Smart Phone Ocean Ready

Elevatorman

Getting prepared for April 7 Regal cruise. I’ve downloaded the Ocean Ready app on my phone, and put all info in, passports, pictures and such. It took my and my husbands info. Now my question is do I have to do this on his phone also, or at boarding is the one loaded phone enough. Will anyone need to see it all on his phone too?

As long as the info for both of you has been entered, you're good to go! You will get an email when your medallions are shipped. We got our medallions before our Regal sailing at the beginning of February and it literally took us 8 minutes from dropping off our luggage to sitting in the Platinum Lounge, and that was with having to have our passports re-scanned!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gizmodog said:

What is the cost of this?

Not a thing. It's all part of the Ocean Medallion package. 

Though some will grouse about OM raising the cost of cruising.  To be sure, OM provides you with the opportunity to easily spend a great deal of money once on board (exactly as a cruise card does) but the watchword here is discipline. A little personal responsibility goes a long way. 

25 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

As long as the info for both of you has been entered, you're good to go! You will get an email when your medallions are shipped. We got our medallions before our Regal sailing at the beginning of February and it literally took us 8 minutes from dropping off our luggage to sitting in the Platinum Lounge, and that was with having to have our passports re-scanned!

As long as all passengers the four segments around their individual photos have turned from red to green, you've done all you need to do. For all passengers. You should get and email advising you your OM devices are shipping/have been shipped from Singapore. Tracking info from DHL will be included in the email. 

Let the anticipation begin!!

3 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

What do I download on my smart phone to start this? Can we still get a key card if we ask along with the medallions? My husband is not at all techy and never even brings his phone.

Available from iTunes store and also for Android devices:

Ocean Ready

Download this app and follow the directions. 

And yes, you can also get a regular cruise card. But once you begin using OM, I'm betting you'll never go back. 

Edited by Ep010835

22 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

What is the cost of this?

Actually my first cruise with Medallion last January on the Regal, we were an experimental group only certain cabins had it, and Ocean Ready wasn’t working. I thought they should have paid us for dealing with this whole thing. 

1 hour ago, Elevatorman said:

Getting prepared for April 7 Regal cruise. I’ve downloaded the Ocean Ready app on my phone, and put all info in, passports, pictures and such. It took my and my husbands info. Now my question is do I have to do this on his phone also, or at boarding is the one loaded phone enough. Will anyone need to see it all on his phone too?

It is a pretty easy process.

Gizmodog, that's exactly why, you can't order medallions until it's within a certain date of your sailing. You should get an email from Princess when you can access the Ocean Ready app with all your info. 

Also, you don't need to use a smartphone to use the medallion on the ship for the basic functions (getting off/on, opening your door, and paying for items on the ship). 

Edited by WisCruiser2

3 hours ago, gizmodog said:

What do I download on my smart phone to start this? Can we still get a key card if we ask along with the medallions? My husband is not at all techy and never even brings his phone.

Go to your App Store on your phone , search for Ocean Ready, that’s it.

2 hours ago, gizmodog said:

I downloaded the app, did all of the info it took everything but won’t take my reservation number

Another thread says that the sign in information you use for this app has to be the same as your sign in information for the Princess web site in order to find your reservation.

2 hours ago, gizmodog said:

There also was no place for passport numbers, just email names addresses, phone emergency contact and a photo to just be associated with the app. I’m confused🤪

Passport numbers, etc. are already in your Personalizer, so you do not have to enter them again.

The Ocean Medallion Team told me that you have to be within 30-45 days of your cruise in order for the ocean ready app to be filled out and all info can be filled out.  If you are outside this time frame; it may not take or accept your reservation number.  image.png.285924df8555598b9a377b5118fc15d4.pngThis is what your completed medallion pass will look like;  when you get to port the security guard will look for the barcode that is on this pass.  That let's them know everything is complete

Port security.  When we got out of taxi at the port; we got in line for security.  They wanted to see both our passport and bar code on the medallion;  once they saw that we were good to go and went into the waiting area..  If you don't have the bar code on the ocean ready app; you can show the barcode on your boarding pass. Not a big deal.  Port security just wanted to see bar code for your cruise and passport

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Port security.  When we got out of taxi at the port; we got in line for security.  They wanted to see both our passport and bar code on the medallion;  once they saw that we were good to go and went into the waiting area..  If you don't have the bar code on the ocean ready app; you can show the barcode on your boarding pass. Not a big deal.  Port security just wanted to see bar code for your cruise and passport

thanks as always

does the medallion just float around in the lanyard, and do you get a lanyard if you are only getting the OM

and not a cruise card ???

just made final payment today - woo hoo

I now that Princess is moving to this across their fleet, but can you still get a card to use or do you have to go to the Medallion?  We do not want to carry our cell phones with us when on the ship.  We go on a cruise to get away from technology.  

Dennis

48 minutes ago, Travelw said:

I now that Princess is moving to this across their fleet, but can you still get a card to use or do you have to go to the Medallion?  We do not want to carry our cell phones with us when on the ship.  We go on a cruise to get away from technology.  

Dennis

You don't need your cell phone to use Medallion. You can use the smart phone app if you wish to set it up in advance, but that is not required. Once you receive your Medallion (either by mail or at port check-in) you don't need anything else to use it. On our Caribbean Princess cruise in January this year, they were giving everyone the usual cruise card along with the Medallion. The bars sometimes scanned the Medallion, sometimes scanned the cruise card, and sometimes manually typed in the number from the cruise card when charging drinks to my account.

There are some Medallion features that are accessed via smartphone apps like the ability to order drinks for example. But Medallion works just fine on its own.

Edited by Steven_&_Daniel

1 hour ago, Travelw said:

We do not want to carry our cell phones with us when on the ship. 

I dearly wish this one piece of misinformation would be cleansed from OM vernacular. 

A cell phone is NOT needed to access any part of the OM onboard experience. 

Yet it keeps somehow stays alive and keeps getting repeated. 

A cell phone is NOT needed to access any part of the OM onboard experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

thanks as always

does the medallion just float around in the lanyard, and do you get a lanyard if you are only getting the OM

and not a cruise card ???

just made final payment today - woo hoo

You will get a medallion with a lanyard,  you will get a cruise card in your stateroom.  You will get a plastic holder for your cruise card; which you can attach to the lanyard.