Goodbye to Brazil Visas

PaulMCO

Many of us have had to endure the Brazil consulate issues.  Then E-visas made it easier.  Now no visa will make it easier.

From June 17, American, Australian, Canadian and Japanese citizens who wish to disembark in Brazil, for tourism or business, will be exempt from visas. The end of the requirement is part of a decree published by the Brazilian government on Monday, 18th. The measure intends to increase the number of visitors in the country

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ORV said:

If they really wanted to increase visitors maybe they could do something about that tax. 

2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Many of us have had to endure the Brazil consulate issues.  Then E-visas made it easier.  Now no visa will make it easier.

From June 17, American, Australian, Canadian and Japanese citizens who wish to disembark in Brazil, for tourism or business, will be exempt from visas. The end of the requirement is part of a decree published by the Brazilian government on Monday, 18th. The measure intends to increase the number of visitors in the country

Thanks Paul for letting us know! ORV, what tax are you referring to?

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Paul for letting us know! ORV, what tax are you referring to?

Brazilian VAT tax for most things purchased onboard while in their waters. I think it's 25%. That's steep. 

Just now, ORV said:

Brazilian VAT tax for most things purchased onboard while in their waters. I think it's 25%. That's steep. 

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken I think this adding a VAT tax to onboard purchases also occurs if you're on a cruise where all the ports are in EU countries. 

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken I think this adding a VAT tax to onboard purchases also occurs if you're on a cruise where all the ports are in EU countries. 

I think it is just Spain & maybe Italy  & not 25%

someone will correct me if wrong

As U.S.A citizens, we will be cruising to Brazil next November on the Viking Jupiter.

We just received our Brazil e-Visas a few days ago.

A snarky reply to Viking Ocean... and our TA,

tell others not to waste their time and money (total of over $88.00) for a tourist Visa.

https://onemileatatime.com/brazil-dropping-visa-requirements-us-citizens/

Edited by $hip$hape

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:44 AM, PaulMCO said:

Many of us have had to endure the Brazil consulate issues. 

Then E-visas made it easier.  Now no visa will make it easier.

At this late date, 5/17/2019, Viking is still stating that a Brazilian Visa is required

for our Southern Crossing on the Jupiter in November.

When I called Viking about this issue, the representative said they are still waiting for an official notice.

Edited by $hip$hape