Is the Sky Suite Experience that Much Better than Aqua?

cruisinsusin

On 3/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, cruisinsusin said:

We are currently in an A2 on deck 11 on an 11 night Reflection cruise and got a good price including 3 perks. We now have the opportunity to upgrade to an aft corner S1 with go best for ~$550 pp. We like Blu and are ok with our current location. We have not experienced a suite and are having trouble deciding whether to make the change. Would the aft corner S1 sky suites and the suite experience be worth the additional to those of you who have experienced both?

Thanks in advance

Susan

yes

1 hour ago, George C said:

With royal suite do they keep replenish drinks liquor in mini fridge for free?

They will refill beer, and we've found they've replaced wine too.  You start with 2 full bottles of liquor of your choice.  Don't know that they replace those if you empty them or not.

They also make sure there is plenty of bottled water.

• Like 1

No comparison.  The suite experience is so much better than  AQ , which is really a balcony cabin with a few trinkets- not great in my option.  The cost can be over  30% or more extra the a well located balcony cabin .  Yes, you get to dine in blu which is a much smaller dining room then the MDR, but tables, especially for two are very close.  The food is hyped IMO.  I would say get a balcony cabin and a speciality dining package works best if the suite doesn't work with your budget.

We also didn't like the persian garden and spent only a few minutes in it.  The  AQ cabins are typically located under the gym, spa and pool, so not the greatest location for a quiet relaxing sailing.

With a sky suite, you can get a better location, access to Lumanie, Michaels club, and depending upon the ship, a nice suite deck, especially great on the edge.  The cabin is bigger and more comfortable.  Of course you pay more for a suite, but IMO so worth it!

I realize you did decide on a sky suite-  and enjoyed your sailing, but this information is for the benefit of those thinking about it! We are trying our first royal suite soon and while it is super expensive IMO, the perks are unbelievable.  Checking one off our bucket list!

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

The OP already cruised and chose the SS.  (post 51)

Whenever we look at SS vs CC or AQ the cost can be 2x or even 3x the price of the CC or AQ. 

Edited by Fogfog

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I realize you did decide on a sky suite-  and enjoyed your sailing, but this information is for the benefit of those thinking about it! We are trying our first royal suite soon and while it is super expensive IMO, the perks are unbelievable.  Checking one off our bucket list!

It is VERY DANGEROUS to do a Royal Suite.

We started dong Sky Suites 10 years ago.

Then we moved to Celebrity Suites 5 years ago.

Finally we tried a Royal Suite 3 years ago and now every time we book a cruise we end up in a Royal Suite (usually after much discussion).

We have now done 4 cruises in a Royal Suite and have 7 future cruises booked in a Royal Suite.

Like I said, booking a Royal is VERY DANGEROUS.  At least for us, it is almost impossible to go back to a Sky Suite.  It just doesn't feel the same.

Good Luck with your future cruise.

Bob (and Terry)

1 hour ago, Ravbo said:

Like I said, booking a Royal is VERY DANGEROUS.  At least for us, it is almost impossible to go back to a Sky Suite.  It just doesn't feel the same.

Bob (and Terry)

I guess you better not ever book the penthouse then.  😁

• Haha 2

On 3/17/2019 at 1:50 PM, cruisinsusin said:

Thanks- I did research the aft balconies before we booked and noted that the ones on 6 has the small balconies.

We were in Equinox corner aft sky suite 6305 and after research, realized the balcony was smaller. Upgraded to CS cabin 1233. Still no clue how that was still available, but we will take it!

18 hours ago, Ravbo said:

Finally we tried a Royal Suite 3 years ago and now every time we book a cruise we end up in a Royal Suite (usually after much discussion).

We have now done 4 cruises in a Royal Suite and have 7 future cruises booked in a Royal Suite.

Bob (and Terry)

We also started with Celebrity over 30 cruises ago in a window cabin, as they didn't have balconies then. We then tried have tried, Aqua, Concierge,  Sky suite which we cruise in most often, a few celebrity suites also and this will be our first Royal! 

Same thing with Royal!  Started with Central Park View, which we enjoyed, then moved up the ladder to a crown loft suite!  Wow we really loved that suite and try to book when we sail on Royal!  Not cheap- but life is short, and getting shorter everyday!  So if you can swing it- try these upscale Celebrity and Royal Caribbean suites- IMO the perks are great for both lines when you book a suite-

However do what you can considering your budget!  Cruising is great.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We experienced a Sky Suite for the first time last year for our 40th anniversary---our next 3 cruises are all in Sky Suites!  Luminae and Michael's Club are wonderful; and the 4 perks really make it more affordable than you think  Go for it!!!!

19 hours ago, Ravbo said:

Bob (and Terry)

Agree...but since the Royal Suite is sometimes WAY too much we "settle" for a CS...lol....and know how lucky we are to be able to do that.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:33 AM, Texed said:

I guess you better not ever book the penthouse then.  😁

Texed, we made the bad move of booking the M class PH for our first M class cruise. After experiencing that balcony we just couldn’t book anything else on M class.

However, after trying the PH on S class we were scared we wouldn’t want to go back to our usual RS but actually we reverted back nicely! There is such a decadence of space in the S PH you are tired walking from one end to the other! 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, cruisinsusin said:

Returning to give follow up - the aft S1 on Reflection was great- we loved our experience and look forward to the next Sky suite!

Thanks to all who replied to the original question!

So pleased you enjoyed, suite cruising is addictive.....

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

Texed, we made the bad move of booking the M class PH for our first M class cruise. After experiencing that balcony we just couldn’t book anything else on M class.

That balcony on the "M" class looks amazing.  It looks a lot nicer than the "S" class.  So, I can see your point.  🙂

Edited by Texed

1 hour ago, Texed said:

That balcony on the "M" class looks amazing.  It looks a lot nicer than the "S" class.  So, I can see your point.  🙂

The balcony and certain aspects of the room do make it very special for a crash out sunshine cruise. Interestingly enough, despite our love for that room, we haven’t booked an M class in a few years now. We do enjoy speciality dining and the loss of the Murano equivalents on the M class has been a disappointment.