When does Princess mail the Medallion?

TheBeatnik

20 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Why add one more thing to one's to do list?  I can see no reason to get the medallion mailed to you at home.  You just have to remember to bring it!!!!!!!!!  Why even do this if you can just pick up at the port?  And I am sure the under 10 minutes it saves you will not be remembered in your memory bank after the cruise is over!!!  What am I missing here?  

Pooh

The Medallion adds to the excitement of your upcoming cruise well for me it does. So why not have it shipped to your home and show it off to your family and friends?? Everyone is different- while you may think is not a big deal for you it may be for others especially 1st time cruisers.

Just now, Georgie562 said:

The Medallion adds to the excitement of your upcoming cruise well for me it does. So why not have it shipped to your home and show it off to your family and friends?? Everyone is different- while you may think is not a big deal for you it may be for others especially 1st time cruisers.

Yeah, I agree.   But then, after so many cruises, and being "older", one less thing to remember as I am the one stuck with remembering everything, so that is the other side of the spectrum about it.  Again, one can choose, I just don't want anyone to worry about not doing something and not getting it and it being a bad thing is all.

Pooh

This morning (Thursday, 4/4/19) I received an email from OCEAN Notifications telling me our medallions were on the way.  It included the tracking number for the package that was delivered last Wednesday (3/27/19)!!!  🙄😏😵

Our cruise departs on 4/14/19.

On 3/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

If it is being sent to your residence usually week to a couple of weeks out.

Someone posted this only applies to people in the US. 

Not sure if that has changed.

Others will pick it up at the port during check-in.

I was informed that they should have Canada added "very soon".  We shall see...........

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 6:24 PM, lolane1 said:

I guess it will be interesting to see if I get it.  If not, no worries, I'll get one at the port.  

Well, I just got my medallion. Six days after ordering on the app. Sent via FedEx. 

Interesting though, this is my 15th cruise. The sent me a black medallion with a blue case. My friend just came off a cruise, also her 15th, and they gave her a black medallion on the ship. No perks though. Strange.......  

3 hours ago, Georgie562 said:

Placed order March 18th, cruise is on April 27 and still not shipped. Just says "In Progress"

Our Royal cruise is April 20. Got an email yesterday afternoon that they were shipped FedEx and should arrive tomorrow. I placed my order on March 20th. My Ocean Ready app still shows "In Progress" I would guess yours will be shipped next week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, debi2g said:

Our Royal cruise is April 20. Got an email yesterday afternoon that they were shipped FedEx and should arrive tomorrow. I placed my order on March 20th. My Ocean Ready app still shows "In Progress" I would guess yours will be shipped next week.

10 minutes ago, debi2g said:

seems like 'order date' may not matter much ... most have posted they got theirs around 2 weeks prior to cruise - at least in the US

also noted now posters are stating FEDEX, not DHL ...

41 minutes ago, voljeep said:

seems like 'order date' may not matter much ... most have posted they got theirs around 2 weeks prior to cruise - at least in the US

also noted now posters are stating FEDEX, not DHL ...

That's true. I spoke to a Medallion rep who told me they are shipped out in batches according to sail date. Also, my shipment is coming fron Doral, Florida. I saw previous Medallions were shipped from Singapore. 

On 4/1/2019 at 10:23 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

Why add one more thing to one's to do list?  I can see no reason to get the medallion mailed to you at home.  You just have to remember to bring it!!!!!!!!!  Why even do this if you can just pick up at the port?  And I am sure the under 10 minutes it saves you will not be remembered in your memory bank after the cruise is over!!!  What am I missing here?  

Pooh

Pooh,

I agree 100%....I am not going to worry about this as we prepare for our wonderful Baltic/TA cruise.

Julie

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 12:12 PM, TheBeatnik said:

I downloaded the app, filled everything out, and I am “Ocean Ready.” But it’s been about three weeks, and I haven’t received the medallion. Do they send it just before the cruise?

I ordered mine 3/24 and haven't received it yet. you can go on the OCEAN READY app and go to orders and it will tell you if has been shipped. I am sailing May 18th so I hope it comes soon.

2 hours ago, shrii said:

I ordered mine 3/24 and haven't received it yet. you can go on the OCEAN READY app and go to orders and it will tell you if has been shipped. I am sailing May 18th so I hope it comes soon.

They prep and mail them based on sailing date not the date you ordered. 

On 4/1/2019 at 1:23 PM, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Exactly!  We recently sailed on the Caribbean Princess, but were traveling before our embarkation so we didn’t order our medallions before the cruise.  It took less than five minutes for us to get them at the port.  We decided that we’ll do it that way again for our future cruises.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, steelers36 said:

I was informed that they should have Canada added "very soon".  We shall see...........

I hope that is true ... but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Ocean Medallions mailed to Canada would probably be stopped by customs.

I was getting excited that boarding would be a breeze if you had the medallion mailed to you ahead of time - but now it looks like I'm going to have to line up to get the medallion before I can board.  

2 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I hope that is true ... but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Ocean Medallions mailed to Canada would probably be stopped by customs.

I was getting excited that boarding would be a breeze if you had the medallion mailed to you ahead of time - but now it looks like I'm going to have to line up to get the medallion before I can board.  

I don't think so (customs stopping).  I hope that was some kind of joke.