Caribbean Princess

pamelajs

7 minutes ago, pamelajs said:

Who has cruised her lately. Have one planned but the reviews I have read have not been so hot

We have sailed her a few times the latest being in October.

I thought the ship and crew were awesome

I take reviews with a grain of salt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the CB in January it was an excellent cruise. It was our first cruise using the Ocean Medallion to me it was no big thing. The best thing I liked was getting on the ship. We just walked on showing our Medallion. Our cruise cards were given to us by our cabin steward. Our Medallions were mailed to us about a week before the cruise.

Tony

4556798E-7B13-4940-BCCA-EAD5E6B28C9A.jpeg

Cruised for 14 nights in January  on the CB , it was outstanding .  No complaints  or problems  for us. Already  booked for February  2020 CB 14 day Caribbean  Cruise . 

We were on her last summer.  I was pretty disappointed in the new world market buffet and can see why they haven't rolled it out further.  The food was pretty meh the entire week.  We had A/C issues in our room, but we took the diffuser off the ceiling and the flow was better.  That might become a norm for me.

Other than the food, it was a good cruise, and I can always find something to eat.  We will be on her again this summer.

My least fav Princess ship.  I avoid it.  Do not like FMP buffet as food is weird and often the same everyday.  Hotel staff are very good but dining room staff & MD leave a lot to be desired.  We were in full suite and no one bothered to tell us we were entitled to Club Class dining.  

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We were on her last summer.  I was pretty disappointed in the new world market buffet and can see why they haven't rolled it out further.  The food was pretty meh the entire week.  We had A/C issues in our room, but we took the diffuser off the ceiling and the flow was better.  That might become a norm for me.

Other than the food, it was a good cruise, and I can always find something to eat.  We will be on her again this summer.

We had the exact same problem with the buffet food and AC as you did. We also took our the deflector which didn't improve the air flow that much and had a miscible 14 days in the hot cabin. The selections and the way the food was presented in the  new world market buffet were terrible. 

Saying that we found the DR food to very good.

We won't book another trip on the CB anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

My least fav Princess ship.  I avoid it.  Do not like FMP buffet as food is weird and often the same everyday.  Hotel staff are very good but dining room staff & MD leave a lot to be desired.  We were in full suite and no one bothered to tell us we were entitled to Club Class dining.  

It's difficult to explain how the buffet has changed but it's not for the better and until they change back to the Horizon court food we'll be skipping the CB in the future. There are so many better Princess ships to sail on. 👍

I actually love the Fresh Market Place! I am a vegeterian and I always find something interesting to eat. I love the smoothies for breakfast! I think it's a great improvement from Horizon court, and the food is presented in a cute way.

We were on the first cruise on CB when it came out of dry dock and had the buffet area redone to the current configuration.  My only complaint about the buffet change (and I heard a lot of passengers talking about this) is that the food on the buffet was never really more than room temperature.  I didn't know if they had gotten all new buffet equipment and it was defective or if had not been re-installed correctly or what.  It was kind of strange but seemed like something they would definitely need to get fixed.  Also, toward the back of the buffet area, there was a section that just had very little food there.  It was just odd to see so much buffet area with less than a half dozen food things to pick from and the rest just empty space.  I also attributed that to the fact that it was the first cruise out of dry dock but maybe that's just how it is.  I would be curious to know from recent cruisers if those issues still exist.

Otherwise, I thought everything was typical Princess.  I thought the new interior design changes in the buffet were really nice.  It looked great in there.  We have sailed on CB 3 or 4 times.  I would not hesitate to go on her again. 

Just now, aimee0715 said:

We were on the first cruise on CB when it came out of dry dock and had the buffet area redone to the current configuration.  My only complaint about the buffet change (and I heard a lot of passengers talking about this) is that the food on the buffet was never really more than room temperature.  I didn't know if they had gotten all new buffet equipment and it was defective or if had not been re-installed correctly or what.  It was kind of strange but seemed like something they would definitely need to get fixed.  Also, toward the back of the buffet area, there was a section that just had very little food there.  It was just odd to see so much buffet area with less than a half dozen food things to pick from and the rest just empty space.  I also attributed that to the fact that it was the first cruise out of dry dock but maybe that's just how it is.  I would be curious to know from recent cruisers if those issues still exist.

Otherwise, I thought everything was typical Princess.  I thought the new interior design changes in the buffet were really nice.  It looked great in there.  We have sailed on CB 3 or 4 times.  I would not hesitate to go on her again. 

The food is actually hot, maybe there was something defective at that time, but there is no problem of such nature now. As for the buffet area at the back, that is the omelette station, the Mongolian buffet and it is a nice seating area when the rest of the Market Place is busy.

33 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

Yes, the conditions still exist as of last Dec.  

We've sailed the CB before but non of the current problems were there until the dry dock.

Fooled me once, not again. 

13 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

We were on the CB in January it was an excellent cruise. It was our first cruise using the Ocean Medallion to me it was no big thing. The best thing I liked was getting on the ship. We just walked on showing our Medallion. Our cruise cards were given to us by our cabin steward. Our Medallions were mailed to us about a week before the cruise.

Tony

4556798E-7B13-4940-BCCA-EAD5E6B28C9A.jpeg

Forgive my ignorance, I thought the Medallion took the place of the cruise card?

We spent 28 days on the Caribbean Princess in a full suite this last January and February.  I would recommend it to anyone with the only warning being do not book an amidships cabin on the starboard side of Riviera deck. Below the area from the Coffee and Cones venue to the Salty Dog grill. The chairs on the Lido deck above these cabins are made of heavy steel and as people scoot them around on the steel deck, it makes a horrible loud noise on the balconies below.

My guess is that some Princess designer felt that type of chair was the appropriate décor for the ice cream venue.  I urge Princess to find that designer and force him or her to spend a month on one of the affected balconies.

We sailed last January/February on a b2b. No problem with the food in any dining area. Enjoyed the cruise. Ship was well run. Menu changes to the pizza and grill were nice. Only issue is the theater. Arrive early for mid evening shows.

8 hours ago, spyro1952 said:

There has always been a letter in our suite the first day telling us we were entitled to Club Class dinning.  If you were signed up for traditional rather than anytime dinning, you would not be offered Club Class dining as it is strictly anytime.  The dining room staff in Club Class, Mark and Sonja,  were excellent when we were aboard Jan 26 - Feb 23, 2019.

Club class dining is a perk for a select set of minisuites in the mid section of deck 9 and all suites.  It is a section of the MDR on deck 6 mid set aside for their use and pax enter in the starboard side door rather than the traditional port side door.  It is open seating and they promise little or no wait.  Most tables are 2 tops.  There is one additional entree offered each night to club class pax plus the maitre'd always prepares something special in the area.  There are other perks but if you are elite they are already available.   The waiters quickly remember your name and what you like to eat etc.  All this for $$$ of course. 

16 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Excuse me for asking, but what is Club Class dining? 

Additionally..........

A select number of midship mini suites have this added Club Class perk which is usually a substantial $$ add on to regular prices.

Suites come with Club Class included. 

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Excuse me for asking, but what is Club Class dining? 

It's a section of the MDR (on Caribbean Priness - Coral Dining Room) for those with Full Suites and Club Class Mini Suites) to have meals ... breakfast & dinner everyday and lunch on embarkation day &  Sea Days.  

Excellent service and an additional dinner option or something special.  Arrive whenever you wish (within dining hours)  with no wait to be seated.  

We've done this on ours and very much enjoyed it.  :classic_cool:

• Like 1

We got off of the Caribbean Princess March 9 and had a fantastic cruise.  We are elite and this was one of our favorite cruises ever.  Everywhere we went, crew was friendly and smiling and Cruise director Matt is truly one of the best we have ever seen.  We had no problems at all with a/c in the cabin and no complaints about the ship.  Would sail her again in a heartbeat!  The Medallion net was very impressive and we enjoyed the ease of the medallion - again we had no problems.  

• Like 1