Is the Sky Suite Experience that Much Better than Aqua?

cruisinsusin

We are currently in an A2 on deck 11 on an 11 night Reflection cruise and got a good price including 3 perks. We now have the opportunity to upgrade to an aft corner S1 with go best for ~$550 pp. We like Blu and are ok with our current location. We have not experienced a suite and are having trouble deciding whether to make the change. Would the aft corner S1 sky suites and the suite experience be worth the additional to those of you who have experienced both?

Thanks in advance

Susan

We took advantage to a similar upgrade offer a couple of cruises ago. We are hooked; our next three cruises are all Sky Suites. Luminae and Michaels Club are the main advantages. Lunch is served in Luminae on embarkation day and all Sea days. We also very much like the extra room in our cabin(especially storage) and disembarkation . You should also receive al four “ extras”

• Like 3

You get an extra perk if that is worth anything to you.  Its nice to have more space and Luminae is a step up from Blu.  The butler will spoil you!  Michael's Club on Reflection is very nice.  For 11 nights not a bad price.  For 7?  ENJOY!

Art

Since Celebrity made enhancements a few years ago the suite experience is a MAJOR upgrade over Aqua Class; that is an outstanding price - I would immediately pull the trigger. Only downside is it is difficult going back to non-suites after enjoying the suite life.

• Like 5

I haven't even tried a sky suite yet and i would jump at the upgrade at that price! We were in aqua on Reflection just a couple of weeks ago. We determined we would not pay more than $150 per person above a 1A balcony for aqua again. Blu was usually very good and service was outstanding, but just not worth a lot more for us. 

We don't find Michaels Club to be much of a plus.  The lack of windows or outside space makes it a  dark uninviting space on S Class ships.   We enjoy Luminae better on the M Class ships were we can also order off the Blu menu.  We do enjoy the extra space in the Suite, the priority tendering and butler.

I'd say this.....the aft cabins are loved by many, and the aft corner super special...we have sailed them a few times and find that at least for the SS on the S Class that they are roomier and some do come with poles. We much prefer the CS on the S Class of ships to the corner afts.

We.... let me restate that.... *I, me*.... feel the vibrations in the aft cabins a tad too much and for me its nerve wracking and upsetting, so we don't sail them any longer. 

Do not want to be Debbie Downer...so sorry....

Edited by MizDemeanor

25 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

Does a sky suite have a bathtub? Its an S2 if that matters on Silhouette.

Wifey is curious.

Sky Suites on S-Class ships have shower/bathtub combos; exception is the accessible Sky Suites (which have a roll in shower, but no tub). 

• Thanks 1

Susan, I forgot the part about your Suite being a corner suite SS1.

My DW and I have cruises in the S1 corner suites many times and we loved it every time. We never noticed much vibration, so it might depend on your deck.  We prefer the deck 12 location, because we like the shade of the overhang.

The Royal Suites is even better, but that is a totally different product with many extra benefits.  (At a significant increase in cost) Your corner Aft suite will be great.

Enjoy.

6 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Susan, I forgot the part about your Suite being a corner suite SS1.

My DW and I have cruises in the S1 corner suites many times and we loved it every time. We never noticed much vibration, so it might depend on your deck.  We prefer the deck 12 location, because we like the shade of the overhang.

The Royal Suites is even better, but that is a totally different product with many extra benefits.  (At a significant increase in cost) Your corner Aft suite will be great.

Enjoy.

How about the noise from above on deck 12?  We have two booked, Equinox and Silhouette.  Thanks, Katie

Edited by Oville

As already said it’s very easy to get used to suites they are addictive,  I also think celebrity has the best suite perks of any line , luminae service is just great. Most suite lounges have very limited hours for free drinks, celebrity suite lounge micheals has free drinks from early morning till almost midnight. Only negative is sky suites are a little small compared to full suites on some other lines. 

Again, much thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply. We have been on Reflection twice before and have not noticed significant vibration aft. We are very excited to have our inaugural suite experience ! (From what everyone has said, maybe the first of many:classic_wink: )

We have upgraded from a balcony to AC once and to a Skysuite once.  

The AC upgrade was at not cost, while the Skysuite was for $800 total for a 14 day cruise.

Luminae and Blu are both good restaurants, but Luminae was the best.  

The AC cabin was about the same as a balcony, while the Skysuite was almost twice the size and had a large bathroom with double sink, tub and shower.

The butler was nice, but we really didn't need a butler.

The spa privileges at the saunas for BLU was great.

One disadvantage to dining in BLU and Luminae is that if you have friends onboard, you won't dine with them.

While we enjoyed both, the Skysuite is clearly superior to AQ.

However, after those experiences, we will never bid on an upgrade to pay more for anything above a balcony.    Also, we would never pay outright for AQ or a suite.  It just wasn't worth it to us.

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

We don't find Michaels Club to be much of a plus.  The lack of windows or outside space makes it a  dark uninviting space on S Class ships.   We enjoy Luminae better on the M Class ships were we can also order off the Blu menu.  We do enjoy the extra space in the Suite, the priority tendering and butler.

You may find that Blu menu is not available on most of the M-Class in Luminae.  Out of my last 6 trips on M-Class ships they only allowed it on one ship.  They do allow you to order off the main menu on all the ships with the exception of Edge.

OP, you will love your upgrade to an after corner S1.  We had a Deck 12 corner S1 on Reflection an 11-night Med (Turkey, Italy and Greece) cruise and it was fantastic. Large and comfortable room (probably my all-time favorite, even more so than a more recent Celebrity Suite).  Sitting on the curved balcony as we made our way through the Dardanelles is a very fond memory, as are the wonderful expansive views we got of Istanbul heading in and out.  The views from the corner really are expansive and great.  Loved the side porthole window; it made there room so light and airy seeming.  Great bathroom and great service.  Minimal to no noise from above.  People often express concern about that with respect to the after Deck 12 rooms, but we did not experience it and it was a fairly warm weather cruise, so people were using the outside Bar area above. No hallway noise being at the back of the ship, and the wake view is glorious.  We did not experience any vibrations or other back of ship issues that might cause discomfort.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1