Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

1 hour ago, jujuyu211 said:

thanks so much for the pics!!  do you think they are done with the construction for dry dock or continuing in Seattle?

I have no info but look at the zoomed in pic. There is a ton of trash bags covering that deck. It seems like they were working on the ship at least until now, probably still working on it?

45 minutes ago, ParrotheadKev said:

Well I'm counting...i figure it only 27 days until my vacation starts. We're flying in on Friday.  Can't wait....

I can’t either!!!  27 for us as well!  Hope they get all the kinks out by our cruise😁

42 days for me! (June 1st).

Im interested to hear feedback on Footloose and specifics about the VR pavilion. As a video game guy, I wonder what is actually included in there and how much it costs. I don’t really understand the ‘pod’ thing and whether I can play games there as a solo adult cruiser.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:25 PM, eroller said:

Thanks!!  Good to see you on here.  All is well in South Florida.  Cruising like crazy of course, but not on NCL at least for now.  I'm a bit turned off to them at the moment.  It happens.  Just better choices for me right now on cruise lines I feel appreciate my business a tad more.  

I think you booked the best of the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus Class ships.  BLISS would be my first choice.  Some great changes to the design including a more spacious pool deck, spa moved aft, and most of all the massive observation lounge (even one just for the Haven).  I have really enjoyed my Haven experiences so I'm sure you will too.  

I hope you're enjoying west coast living.  I lived in LA for 15 years prior to moving to Atlanta and it will always be home to me.  My youth was spent there so lots of memories and my core group of friends was formed there.    

Thanks Ernie. I will let you know how this cruise goes. I really wish Celebrity would place a ship out here full time. Hoping NCL fits the bill. 

Are we sure there are not thermal suites on the Joy? I saw somewhere that they moved the spa to where the gymnasium was so it could be a larger and then maybe the gym is now where the spa was? I know that definitely the spa and the gymnasium more moved - I read that or saw that on a video

18 minutes ago, Rassilon said:

Where is she docked in Seattle (and how long is she here)?  We are traveling on her later in the year and was thinking of taking my kid down to see the ship while it’s around. 

She was docked at Pier 66 then she moved over Harbor Island.

Might be able to see Her from one of the ferries or an Argosy Tour boat.  Should be in port until Wednesday of early Thursday.  Needs to be in Vancouver, B.C. for a cruise to LA on Friday.

37 minutes ago, YVRBassElectric said:

Port of Vancouver has her arriving on 4/25

Maybe official disembarkation isn't until 4/26?  The Bliss Pacific Coastal next week arrives in Vancouver on May 3 but doesn't officially disembark until May 4.

7 hours ago, hallux said:

Maybe official disembarkation isn't until 4/26?  The Bliss Pacific Coastal next week arrives in Vancouver on May 3 but doesn't officially disembark until May 4.

I’m on that cruise, going to be interesting to see how many people leave May 3 instead of May 4

20 hours ago, WanderlustJourney said:

So excited! I'll be on the inaugural from Vancouver to Los Angeles this coming Friday as well! 

Looking forward to seeing all the changes and experiencing the ship 🙂

Post lots of pics! 😃

• Like 1

5 hours ago, donovanrs28 said:

Employee Tasting of Q:

57162542_10219548172081918_6149307159621402624_n.jpg

That is probably the most unappealing dish I've seen on a cruise. Hopefully it will look more appetizing on the cruise, although Q pictures from the Bliss weren't much better.