No Shows

Yes, taxes are still refunded.  Also refunded would be any prepaid gratuities, dining packages, excursions, etc.

No impact on the other guest that has been reported.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We just sailed with a no show (3rd person) last month. Her port fees and taxes were refunded and there were no other expenses incurred by us related to her no show.

We (ten of us) once had to sail with 3 no shows...all fees/taxes credited back to my credit card...the only thing that affected us was we were sad they weren't able to cruise this time but the extra room in our four cabins was great.

3 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Someone giving unsolicited advice on cruise insurance in.... 3....2....

We were fortunate. We booked two aft balcony cabins on Adventure. All of the aft cabins will accommodate 3 guests so RCI will no longer book only two in those cabins. When we booked, the cost of the cruise was very reasonable and the cost of the third person was only a couple hundred bucks so we added fake name guests in each cabin. When final payment came, we decided to eat the couple hundred bucks in order to keep the two aft cabins. We never cancelled the fake name guests because we didn't want RCI to move us to another cabin. When we got to the pier to check in, we told them that the fake name guests were going to be no shows. They said "that's okay, we'll check in those of you that are here. When the other two don't show up, we'll count them as no shows". We never bought travel insurance for the two fake names because we knew they wouldn't need it.

3 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We were fortunate. We booked two aft balcony cabins on Adventure. All of the aft cabins will accommodate 3 guests so RCI will no longer book only two in those cabins. When we booked, the cost of the cruise was very reasonable and the cost of the third person was only a couple hundred bucks so we added fake name guests in each cabin. When final payment came, we decided to eat the couple hundred bucks in order to keep the two aft cabins. We never cancelled the fake name guests because we didn't want RCI to move us to another cabin. When we got to the pier to check in, we told them that the fake name guests were going to be no shows. They said "that's okay, we'll check in those of you that are here. When the other two don't show up, we'll count them as no shows". We never bought travel insurance for the two fake names because we knew they wouldn't need it.

Ingenious

14 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I just had a thought. This plan could be very beneficial with the current Kids Sail Free promotion going on. It will allow someone to book a 3 berth cabin with a child as the third person. Since kids sail free, the only expense would be the port fees and taxes for the child. When the child is a no show, the port fees and taxes will be refunded. Viola!, you now have a preferred cabin at no extra cost.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Cabin mate has depression and is always a possible no show.

Wow.. Sorry to hear that.. You would think a Cruise would help depression...  Hope it all works out.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:57 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Disagree with the aft cabin statement.  Plenty of the afts are bookable with two. We've done it multiple times and have a couple booked that way now.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 7:25 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

I just had a thought. This plan could be very beneficial with the current Kids Sail Free promotion going on. It will allow someone to book a 3 berth cabin with a child as the third person. Since kids sail free, the only expense would be the port fees and taxes for the child. When the child is a no show, the port fees and taxes will be refunded. Viola!, you now have a preferred cabin at no extra cost.

Is the KSF promotion in play when new cruises are released?  Aft cabins are a little to find many months, weeks, or even days after release

On 4/3/2019 at 7:25 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Ohhhh yes!  Until they figure out a way around this, this is a smart way to book some of those preferred cabins!

On 4/2/2019 at 4:57 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Brilliant!  And always make any fake person under 21 so if you buy the drink package...

25 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Brilliant!  And always make any fake person under 21 so if you buy the drink package...

If this starts to become a more common occurrence, don't be surprised when they start to exercise the right to relocate people to different rooms at check in.

34 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

You are most welcome.  After all, if you think a cruise will fix depression then it appears you do need some things clarified....

Unless you have some sort of "M.D." in your name, it appears that you're just going off some sort of experience or TV infomercials, so please keep your clarification to yourself.  Thank you...

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:28 AM, ScottVV said:

Wow.. Sorry to hear that.. You would think a Cruise would help depression...  Hope it all works out.

and quoting myself, I said, "I would think"...  I didn't spit actual medical knowledge or even go as far as quoting the highly coveted Wikipedia page for depression...  So, as with everything CC, anything opinionated will be ridiculed if someone has an opposite opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, ScottVV said:

Unless you have some sort of "M.D." in your name, it appears that you're just going off some sort of experience or TV infomercials, so please keep your clarification to yourself.  Thank you...

and quoting myself, I said, "I would think"...  I didn't spit actual medical knowledge or even go as far as quoting the highly coveted Wikipedia page for depression...  So, as with everything CC, anything opinionated will be ridiculed if someone has an opposite opinion. 

In fact, I do have an "M.D." after my name.  So, no I'[m not going off some "sort of experience or TV infomercials".  I'm going off of my training and board certification.

And saying things like "a cruise would help depression" not only demonstrates ignorance about depression, but it is also pretty insensitive to people who suffer from it or have loved ones who do so. 

3 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

In fact, I do have an "M.D." after my name.  So, no I'[m not going off some "sort of experience or TV infomercials".  I'm going off of my training and board certification.

And saying things like "a cruise would help depression" not only demonstrates ignorance about depression, but it is also pretty insensitive to people who suffer from it or have loved ones who do so. 

Lol...  I have a P.H.D. after mine as well..  Have a nice day....

8 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Also, I don't see anything insensitive about what I said.. Saying that a nice, stress free, being out on the water cruise - something that millions of people enjoy could maybe, slightly help someone with depression isn't far fetched..  You say Tomato, I say Tamoto..  If I said, "Go get a security blankee for your depression.."  That would be pretty damn insensitive.. But I didn't.  Thank you for your time, Doc....

Edited by ScottVV

14 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

If this starts to become a more common occurrence, don't be surprised when they start to exercise the right to relocate people to different rooms at check in.

I could see that but doubt they'd ever have the capacity to go that far, since it would have various complexities.  And I don't know how they'd ever ensure people used real people when booking since often people use dummy names as a placeholder until they confirm who exactly will be travelling or until they start requiring each person to book their deposit themselves tying it to a credit card with their name on it....which would also alienate a whole slew of passengers.

Just now, ShillyShally said:

I could see that but doubt they'd ever have the capacity to go that far, since it would have various complexities.  And I don't know how they'd ever ensure people used real people when booking since often people use dummy names as a placeholder until they confirm who exactly will be travelling or until they start requiring each person to book their deposit themselves tying it to a credit card with their name on it....which would also alienate a whole slew of passengers.

SThey'll going to change the bookings.  Want to reserve a specific room?  The price is going to be jacked up significantly.  And there won't be any deals or specials tied to it.  Want to get the better rate?  Select the room you want, but final assignment won't actually happen until check in.

1 minute ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

SThey'll going to change the bookings.  Want to reserve a specific room?  The price is going to be jacked up significantly.  And there won't be any deals or specials tied to it.  Want to get the better rate?  Select the room you want, but final assignment won't actually happen until check in.

Ugh, yeah, you've got a point there - let's hope they don't read this 🙂