Comparison of Deluxe Suite and Royal Suite YC

phissy

We are just home from our holiday, Meraviglia in Mediterranean.  Boarded in Barcelona after spending a week there. YC boarding was painless. We booked a Deluxe Suite 15004, forward YC suite. Would not do forward again. noise and motion were extreme. Mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Cabin itself very comfortable for 2 people. YC   was very well organized with restaurant, lounge and upper sun deck and bar/buffet. 

We had issues with our Butler, which have beed mentioned on another thread.

Having cruised other lines, especially NCL Haven, this was a good comparison. Much better overall.

2 days into our cruise, I noticed Royal Suite at end of hall was open and Asst. Butler was finishing prepping it.

. I asked if I could go in quickly and take pictures before new guests arrived.

He said , "No Problem". while taking pics, Butler for that room came by and mentioned that it would be vacant for the next 7 days. I was very surprised as these are booked months in advance.

He said I should go to concierge and inquire if it was possible to upgrade to this room for the remaining 5 days of our cruise.  Concierge had Yacht Club Director come down and meet with me. He said he would contact head office to see if it was truly open for the week. Got a call later and they offered us upgrade for $200. Of course, I said yes. 

I did not tell my husband why we were moving. Just said, we have to change cabins and gave him the new key. We all stood and watched when he opened the door and lookin in, eyes wide.

REALLY??? How did this happen?  Butlers, concierge and I were all chuckling at his great reaction.

Yes, it is a much bigger room. But, certainly, not perfect IMHO.

No table and chairs for ensuite dining or room service. still eating off coffee table.

Bathroom had tub and separate shower.  Shower itself was half the size of Deluxe Suite shower. It was strange to open your eyes in shower and see glass 4 inches from face. One sink in bath but, two sets of shelves for toiletries.

Also, no hooks for bath robes in bathroom . Not on the wall or shower door. Not on back of door like the Deluxe Suite. The asst. butler kept hanging it in the closet with our clothes.

Closet same size as other room. more drawers and shelves. Bed same size, Queen. Balcony off bedroom had open balcony (Glass bottom and open upper) Used this as it had the best views.

Forward balcony had glass covering and we did not use it. As the weather was cool to cold, we were able to used reserved cabana on sun deck only one afternoon in port. We had blankets and it was nice to read outside and be out of the wind.

Hot tub was great. We used it every night. Probably the best perk of the whole suite.

Looked up price for this cabin when ship hits US , out of New York. Looks like $14,000 per person!!    Would not do that EVER.  

Deluxe Suite in YC is just fine and has all the perks we need.

It was fun to try and glad they offered it to us for the last days of our cruise.   Someone got upgraded to our "old" cabin and I am sure they were very happy also.

Also, good to see direct response to us within the YC. 

After changing cabins, service became much more pronounced to the point of being annoying.  This should not be. Everyone should be treated the same.  

But, I got my champagne every evening , so I was happy. 

Any questions, happy to help.

Great story and description of RS.  As you have seen the RS is not the be all end all.  I am sure you enjoyed your cruise in the RS and what a great deal it was.

Just a a side note:  On the Fantasia Class ships you have the Yacht Club suites in the front corners of 12 deck...12001 and 12003.  Although they are not within the confines of the YC these suites are actually bigger than the RS And IMHO much nicer.  

5 hours ago, phissy said:

We are just home from our holiday, Meraviglia in Mediterranean.  Boarded in Barcelona after spending a week there. YC boarding was painless. We booked a Deluxe Suite 15004, forward YC suite. Would not do forward again. noise and motion were extreme. Mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Cabin itself very comfortable for 2 people. YC   was very well organized with restaurant, lounge and upper sun deck and bar/buffet. 

We had issues with our Butler, which have beed mentioned on another thread.

Having cruised other lines, especially NCL Haven, this was a good comparison. Much better overall.

2 days into our cruise, I noticed Royal Suite at end of hall was open and Asst. Butler was finishing prepping it.

. I asked if I could go in quickly and take pictures before new guests arrived.

He said , "No Problem". while taking pics, Butler for that room came by and mentioned that it would be vacant for the next 7 days. I was very surprised as these are booked months in advance.

He said I should go to concierge and inquire if it was possible to upgrade to this room for the remaining 5 days of our cruise.  Concierge had Yacht Club Director come down and meet with me. He said he would contact head office to see if it was truly open for the week. Got a call later and they offered us upgrade for $200. Of course, I said yes. 

I did not tell my husband why we were moving. Just said, we have to change cabins and gave him the new key. We all stood and watched when he opened the door and lookin in, eyes wide.

REALLY??? How did this happen?  Butlers, concierge and I were all chuckling at his great reaction.

Yes, it is a much bigger room. But, certainly, not perfect IMHO.

No table and chairs for ensuite dining or room service. still eating off coffee table.

Bathroom had tub and separate shower.  Shower itself was half the size of Deluxe Suite shower. It was strange to open your eyes in shower and see glass 4 inches from face. One sink in bath but, two sets of shelves for toiletries.

Also, no hooks for bath robes in bathroom . Not on the wall or shower door. Not on back of door like the Deluxe Suite. The asst. butler kept hanging it in the closet with our clothes.

Closet same size as other room. more drawers and shelves. Bed same size, Queen. Balcony off bedroom had open balcony (Glass bottom and open upper) Used this as it had the best views.

Forward balcony had glass covering and we did not use it. As the weather was cool to cold, we were able to used reserved cabana on sun deck only one afternoon in port. We had blankets and it was nice to read outside and be out of the wind.

Hot tub was great. We used it every night. Probably the best perk of the whole suite.

Looked up price for this cabin when ship hits US , out of New York. Looks like $14,000 per person!!    Would not do that EVER.  

Deluxe Suite in YC is just fine and has all the perks we need.

It was fun to try and glad they offered it to us for the last days of our cruise.   Someone got upgraded to our "old" cabin and I am sure they were very happy also.

Also, good to see direct response to us within the YC. 

After changing cabins, service became much more pronounced to the point of being annoying.  This should not be. Everyone should be treated the same.  

But, I got my champagne every evening , so I was happy. 

Any questions, happy to help.

I will be solo inside YC on Seaside un May.  My first MSC.  I have cruised many NCL suites in and out of Haven.  Agree that the service was escalated in the DOS in Haven over non Haven PH.  But I have no problem with that.  

Royal suite on seaside is at least twice the size of regular YC. Separate bedroom, huge bathroom, more storage than you can ever use ... incredible balcony with dining for six, hot tub, loungers etc. 

ive always had great service though in YC regardless of room category. And no we did not pay anywhere near $14,000. Probably less than half that. 

10 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

Royal suite on seaside is at least twice the size of regular YC. Separate bedroom, huge bathroom, more storage than you can ever use ... incredible balcony with dining for six, hot tub, loungers etc. 

ive always had great service though in YC regardless of room category. And no we did not pay anywhere near $14,000. Probably less than half that. 

We have one booked in Oct for $3100.pp

13 hours ago, marcoigna said:

Good day.  Was there any dining table on the balcony of the royal suite? 

This was one of the negative items for this suite. For the size of the living space, a small table with chairs would have been nice for room service dining.

I looked at the desk below the TV and thought that if they had designed a pull-out table in the center, then you could use the desk chair and second chair in room and have a dining area. Simply retract the tabletop when not in use. 

To answer your question, no dining table on the balcony. We had 3 loungers and on the balcony off the bedroom, 2 chairs and side table.

Perhaps, when in warmer climates, they will have a table and chairs. I did see it listed as a feature of the Suite on the website .

RS on Seaside had a 6 seater table on balcony 

and plenty more seating.

Also no indoor table, but we ate on balcony if we had pizza delivered or room service.

edit, there was a coffee table that could be used in living area if desired

803E3DB6-0A8C-4BBD-9A21-3ACAA4D2C53B.jpeg

3F0B244D-7F93-4D07-8D4F-95C38E82AEA4.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

30 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

RS on Seaside had a 6 seater table on balcony 

and plenty more seating.

Also no indoor table, but we ate on balcony if we had pizza delivered or room service.

edit, there was a coffee table that could be used in living area if desired

803E3DB6-0A8C-4BBD-9A21-3ACAA4D2C53B.jpeg

3F0B244D-7F93-4D07-8D4F-95C38E82AEA4.jpeg

thank you - yes we had this RS on the Seaside last year for 4 weeks - it was wonderful - but i have noticed from Videos that the Meraviglia did not have one at all on the deck,

on the Seaside, we were fortunate enough to have dinner on our balcony for 8 of us - served course-by-course - it was a great experience with MSC

i am looking to be able to do this again on the Meraviglia - and will enquire direct with MSC to see if possible to have a dining table placed on our balcony - 

• Like 1