Caribbean Princess

pamelajs

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Additionally..........

A select number of midship mini suites have this added Club Class perk which is usually a substantial $$ add on to regular prices.

Suites come with Club Class included. 

Actually, we've always had to pay more for mid-ship mini suites (now Club Class) so there was no "sticker shock" to us.  :classic_wink: 

• Like 2

We were on the 14 day CB sailing in November and we had the OM as well as a cruise card.  The OM opened the room, used to purchase things onboard and when leaving and returning to the ship.  They had not yet turned on the ordering from your seat/table yet.  I really liked what the OM would provide particularly unlocking the cabin when I approached and the ease to leave and return to the ship instead of using the cruise card which one still could do.  

We liked the WFM layout as it was not nearly as crowded as the older concept and did like the choices but only ate there at lunch.  We did Steamers for lunch as they had a mongolian grill several times.  We did Steamers one night ($12) and found the seafood to be good and we love seafood.  One can order from Steamers at night and your companion can order from Planks.  Anyone who complains the food served at buffets is not hot enough needs to realize the food is set out and usually sets there for some time cooling. 

We had a cabin just beyond the aft elevator bank and had no problems with the cabin.  We have been in that cabin on prior CB cruises.  We had 2nd TD seating in the aft dining room and had  great waiters per usual.  The internet access was fantastic such that I only used my elite minutes and did not have to buy additional time.  I was measuring over 100 mbps up and down similar to what I have at home.  

We liked the cruise on the CB enough that we are scheduled again on the CB next year.  

12 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

There has always been a letter in our suite the first day telling us we were entitled to Club Class dinning.  If you were signed up for traditional rather than anytime dinning, you would not be offered Club Class dining as it is strictly anytime.  The dining room staff in Club Class, Mark and Sonja,  were excellent when we were aboard Jan 26 - Feb 23, 2019.

No not true, full suites pax are offered club class regardless.  There was no letter, we asked numerous MDR staff and no one knew anything about it, spoke to MD who mumbled something about club class that neither myself or partner could understand, spoke to Captain Circle person who didn’t know anything about it.

Finally spoke with customer service manager on board who confirmed we were supposed to get letter etc but by that time cruise was almost over.  This experience plus the terrible buffet completely turned us off on this ship 

Cruised CB last month.  Smooth sailing, great crew, great food; to include the buffett; yes I had a sit down with the executive chef in buffet one day;.  and they are doing a good job up there.  Entertainment was fine, ship was in great shape.  Have no negatives to report.

• Like 2

If limited food selections at the buffet served in cardboard containers, hot dogs in soggy buns (already with their toppings) & cold pre-made vegetarian sandwiches in the buffet line along with cold desserts that should be server warm as good food, then yes you'll be happy. 

Stick with the DR & the food was much better.

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

Oh, Good Grief!  :classic_rolleyes:

Much, much, much more was offered at the buffet on CB than descriped above!  

Agree 100% - there was always something to find at the buffet and we never once saw a  hot dog in a soggy bun with all the toppings! Lots of choices!

• Like 2

Maybe people who don’t like buffet choices can stick to mdr only. Please stop tainitng peoples impression of the buffett. Majority of people on this thread like the food there.  

• Like 3

On 3/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, floridalover5623 said:

We had the exact same problem with the buffet food and AC as you did. We also took our the deflector which didn't improve the air flow that much and had a miscible 14 days in the hot cabin. The selections and the way the food was presented in the  new world market buffet were terrible. 

Saying that we found the DR food to very good.

We won't book another trip on the CB anytime soon. 

It's difficult to explain how the buffet has changed but it's not for the better and until they change back to the Horizon court food we'll be skipping the CB in the future. There are so many better Princess ships to sail on. 👍

We just came off the Crown Princess - sister ship of the Caribbean.   We had AC problems this time on the Crown.  Even though our thermostat was at its lowest, the cabin never got cool.  Six times they came and said it was fixed.  Not so.  Then the sixth time they said 71 is the Princess standard across the board for all ships. They kept saying SORRY to us. Needless to say we were warm for our 10 day cruise in the Caribbean.  I did email Customer Relations and all they could say this is the way it is on ALL Princess ships.

We have a cruise reserved in Nov. 2019 on the Caribbean Princes for 14 days in the Caribbean.  We may cancel.  Don't want to run into this AC problem again.

And not sure about the food on on Caribbean Princess.  If it is any thing like the Crown, we will most likely be disappointed.

Do not give up hope. Caribbean is going to dry Dock to fix propeller and that may give it more power to run the ac.  I am not an expert by any means. Just saying don’t cancel yet.  I was on CB in feb and had good air in cabin.  Most nights had to wear socks to bed.  Food was great. 

Edited by AF-1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 3:07 PM, ckrcjr said:

Agree 100% - there was always something to find at the buffet and we never once saw a  hot dog in a soggy bun with all the toppings! Lots of choices!

Take my word for it, they were there many afternoons. I'll post a picture when I get time

2 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

We just came off the Crown Princess - sister ship of the Caribbean.   We had AC problems this time on the Crown.  Even though our thermostat was at its lowest, the cabin never got cool.  Six times they came and said it was fixed.  Not so.  Then the sixth time they said 71 is the Princess standard across the board for all ships. They kept saying SORRY to us. Needless to say we were warm for our 10 day cruise in the Caribbean.  I did email Customer Relations and all they could say this is the way it is on ALL Princess ships.

We have a cruise reserved in Nov. 2019 on the Caribbean Princes for 14 days in the Caribbean.  We may cancel.  Don't want to run into this AC problem again.

And not sure about the food on on Caribbean Princess.  If it is any thing like the Crown, we will most likely be disappointed.

What cabin & deck were you on? From what I've read on the CB the problem seems to be just certain sections on some decks.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, AF-1 said:

Maybe people who don’t like buffet choices can stick to mdr only. Please stop tainitng peoples impression of the buffett. Majority of people on this thread like the food there.  

No everyone's taste is like yours. 

3 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

A/C flow in a single cabin or section of the Crown does not translate to a fleet wide issues. We had no issues, just off the Emerald, and no issues when we were on the Caribbean in January/February 2018. 

9 minutes ago, skynight said:

A/C flow in a single cabin or section of the Crown does not translate to a fleet wide issues. We had no issues, just off the Emerald, and no issues when we were on the Caribbean in January/February 2018. 

I did email Customer Relations and all they could say this is the way it is on ALL Princess ships.  Also got a call a few days later and they did say this was fleet wide!  71 is not cool.  

1 hour ago, CarolRoy said:

I did email Customer Relations and all they could say this is the way it is on ALL Princess ships.  Also got a call a few days later and they did say this was fleet wide!  71 is not cool.  

I was on the Crown last December (and twice in prior years) and had no problem with my cabins getting comfortably cool -- definitely below 71 (all three were far aft balconies, one Aloha and 2 Caribe).  Perhaps you were not closing your drapes in the daytime?  If the sun is streaming in, the cabin is going to get hot.  

4 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

We just came off the Crown Princess.   We had AC problems this time on the Crown.  Even though our thermostat was at its lowest, the cabin never got cool.  Six times they came and said it was fixed.  Not so.  Then the sixth time they said 71 is the Princess standard across the board for all ships. They kept saying SORRY to us. Needless to say we were warm for our 10 day cruise in the Caribbean.  I did email Customer Relations and all they could say this is the way it is on ALL Princess ships.

Gosh, I  find 71 in our cabin a bit chilly. Just one notch below normal on the thermostats works best for us ... and have had no problems keeping cool in our cabins on Princess ships including Caribbean Princess in January.

NOTE:  When you have a mini-suite, there are TWO thermostats so you will need to set BOTH.  :classic_wink:

3 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

I was on the Crown last December (and twice in prior years) and had no problem with my cabins getting comfortably cool -- definitely below 71 (all three were far aft balconies, one Aloha and 2 Caribe).  Perhaps you were not closing your drapes in the daytime?  If the sun is streaming in, the cabin is going to get hot.  

Drapes were always closed.  We have been on over 45 cruises and know about closing the drapes.  

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 8:00 AM, floridalover5623 said:

Lets hope their new buffet food setup doesn't spread to the other ships & ruin the whole Princess fleet, especially the Royal class ships.

The Royal class ships have a totally different buffet set-up than the older ships so no reason to change it.  We've been on the Royal twice and my main complaint about the buffet was that the "hot" food was lukewarm, at best, both at lunch and dinner (don't eat hot food for breakfast so can't comment on that meal at the buffet).