“LIVE” from Symphony of the Seas, March 9, 2019

This is a great review, thank you for sharing!  We board the Symphony tomorrow and I cannot wait!  

Something I have wondered for a while: can you tan in the Solarium?  It looks like it is almost completely covered.  I know tanning is not good blah blah blah, but is that a place to get some sun?

The roof is mostly glass, and yes, you can absolutely get sun in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d7aad1cf9ae2ab7cd637281b48d26732.jpg

Self assist walk off started promptly at 6:45 am. We got in line on deck 5, outside the Bionic bar around 6:15.

There were only around 40 people in line then, but by 6:45, the line extended all the way to the back of the MDR. Once the line started moving, we were thru to curbside in less than 15 minutes.

We had intended to take a taxi or Uber, but there were vans outside offering airport transfers for $10 per person, so in the interest of time, we decided to take the van.

We didn’t have great options for return flight times. Either early a.m. or late afternoon.

I knew the 10:15 time was doable, but also knew things were going to have to go well.

The security check point lines were ROUGH. And long. [emoji30]We were still at the gate over an hour prior to our flight.

• Like 1

Someone was really using their noggin when they chose these bathroom door opening sensors that operate with the wave of your hand

No more using using paper towels to open the bathroom door after washing your hands, and then putting your basketball skills to the test trying to dispose of said paper towels after exiting the bathroom

60e30bde97d1304fe4afe0b2f4fa0c56.jpg

I’m also a fan of these two sided stateroom door magnets [emoji3590]

59cbe9afb6391095a3f6ce34f419734b.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

Did you use any of the spa services? We have a couples massage scheduled on our cruise and haven't been able to find many Symphony spa reviews. 

My husband and I had a couples massage on Harmony in November and we thought it was just okay. We vowed to never waste our time in the spa again. It was fine and all but we spent time and money there when we could have been doing something else as there is so much to do always! 

• Thanks 1

Going to wrap up with a few last thoughts... and a photo or two [emoji6]

A few people were inquiring about the Hilton Miami Blue Lagoon accommodations....

Overall, I’d probably give it A 7 out of ten.....

The positives:

Common areas, grounds and pool area. Nice outdoor bar area

7a52066a657ea73e44c1a89180ca9315.jpg

e8c40f901db1e4d1cb634e5552a6a32b.jpg

83bca3aae6789a067b740be153ca3434.jpg

b40bc3ae58022258041330466c12402f.jpg

2542b881a0de27ee48eeddbf20bd1ada.jpg

2d4d56c34a8bda7296a724a689c58d4a.jpg

Short Uber ride to Publix to pick up wine.

Probably would have been walkable had I not had to carry back the wine!

Negatives.....

Rooms are definitely looking a little worn. Literally right across from the airport, so if flight noise would bother you, probably not a good choice.

Nice balcony and view if you choose a corner room, but a LONG hallway walk to get there.

b75890bd0bb0745e7c72209a1a836ea2.jpg

I hate preloaded mini fridges that are basically unusable....there was a card in the room that said you could request a second fridge to store items....

4ffa4c94341888f4217fb53a87ec39d3.jpg

0a256a0d4f50bab47ca72d694e0699fb.jpg

Finally, the room was pretty pricey.... but not uncommon for for the February to April timeframe in Florida.

The Symphony overall? A 9-10 for me.

Mostly pluses and a few minuses....but as far as cruises go, my favorite Oasis class ship so far.

- entertainment was some of the best I’ve seen. ever.

- quantum class stateroom style and configuration far surpass Allure and Oasis rooms, in a good way

- Port of Miami embark/debark was super fast and efficient.

- lots of hand washing stations in the various dining venues. A huge plus for hand sanitizer haters

- MDR service was impeccable. Fast, efficient, and the wait staff was super friendly.

- bar service was also good. Even on crowded sea days, I only waited a few minutes for drink service.

As for the negatives, there weren’t many, and mostly were more of an “nit” or annoyance than anything:

- did not receive and D/D+ info or invites in the stateroom. No offers sheet, we usually receive a “behind the scenes” tour offer (galley, bridge or theatre choice) mid week.... but this cruise....nada. Maybe I missed the discontinuation of this perk, in which case, I retract my negative [emoji38]

- I for one would advocate a brief segment during the muster informational video to remind people about elevator etiquette. Doors opening does not mean “enter”. Count to ten, wait for people to exit, THEN enter. Pet peeve of mine, but irritating nonetheless.

- this was my first sailing on any Oasis class sailing that felt “crowded”. Can’t really put my finger on why. I realize it was a “spring break” cruise for many, but ships don’t sail half empty these days. I’ve always said that Oasis class ships are the best for disbursing crowds, but the pool decks on sea days were rough to navigate. Maybe it was the chairs. And so many of them.

The award for the best T-shirts of the week goes out to this group. Met these folks on the pool deck on Day 1.

I wonder how many cones this gentleman had?

4b2d84fccc001b54b7ab6bdb6ce3c21d.jpg

Well, this about wraps it up! Thanks to all of you who followed along for posting all the nice comments and “likes”.

I confess that these LIVE reviews are a little self serving. Occasionally, I look back at some of my older reviews to revisit the photos and the memories. A nice reminder of the reason we take vacations. A friend here on the boards once reminded me, “work hard, play hard”- the best advise. [emoji3590] and don’t wait until tomorrow for the memories you can make today.

Finally, a shout out to all the CC members I finally got to meet in person on this sailing. What a great little community we have here [emoji847] I hope our cruising paths cross again!

Two of my favorite memories to finish this off....our Roatan stop, and getting to hug one of these amazing creatures

df5daf569c1c889e41b19aca10d2e92a.jpg

And getting bit by this little $!&@!#!

2f99a508aac171684274c2e3ac88248c.jpg

And a picture perfect sail away gathering with cruising friends, “old” and “new”!

Hoping there are many more “until we meet again”! [emoji3590]

5166468349e3f65b33f7adbf16e9d6cb.jpg

• Like 4

We were on your cruise as well and nice re-living it and seeing your experience.  Looks like you had a great time!

We did, Lu! Hope you had a great one as well... sorry we didn’t get to meet in person [emoji847]

Great review and gorgeous pictures! Thank you so much for taking us along. It looked like an awesome time!

Thanks! It was! Weren’t we on a sailing together? Maybe Harmony?

Chris, another fantastic review.  Reading it now and it’s hard to believe it’s over already.  Thanks again for organizing the slot tournament, it was a lot of fun, like Yorkvillian we ended up losing the money we walked away with from the slots.

Ken, sorry to hear about the demise of your slot pull winnings! [emoji38][emoji857]

Hopefully there will be another, more fruitful slot pull in our future where IRS reporting is involved, and Tim will get more than one spin with said winnings on the roulette wheel [emoji23]

• Like 1