Getting food “to go”

cebee123

Probably not quite what you're asking, but we've had leftovers (pizza from La Cucina) and dessert from various places packed to take back to our room. They usually try to give us napkins/silverware to go with it, but we always decline those since we're in a suite and already have those in the cabin.

1 hour ago, hoopslover said:

I tried to order soup to go at O Sheehans and they said no.  No take outs.  I think we were on the Jade or Dawn. 

I heard the same on the Gem.  No take away food from O'Sheehans.  The man argued for 15 - 20 minutes because he was ADAMANT to bring 2 pieces of pie to his cabin for him & his wife.  They could have sat and ate 2 pieces each in that time!   

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

At the buffet, we have taken a small plate of snacks and covered it with another plate as a topper.  Easy to carry back to our room.

That is perfectly allowed.  No problems doing that.  I have done that also.  It's just O'Sheehans.  Don't know why. 

Some have reported that at O'Sheehans, they have been seated at a table and ordered their meal and then asked if they could take it back to their room and it was boxed up for them, but if they ask at the hostess stand to order take out, they are told no.

Here's what has worked for us & others we've seen in O'Sheehans:

1) Let them seat you & then order your meal, as usual.

2) Start eating but then tell your server that you have to leave (show your cell phone & say you just got a text from someone in your family)

3)They'll put your food in a box(es) & send you on your way.

We've done this on several occasions on the Gem, Breakaway & Jade.  Downside is your meal(s) will be cold when you get back to your room.

Easy, peasy...lol

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 5:52 PM, hoopslover said:

I tried to order soup to go at O Sheehans and they said no.  No take outs.  I think we were on the Jade or Dawn. 

There was a sign on the Spirit that said taking away food was prohibited.