Currently on Summit Suite Class 6146 - 1st Impression

Want2Cruise 701

Thank you for your review.  I have 6146 booked for May.  I"m hoping by then they will have resolved the desk chair/balcony furniture issues.  Is there still the overhead covering on the balcony?  It seems that currently there is none on the Millenium.  There was some discussion however as to whether or not there was a covering before dry dock.  

22 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Cabin 6146. Love the overall color scheme and bath BUT......

The balcony furniture is horrid. Just one small cafeteria style table with 2 wooden hard classroom chairs. A cushioned bench. We received 2 lounge chairs after complaining several times. Flipped the bench width wise on the balcony and moved it to the other side so you could have the table in front of it with the two chairs we won’t sit in.  We are trying to get a new table and the mesh style chairs that the other cabins have. I’ve seen them in Aqua and FV. 

The full size size couch didn’t come in so there is just an oversized chair that pulls out to a bed. No coffee table. I was told they want you to utilize the ship not cabin. When I asked where you have breakfast room service or the afternoon snacks. I was told no more afternoon snacks. They want you to utilize the Retreat Lounge that has snacks and bites out all day. We told the butler that we want the snacks in the cabin at 4. We’ll see if they come today. 

The desk isnt that great. No side drawers and just 2 draws underneath that aren’t even deep enough to hold my makeup mirror in. In fact I actually went out and bought the battery operated light up makeup mirror that used to come in the SS in that drawer. The hair dryer is in the closet in a shelf since it doesn’t fit in the drawer. And, that chair is awful, plastic and hard. It doesn’t fit under the desk. To just check yourself in the mirror before you run out or for whatever you have to push the chair out because you can’t lean over the desk because the chair sticks out. 

This is my cabin on the April 13th sailing......I hope they leave in place the balcony loungers you requested....I will want those as well as the mesh style chairs and new table if they bring them.  Thanks for requesting them.  I feel like you are doing all the work for me!    

And no make up mirror?  Did I read that correctly?  If they want to get rid of something it should be the scales in the bathrooms, or maybe they did.

I'm still liking the visual changes but the color "pop" Hoppen put in the SS suites looks like the color rust.  Not crazy about that, but it's not going to ruin my cruise.

22 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

The full size size couch didn’t come in so there is just an oversized chair that pulls out to a bed. No coffee table. I was told they want you to utilize the ship not cabin.

Hoping that couch arrives.....I tend to take late afternoon naps on it and the comment about "utilizing the ship not the cabin" irritates me.  My money, my vacation and if I want to hibernate in my cabin the entire time that's what I'll do. 

• Like 4

On 3/31/2019 at 4:20 PM, Iamthesea said:

Cabin 6146. - Is this still the cabin that connects to the Penthouse, or did the stateroom numbers change during the refit?

On 3/31/2019 at 4:20 PM, Iamthesea said:

Cabin 6146. - Is this still the cabin that connects to the Penthouse, or did the stateroom numbers change during the refit?

Yes it is. Starboard side. 

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did your butler come through with the snacks at 4?

Yes. He followed through with our request of shrimp cocktail and cheese and crackers. Unfortunately they came earlier than 4, and our son ate it all by the time we came back.  Just ask. 

6 hours ago, patchit said:

Hoping that couch arrives.....I tend to take late afternoon naps on it and the comment about "utilizing the ship not the cabin" irritates me.  My money, my vacation and if I want to hibernate in my cabin the entire time that's what I'll do. 

Can’t agree more. Hope the couches arrive for the next passengers. 

6 hours ago, patchit said:

This is my cabin on the April 13th sailing......I hope they leave in place the balcony loungers you requested....I will want those as well as the mesh style chairs and new table if they bring them.  Thanks for requesting them.  I feel like you are doing all the work for me!    

And no make up mirror?  Did I read that correctly?  If they want to get rid of something it should be the scales in the bathrooms, or maybe they did.

I'm still liking the visual changes but the color "pop" Hoppen put in the SS suites looks like the color rust.  Not crazy about that, but it's not going to ruin my cruise.

If they keep it, you will have 2 loungers, 2 mesh reclining chairs and a suede ish chair that tucks under the desk.   Trying my best. That’s what they’ve changed so far. No makeup mirror and no scale. 

I also forgot to post that the bedside lamps or lack thereof are abysmal. They are this cheap, flimsy plastic thing that lights up from underneath. Working on that. The ocean view cabins even have lamps. 

7 hours ago, Eicruise said:

Thank you for your review.  I have 6146 booked for May.  I"m hoping by then they will have resolved the desk chair/balcony furniture issues.  Is there still the overhead covering on the balcony?  It seems that currently there is none on the Millenium.  There was some discussion however as to whether or not there was a covering before dry dock.  

Yes. They replaced the desk chair with a suedeish luminae type chair that tucks under now. There are 2 lounge chairs and 2 mesh reclining chairs on the balcony. Awful table still remains though. The overhang is there. 

27 minutes ago, ScubaDo said:

Is your butler delivering afternoon snacks? That was one of the little touches I enjoyed, but our butler has been pretty scarce on this cruise.

Read above, she answered.  You have to request.

I'm taking note for our upcoming cruise: replace desk chair, replace wooden balcony chairs for mesh reclining chairs and ridiculous bed lamps. It seems like the SS got the worst of all 3 items after looking at photos of CC, AC and Veranda cabins. Those cabins have armless desk chairs, mesh balcony chairs and normal bed lamps. Makes one wonder if the SS was an afterthought.

Impressions of the sunset bar and ocean view cafe. 

After a great day in Dominica with bumping tours to Middleham Falls, we decided to grab something to eat and have a drink. 

I hate to always sound like a downer but I'm not impressed with either function wise. The sunset bar is not inviting anymore. We used to spend many cruises out there. Not now. We hardly use it. No shade, chairs are very uncomfortable and those bacon strips of wood that someone referred to them as are just odd. They look weird there. The pillow on the chair is just too much for your back and you can't remove it because the chair is too hard. 

The ocean view pizza and pasta were good but not great. It's ship buffet food so I don't expect much to begin with. There was more there to eat but I didn't try it. Big improvement in selections offered late afternoon compared to before. The new layout I dont like at all. People have commented liking it, but I thought you were all over the place and had to circle around the whole thing plus hit every corner to see every selection.  Selections are much better and more variety which is good. 

I sat in most all of the chairs and stools to test them out but nothing is comfortable and inviting and just makes you want to stay and sit. 

The only area that has been a standout is the retreat sundeck. They are so eager to please and very friendly. They come around with sorbet sames and wine tastings which are a full glass size. It is really nice up there. Shade would be great. That's the only thing it's missing. Good thing this cruise has been cloudy and overcast at times so I could really enjoy this. 

Elite hour has pretty much stayed the same except for the drinks in any bar excluding the dining rooms and specialties from 5-7. 

More later. Trying to post pictures but it's not letting me. That might have to wait until the cruise is over. 

• Thanks 1

You do NOT sound like a downer.  I appreciate your honest thoughts.  I am disappointed to hear about the Sunset Bar as that has always been "our day hangout".    The Rendevous Lounge is our "evening hangout".  How are the bands? 

So happy you are enjoying the retreat so much.  Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us!

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 11:09 AM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We too love the colors and layout of our room overall. The room just functioned better before. More storage space and furniture and balcony furniture was nicer even though old. Wished they would have just made a modernized replica. Hope to see you around. Cheers!

This review is what I’m afraid of. We have several cruises booked on Equinox, Solstice and Constellation and they are all after Edgification. Starting to look at other options for those. 

Cabin is just as important to us than public areas. Please send some detailed photos of the cabin and bath.

• Like 1

Currently sitting in the airport lounge waiting for our flight back. The cruise did get better when some of the issues were resolved, but we didn’t feel like we were having a vacation until almost the end. 

I think things will get better in the future like I’ve heard about the Edge, but it will take some time for all the feedback to come in.  

We we did push out our Summer Equinox sailing. We picked a 12 night that included St Vincent. Final payment is now, and I will not know of the changes to the suites until it’s almost our turn to sail. I figured I would let someone else be the voice for change this time.  We will still keep our Silhouette holiday cruise since it’s pre revolution. 

If if you’re sailing the Summit in a suite, please choose a cabin on the port side. Buddi, the Butler, is useless. He does the starboard side.  We saw him on day one and that was it. I didn’t even know who he was when someone stopped me in the hall yesterday, the last day, and mentioned that I fill out my card and to give him a good write up. DH said I think that’s our Butler. 

Just a a few observances in Luminae. No more fresh cracked pepper or fresh grated Parmesan cheese.  Another side note, I didn’t see any ladies room attendants at all. Still have the cloth towels though which is nice. 

I think if you’re a long time celebrity cruiser sailing in the meantime and especially in a suite, just go in with an open mind that things are still a work in progress, and you’ll have a good time. 

• Thanks 1

Some photos of what we were able to get the Suite Manager, Joanna to swap out for us. 3 lounge chairs, 2 reclining mesh chairs and a desk chair. This made a world of difference as we were able to nap and eat out there comfortably. 

I did did notice when leaving the ship that the sky suites still had the original balcony furniture. I don’t know if they didn’t care, or if they did, they didn’t request it to be changed out. So if you’re not happy, just ask. It took a lot of push, but they made it right. 

0D1B4ED7-FF64-46F7-B7E0-51B45786719A.jpeg

35F14AA7-145B-4A2F-847B-A89B6FF44E05.jpeg

14FB9276-0D84-41ED-A157-E5AB8678302B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Some of the little oddities of the cabin.

Bedside light.

Only 2 drawers in the wardrobe and the rest low shelves to put things on.

The drawer I put all the Kelly Hoppen stuff in.

Just in front of the wardrobe there was this odd two-tired step type thing with the bottom drawer. They could have put an extra wardrobe there. 

Toiletries on on the bottom of the shower floor. 

E40A68B3-E5D0-44CF-8B7E-78C641250A58.jpeg

106D771E-8E76-4A2E-AF89-03B6469A8303.jpeg

F2BA2F65-0E83-4ECB-BD74-A9040CFE2140.jpeg

21F0B5C3-BB12-4E99-9E62-ED61411EEA11.jpeg

871E1825-EE13-419E-BB30-0E4333EBAF3E.jpeg

0A6FB8DB-1513-4EFA-AAF7-DC2C6BF704DC.jpeg

On 4/1/2019 at 8:04 PM, shirazcruiser said:

I'm taking note for our upcoming cruise: replace desk chair, replace wooden balcony chairs for mesh reclining chairs and ridiculous bed lamps. It seems like the SS got the worst of all 3 items after looking at photos of CC, AC and Veranda cabins. Those cabins have armless desk chairs, mesh balcony chairs and normal bed lamps. Makes one wonder if the SS was an afterthought.

I think they did a much better job with the other cabins as well. Only thing I noticed on those I didn’t like was the see through wardrobes. 

We we might do the Aft C1s again on the MClass after this, but we like Luminae and the new retreat sun deck is heaven. A little more shade and perfection. They did that right. 

Thanks for a complete and honest review...the bathtub is way too high!

Otherwise...seems like a work in progress.  We cruise 2020 so lots of time for adjustments esp to the Sunset Bar area...

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for a complete and honest review...the bathtub is way too high!

Otherwise...seems like a work in progress.  We cruise 2020 so lots of time for adjustments esp to the Sunset Bar area...

By 2020, I think they will have all the kinks worked out. The biggest issue with the Sunset Bar is the shade. They probably won’t change the furniture out though. They only had a guitarist out there twice and not in the evening hours after 7 or 8 ish. I missed that. The changes in variety to the ocean view were much improved except for the layout imo.

I only used the tub once.  Looked forward to a nice warm soak after our rainforest hike in Dominica, but the temp was just lukewarm unfortunately. The water color was a very light brown color too. Only tried it that once. I never said anything on that one. 

Edited by Want2Cruise 701

No Summit for me...or any other M class ship!  I saw the photos and that was that!  Furthermore, if I want to stay in my cabin or suite, that is my choice to make...I am sorry that there were so many misses, but glad you enjoyed TheRetreat!  I am looking forward to that area...

Many thanks for your review...time will tell.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1