Live from Celebrity Summit 3/30/19 - Royal Suite

Lisamn

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Maybe it's a design element.  Are the books ones you brought with you or are they props?

We brought the books. Seemed like a great place for them. Also have done a bit of rearranging. The plant was way safer on this shelf than the little foot stool coffee table thing. 

Thanks for posting that list...very  interesting departure groups.

I did not see  any Aquaclass waiting area,.,..only Concierge was  listed with a wating area...unless they expect AQ  guests would wait in BLU????   I wonder if AQ class no longer gets any  priority for departure?? 

On our EDGE cruise, they never asked us  about our departure plans

and gave everyone in AQ class on Deck 9 one of the last group tags.  We had to go down to Guest Rel to  change  them for something more convenient with our travel plans. We decided to wait in the theater  rather than the E + area  as we  wanted to  wait on the same level as the gangway.  Worked out well.

Our Summit cruise will be RT Bayonne,  so the dynamics there may be much different.. possibly  more walk off passengers! We  have done walk off for many yrs but it has become a Zoo!

One more heads up... the monogrammed bath robes are ours to keep. We saved space in the suitcase anticipating them, but had a bit of a moment at the airport. The (wonderful) robes weigh 3 pounds each. So, leave a little space when packing if you want to bring them home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lisamn said:

One more heads up... the monogrammed bath robes are ours to keep. We saved space in the suitcase anticipating them, but had a bit of a moment at the airport. The (wonderful) robes weigh 3 pounds each. So, leave a little space when packing if you want to bring them home.

I wish they would give the option to passengers who don't want them of either getting a credit for their value, or at least substituting something else.

We really don't want them, so monogramming them for us would be a total waste.  Maybe we can just let them know we don't want them up front so they won't bother to monogram them for us and other people can use them.

We would not bring them home as we already have many more robes than we will ever need.

It looks like they have moved those old bulky, heavy white robes that used to be in the suites down to lower level cabins.  At least the new suite robes look like they would be a lot more comfortable and lighter weight.

• 5 months later...

Really enjoyed reading all of your information!  Thank you for posting.  Now that 6 months have gone by, I was wondering if anyone traveling more recently in a Summit Royal Suite have any updates, specifically regarding the power outlets and the need for adapters.  We were in a Sky Suite on the Millie post revolution, and it had wonderful bedside lamps with a built in A/C outlet and 2 USB outlets.  Also, wondered if there is a lamp on a table next to the sofa bed in the living room.  I only see the lamps mounted above the sofa bed on the wall.  I am hopeful that feedback from others has perhaps persuaded "X" to make this better for charging and CPAP users. 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We really enjoy the Summit and typically sail in a sky or celebrity suite.  Does the Royal suite have a bath and a half as it does on the S class ships?

Enjoy your cruise-

No, unfortunately it does not have the half bath.  But, the balcony is far better than the S class!  Enjoy!

Edited by Zigster

54 minutes ago, Zigster said:

No, unfortunately it does not have the half bath.  But, the balcony is far better than the S class!  Enjoy!

IMO 1/2 bath so much more valuable.  We had a whirlpool on the Equinox and adequate lounging area on the Equinox on the balcony.   The master bath was also extremely big.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 4/4/2019 at 4:43 PM, hotelmom said:

How are the crowds in Luminae? We are currently on the Reflection, and since the number of suites were basically doubled during refurb, lines at Luminae are ridiculous. They don’t have enough capacity in either the dining room or galley to accommodate all the Suite passengers.

That was actually hoe the Reflection was built

4 hours ago, Zigster said:

The bathroom had two sinks, which is very helpful. And when we were at sea, some people in my cabin were willing to use the whirlpool tub on the balcony for a bath. So, the Royal Suite sort of had some of the benefits of an extra bathroom.

• 4 months later...

Great post.  Thank you so much!  We are cruising on Summit later this month (in a RS).  I was wondering if there was an iPod player for music?  We had one in our Signature Suite last year on the Reflection, so I thought I'd ask.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, willb125 said:

Great post.  Thank you so much!  We are cruising on Summit later this month (in a RS).  I was wondering if there was an iPod player for music?  We had one in our Signature Suite last year on the Reflection, so I thought I'd ask.  Thanks!

There was not an iPod type player in the RS last year. There were several ports on the TV though, and we hooked into those. I can’t remember if they supplied the cable or if we brought one. 

happy sailing!

Can I ask a general question about sailitin a Royal Suite please - we’re treating ourselves on Silhouette in May to an RS which we’ve never sailed in before and wondered how the unlimited speciality dining works? Do you need to pre book or just turn up??  Also when do you get to choose what bottles of spirits you want in your suite please??  Clearly important issues for us....🤣🤣. Thanks very much for any assistance you can give xx

We made reservations for a couple nights at the specialty dining. I'm guessing that if you just showed up, they would have seated you as there was space available. I think the food in Luminae was just as good as the specialty dining. I just liked having a little variety. The on-shore concierge called a few weeks before our sailing to ask a few of our preferences such as the types of drinks we wanted in our room fridge and our two bottles of spirits. They also helped to get a shore excursion booked that we were told was full.