Solarium Bistro Menu, Anthem

tursia

In all of our years of cruising we have never eaten in the Solarium Bistro, just wondering if someone can post a picture of the breakfast and lunch menu on the Anthem. I think this cruise we might need to check it out as I hear there are some healthier options.

Thanks!

Breakfast and lunch is a buffet.  There is no menu. In the evening reservations are required.  Appetizers and dessert are on the buffet. There is a menu for the main course.  Food was good and the service was good.  The evening we were there, the Captain was having his dinner.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, tursia said:

In all of our years of cruising we have never eaten in the Solarium Bistro, just wondering if someone can post a picture of the breakfast and lunch menu on the Anthem. I think this cruise we might need to check it out as I hear there are some healthier options.

Thanks!

Ate most breakfasts and lunches in the Solarium on HOTS.....LOVED it!!  No menus, as it is buffet, as poster above noted.  They have a decent variety and I was never at a loss of what to choose!  My Windjammer days will be VERY limited in the future....LoL  The Solarium does serve dinner, however you will need to inquire, as some ships will charge in the Solarium for dinner only!  We always did our dinners in the MDR, so I have no idea how the dinners are there and if it is worth paying for, if there is a charge.

I reserved the Solarium on the Anthem for several dinners on an upcoming cruise and it is no charge.  There was a menu on the Royal website that I was able to view when I made the reservations.  The choices did look good and healthy and the appetizers seemed to be more of a Mediterranean type of menu.  I look forward to dining there.

1 hour ago, JohnSpo said:

I reserved the Solarium on the Anthem for several dinners on an upcoming cruise and it is no charge.  There was a menu on the Royal website that I was able to view when I made the reservations.  The choices did look good and healthy and the appetizers seemed to be more of a Mediterranean type of menu.  I look forward to dining there.

Solarium was complimentary for me. And yes, menus are online in the cruise planner. I have many allergies/dietary restrictions, so this is one of the few "specialty restaurants" that I will be dining at.

5 minutes ago, resjes said:

Solarium was complimentary for me. And yes, menus are online in the cruise planner. I have many allergies/dietary restrictions, so this is one of the few "specialty restaurants" that I will be dining at.

I also have dietary restrictions so I will enjoy the option of the Solarium for dinner.

On our 7 day Anthem Cruise, I only ate at windjammer once, that was the morning of debarkation.  Every other breakfast and lunch was either Café270 or Solarium Bistro.  Oh... and one lunch in a CocoCay Bungalow 😁

dp

I never saw a menu for breakfasts or lunches, so I am guessing it is only for dinner....Now that I know it is complimentary on the Anthem, I may check out the menu and see if it interests me for a dinner or two there!

2 hours ago, snaefell said:

Is it available for breakfast to all or only certain cabin grades?

Yep, as Clarea said, open to ALL!  It is such a nice option for breakfasts and lunches!  Last cruise on HOTS, after day 1, I did not step foot into the Windjammer the rest of my cruise...:)  I intend to do the same on my upcoming cruise on the Anthem!

• Like 1

Ok to explain,we had booked the Anthem transatlantic for April 2020,starting in New York,calling at Halifax,Ponta Delgada,Cobh & Le Havre before finishing in Southampton,really excited,been to the USA many times but not New York,really looking forward to Halifax also.

RCI have pulled Halifax from the cruise saying that the 'Atlantic can be rough in winter',well sorry that is laughable,any sea or ocean can be rough any time of year,it just is a pathetic excuse.

That leaves us with Ponta Delgada where we went this year,Ireland & France,which we can visit(& do) anytime from here in the UK & a lot of sea days.

After an argument RCI say we can switch to another cruise but it will cost us £150,not really finding anything else that lights our candle we either stick with it or cancel & lose the deposit which makes me spitting mad!

2 hours ago, snaefell said:

Ok to explain,we had booked the Anthem transatlantic for April 2020,starting in New York,calling at Halifax,Ponta Delgada,Cobh & Le Havre before finishing in Southampton,really excited,been to the USA many times but not New York,really looking forward to Halifax also.

RCI have pulled Halifax from the cruise saying that the 'Atlantic can be rough in winter',well sorry that is laughable,any sea or ocean can be rough any time of year,it just is a pathetic excuse.

That leaves us with Ponta Delgada where we went this year,Ireland & France,which we can visit(& do) anytime from here in the UK & a lot of sea days.

After an argument RCI say we can switch to another cruise but it will cost us £150,not really finding anything else that lights our candle we either stick with it or cancel & lose the deposit which makes me spitting mad!

Oh wow!  I'm sorry to hear that this has happened......Strange, as April is considered Spring, not winter.....

11 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

Oh wow!  I'm sorry to hear that this has happened......Strange, as April is considered Spring, not winter.....

Yes quite,probably the most annoying thing,if you are going to think of an excuse don't make it such a ridiculous one!!