Sapphire to replace Golden

13 hours ago, icat2000 said:

🤣Well both of us are still working, but plan is for Pete to retire when he gets to 55 and I still salve away at work but we do longer cruises. 

Is that really you in that pic Sarah?   You have never aged in your 8 years on CC.😂

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, cheznandy said:

I am but Andy isn't🙄  

One day.  I 'exited the building' just like Elvis @ 55.  So been retired 15 yrs.

Edited by NSWP

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Is that really you in that pic Sarah?   You have never aged in your 8 years on CC.😂

Yeah. I have aged. I think this picture is about 5 years old now haha.  I have updated profile picture to more recent one (taken about 5 months ago). 

Edited by icat2000

Now me I plan to retire at about 90, reckon if dad can still work in a physical job (only a couple of days a week) till 89, and then only quit because a new bloke took over and tried to tell him how to do his job, I should be able to keep going for a fair while yet. Plus to be frank I’m bored enough only working part time, guess I’m lucky that I can work a couple of days a week and still make enough for the odd cruise and to buy Maxy some chicken

36 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Now me I plan to retire at about 90, reckon if dad can still work in a physical job (only a couple of days a week) till 89, and then only quit because a new bloke took over and tried to tell him how to do his job, I should be able to keep going for a fair while yet. Plus to be frank I’m bored enough only working part time, guess I’m lucky that I can work a couple of days a week and still make enough for the odd cruise and to buy Maxy some chicken

You spoil that dog.

38 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You spoil that dog.

Mrs Gut asked someone had they heard about max, the reply came directly “Work all day to settle a case, but you can’t get his signature on the terms till he has told you about Maxy, and you ask have I heard about him”. 

Tell people all all the time I only work to buy chicken for max and because Mrs Gut has cruise I need to pay for.

Edited by GUT2407

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs Gut asked someone had they heard about max, the reply came directly “Work all day to settle a case, but you can’t get his signature on the terms till he has told you about Maxy, and you ask have I heard about him”. 

Tell people all all the time I only work to buy chicken for max and because Mrs Gut has cruise I need to pay for.

Fair enough the latter but surely the dog can eat kibble.

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Fair enough the latter but surely the dog can eat kibble.

Sacrilege, Maxy doesn’t eat kibble (unless the bag has a schnauzer on it) and says he isn’t a dog.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

So young Maxy likes KFC, hot & spicy perhaps ?  Our GrandDog Labrador, eats Aldi dog food $1 a can with a few dog biscuits thrown in.  4 legged eating machines they are.

Edited by NSWP

58 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So young Maxy likes KFC, hot & spicy perhaps ?  Our GrandDog Labrador, eats Aldi dog food $1 a can with a few dog biscuits thrown in.  4 legged eating machines they are.

what goes in comes out again and is a much different proposition.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

He isn’t keen on Spivey stuff, when he was a pup the local butcher had chicken breast on at 4.99 a kg for weeks on end and Max got used to it, he’s also partial to leg of lamb, I have no idea why people say he is spoiled. But a kg of chicken last’s him a couple of weeks, a benefit of owning a small dog.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

yeah well, like I said, you spoil him.

And he deserves it, if I have a fall he won’t leave my side till Mrs G is home and in the house, then he leads her to wherever I am.

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

He isn’t keen on Spivey stuff, when he was a pup the local butcher had chicken breast on at 4.99 a kg for weeks on end and Max got used to it, he’s also partial to leg of lamb, I have no idea why people say he is spoiled. But a kg of chicken last’s him a couple of weeks, a benefit of owning a small dog.

LOL, I don't mind a leg of lamb myself.

Only problem for me with the Sapphire Princess, there seem to be very few Handicapped Accessible cabins. Not sure how I'll go on the Ruby Princess-3-night round-trip out of Sydney in February 2020 in a Handicapped Accessible Interior. I shall find out! Will take over-the-counter generic equivalent of a trusted medication to be safe.

Please don't be TOO cross, I've also booked a 4-night Sydney-Moreton Island-Sydney on Carnival Splendour! I know I won't be going ashore-poor balance and terrified of falling and breaking a bone so possibly losing my independence! Yes, I'm a coward, but I want to KEEP my independence as long as possible. Splendour has a Thalassotherapy pool with a decent handrail, so access should be ok for me. Yes I will make sure to wear a rash vest to protect from sunburn! Promise!

6 hours ago, crochetcruise said:

Only problem for me with the Sapphire Princess, there seem to be very few Handicapped Accessible cabins. Not sure how I'll go on the Ruby Princess-3-night round-trip out of Sydney in February 2020 in a Handicapped Accessible Interior. I shall find out! Will take over-the-counter generic equivalent of a trusted medication to be safe.

Please don't be TOO cross, I've also booked a 4-night Sydney-Moreton Island-Sydney on Carnival Splendour! I know I won't be going ashore-poor balance and terrified of falling and breaking a bone so possibly losing my independence! Yes, I'm a coward, but I want to KEEP my independence as long as possible. Splendour has a Thalassotherapy pool with a decent handrail, so access should be ok for me. Yes I will make sure to wear a rash vest to protect from sunburn! Promise!

I don’t think any ship has enough accessible cabins, I’m booked on Serenade if the Seas 2021, it was released on Tuesday, there are NO accessible balconies available as at yesterday.

we are doing back to back, Tuesday morning (about 9:05) there was only one accessible balcony available for both legs.

7 hours ago, crochetcruise said:

* Carnival Splendor

Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes a cruise is just about checking out the ship.

A 4 night is perfect for this.

crochetcruise, we are also on the Ruby Princess 3 nighter in February, we are going to spend the night in Sydney after it then hop onboard the Majestic for 4 nights around to Melbourne including Hobart, a perfect Saturday to Sunday week away.

The Majestic Sydney to Melbourne in February looks to be sold out, but as I recall you are from Melbourne? that would have been a good option for you too after the Ruby Princess, to disembark in Melbourne.

We are on the Splendor repositioning from Singapore in November, so if there is anything you need to know to make your planning easier I am happy to find out onboard. 

Edited by cheznandy

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

crochetcruise, we are also on the Ruby Princess 3 nighter in February, we are going to spend the night in Sydney after it then hop onboard the Majestic for 4 nights around to Melbourne including Hobart, a perfect Saturday to Sunday week away.

The Majestic Sydney to Melbourne in February looks to be sold out, but as I recall you are from Melbourne? that would have been a good option for you too after the Ruby Princess, to disembark in Melbourne.

We are on the Splendor repositioning from Singapore in November, so if there is anything you need to know to make your planning easier I am happy to find out onboard. 

That makes a very nice week.