Suites don't get Yacht Club?

qa4ever

Hi I am new to MSC.  If I were to book a 2 bedroom grand suite, does that not get access to the Yacht club?

Seems the Yacht club rooms are smaller???  Usually prefer a bigger room with suite experience.

1 minute ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

No YC access unless booked into a YC stateroom.  True, the rooms are smaller than the 2 bdrm but the perks off set that by miles.

Yeah but if travelling as a family of 4, that sure would be a tiny room for a week with 4 people... and only one washroom.

There are YC2 suites on Fantasia-class ships (Fantasia, Splendida, Divina and Preziosa) on deck 12 - they are outside the enclave but they have access to all the YC facilities.  They don't have balconies as they are forward-facing, with huge windows for a fantastic view.

• Like 1

Just now, Beamafar said:

There are YC2 suites on Fantasia-class ships (Fantasia, Splendida, Divina and Preziosa) on deck 12 - they are outside the enclave but they have access to all the YC facilities.  They don't have balconies as they are forward-facing, with huge windows for a fantastic view.

Are these more than 1 bedrm and bath? 

I've been told by ship staff that the original intention of the YC insides was as an extra separate bedroom/bath for children of parents staying in a deluxe suite.  My response was if that was the intention they should have figured a way to make them adjoining cabins.  But after thinking about it with younger kids it's usually not much of a problem to have them in the same cabin, and with older kids it's not too big a deal to have them in a nearby separate cabin.  I think many people weren't willing to fork out the extra cost of a YC inside for their kids.   The staff told me MSC were initially surprised by how quickly adults booked up the inexpensive YC insides, so now we're left with significantly higher YC inside prices usually being sold to adults.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

Or, get a balcony room and an inside cabin across the hall.

The OP didn't say which ship they're looking at, so insides may not be an option, John.

Edited by Beamafar

The YC balcony cabins are pretty spacious IMO...We cruised with our 8 year old grandson last year and had plenty of room. He slept on the pullout sleeper couch which is seperated from main bed by a open shelve type unit. Cabin staff closed up sofa during day and made up sofa bed at night. Shower is huge and bathroom very roomy. If your children are younger....this is very doable and comfortable....plus you have the balcony. 

1 hour ago, lcpagejr said:

The YC balcony cabins are pretty spacious IMO...We cruised with our 8 year old grandson last year and had plenty of room. He slept on the pullout sleeper couch which is seperated from main bed by a open shelve type unit. Cabin staff closed up sofa during day and made up sofa bed at night. Shower is huge and bathroom very roomy. If your children are younger....this is very doable and comfortable....plus you have the balcony. 

Yeah we have two teens, so it would be tight... Plus they're girls and take forever to get ready lol

8 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Beamafar said

"There are YC2 suites on Fantasia-class ships (Fantasia, Splendida, Divina and Preziosa) on deck 12 - they are outside the enclave but they have access to all the YC facilities.  They don't have balconies as they are forward-facing, with huge windows for a fantastic view."

And

"No, they don't have more than 1 bedroom but they are a lot bigger than the YC1s and would suit a family of 4 better"

8 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Yes they are, as they are 1 bedrm; 1 bath and 1 lounge /second bedrm

AS against a YC deluxe suite which 1 bedrm/lounge and 1 bath.

I think Beamafar was just quoting bedrms and not including the lounge in their answer.

Pete

floor plan

the rooms have sliding/folding doors between them

exec%20suite.jpg

Edited by Skier52

10 hours ago, qa4ever said:

Hi I am new to MSC.  If I were to book a 2 bedroom grand suite, does that not get access to the Yacht club?

Seems the Yacht club rooms are smaller???  Usually prefer a bigger room with suite experience.

No YC.

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

1 bathroom, 2 folks max, that’s my rule...I don’t see how folks do it.  Sardines come to mind.  

Sardines don't have 'bad hair days,' so they could probably share a bathroom more easily than a family of humans.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skier52 said:

Beamafar said

"There are YC2 suites on Fantasia-class ships (Fantasia, Splendida, Divina and Preziosa) on deck 12 - they are outside the enclave but they have access to all the YC facilities.  They don't have balconies as they are forward-facing, with huge windows for a fantastic view."

And

"No, they don't have more than 1 bedroom but they are a lot bigger than the YC1s and would suit a family of 4 better"

Yes they are, as they are 1 bedrm; 1 bath and 1 lounge /second bedrm

AS against a YC deluxe suite which 1 bedrm/lounge and 1 bath.

I think Beamafar was just quoting bedrms and not including the lounge in their answer.

Pete

Pete ... thank you for clarifying that.  I didn't explain it very well as I was talking off the top of my head.  I've no experience of a YC2, but thought it was a good alternative for the OP should they be considering a Fantasia-class ship.

25 minutes ago, JAGR said:

True, but could look for the option.

Yes ... it would help if people specified which ship and itinerary they have in mind so the answers can then be more specific.  I see someone else describing a Seaside YC cabin which would differ from Fantasia-class YC cabins, too.  Meraviglia YC1s are bigger than Fantasia-class, too.

Edited by Beamafar

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Sardines don't have 'bad hair days,' so they could probably share a bathroom more easily than a family of humans.  :classic_laugh:

Well said...I always tell my Bride, we're at sea, the wind is blowing...let it fly...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, qa4ever said:

For us, when we cruise with the kids. our definition of luxury is two bathrooms, two rooms, two closets, etc...in other words, space. We love each other, but we love each other more when we have room to comfortably relax after busy days in port and room to dress/shower in the mornings and evenings. 😄 Admittedly, we are new to MSC and have only sailed the Meraviglia in the Duplex Suite. The room was wonderful and the aurea experience was fine. My Choice dining worked very well for us and we were able to easily upgrade to the premium plus drinks package. We were on a spring European sailing, so crowded pools weren't an issue. I may feel differently once I've experienced MSC YC, but when sailing as a family, I wouldn't hesitate to book the duplex suite again. 😎

On 4/2/2019 at 2:59 PM, Até said:

I've been told by ship staff that the original intention of the YC insides was as an extra separate bedroom/bath for children of parents staying in a deluxe suite.  My response was if that was the intention they should have figured a way to make them adjoining cabins.  But after thinking about it with younger kids it's usually not much of a problem to have them in the same cabin, and with older kids it's not too big a deal to have them in a nearby separate cabin.  I think many people weren't willing to fork out the extra cost of a YC inside for their kids.   The staff told me MSC were initially surprised by how quickly adults booked up the inexpensive YC insides, so now we're left with significantly higher YC inside prices usually being sold to adults.

I booked an inside YC on Seaside for next month because I am travelling solo.  I would not do it if I was travelling with someone else.  

I understand the common areas are so nice in the YC I plan to be out of my room most of the time.