They are REALLY pushing Kids Sail Free. Too Bad.

MDTrip

We have taken a few X cruises as a couple, but the most recent one was with our two children ages 4 and 7, plus our nanny.  We had connecting concierge cabins.  We really enjoyed the experience and are planning to do it again next year.  

The kids club on X is not crazy pandemonium like it was on Disney.  Way too loud, way too busy, way too wild.  My kids really liked the calmer atmosphere of the X club and more personalized attention.

We have also sailed NCL as a family- I think we will be more likely to do this again as they get a little older and really want to do all the "stuff" but honestly at ages 4 and 7 they were too small for many of the water slides and such.  They were happy swimming in the pool on Celebrity, eating cheeseburgers at the Mast Grill, and getting room service or buffet dinners most nights.  When you are 4 and 7 that is pretty exciting!  I did not like NCL as much- loud, smoky, a lot of very drunk people behaving badly.  The main pool was chaotic.

We'll be back on Celebrity with our kids.  They get to watch their tablets at the dinner table, with headphones, while waiting on their food to arrive to keep them quiet and then they get turned off.  My daughter (the 7 year old) has discovered a love for foods like surf and turf, linguini with clams, and creme brûlée!  Sometimes we play mancala together in Cafe al Bacio. It is a nice family vacation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiseflyer38 said:

Seems like Celebrity cannot sell the Edge to the once very loyal Celebrity cruisers so they are going to try and compete with Disney  !!!    The head office in Miami seems to be in PANIC MODE.

The only ones panicking are those on this board. Again, they’ve done the same thing for 25 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it is great that CC has so many Marketing Professionals providing input on this and other things/areas about X's outreach, I believe that many who have great critical input need apply to the marketing department at RCCL so your voices and desires are heard and achieved...

Reminds me of the great roar over X's IT group, I pointed out that there were a few positions open for IT pro's at HQ and I Am sure no one applied to help with the 'fixes' that their/any nieces/nephews/children and other 16+ YO's could do to help out... LOL

I do really like Tuesday morning QB's, too.

Thanks for making Our cruise experience better.

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, Tapi said:

Last time I checked, all Puertoricans are Americans....

I teach at a community college campus where a majority of the students are Hispanic. Many, despite being born in the U.S. (by which I mean, to clarify, not in P.R.) resist the "American" label and prefer to be labeled as Puerto Rican, Colombian, Venezuelan, whatever.

Last semester a student born in Wisconsin (not where my school is) identified himself as Puerto Rican, for example.

It's an interesting phenomenon.

5 hours ago, dkjretired said:

The only ones panicking are those on this board. Again, they’ve done the same thing for 25 years.

You have said numerous times that Celebrity has done this for 25 years. I don't ever remember such a campaign. But I do see it on other lines often. How about some dates. Once a year? Every five years? Once 20 years ago? It has NOT been their policy for 25 years! My apologies if my memory fails me. And we are Elite plus. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, twodjs said:

You have said numerous times that Celebrity has done this for 25 years. I don't ever remember such a campaign. But I do see it on other lines often. How about some dates. Once a year? Every five years? Once 20 years ago? It has NOT been their policy for 25 years! My apologies if my memory fails me. And we are Elite plus. 

Also E plus and have sailed with them since 92.We did Horizon  out of New York in 94 with kids free and Zenith in 96 with kids half price. 

So they had promotions back in the 1990s - but that doesn't make it a continuing policy for 25 years! Our cruising with Celebrity started with the introduction of the S class. Had "kids cruise free" been their ongoing policy, we would have jumped ship real fast! While Celebrity ships have always had kids, with good programs to keep them occupied, it has seemed to us, at least on the S class ships, to be adult focused cruises. This change in focus may work for many and that's fine - just not for us. 

17 hours ago, twodjs said:

It was offered on Summit sailings either last year or the year before, so they have been offering the promotion over the years (as Don has confirmed). 

6 hours ago, twodjs said:

So they had promotions back in the 1990s - but that doesn't make it a continuing policy for 25 years! Our cruising with Celebrity started with the introduction of the S class. Had "kids cruise free" been their ongoing policy, we would have jumped ship real fast! While Celebrity ships have always had kids, with good programs to keep them occupied, it has seemed to us, at least on the S class ships, to be adult focused cruises. This change in focus may work for many and that's fine - just not for us. 

Never said it was a continuing or ongoing policy, I just said it was nothing new.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, Tapi said:

Was it anything like this? This was the scene, literally from opening to closing time, every single day on our last cruise about a month ago aboard a “family friendlier” cruise line. Needless to say, we didn’t used the hot tubs once during that cruise. 

BD91CD79-716B-4FC6-8033-CBD58E9F9B2E.png

We call this 'people soup'.  If one of the hot tubbers happens to be named Stewart, we call it 'People Stew'.

• Haha 2