillos! Chicago style pizza-not so much. Much prefer New York pizza.

Oh boy, this usually does not end well.

• Haha 1