Canada website and cruises in C$?

ssmea03

I’m pretty sure it’s for real.  Thing is, I really don’t see anything in it of any great interest to me.  Now, I’ve never booked MSC so I don’t know whether they quote their fares in CAD.  I’m a Princess and Celebrity cruiser and the fares I see/book are in CAD all the time.

Sounds very plausible to me.  MSC would be aware of how many Canadians are booking and with so many ships being based in Miami over the coming years, they'll certainly want to build market share in Canada.  Plus, the added itineraries out of NY visiting Canada, the company profile will be heightened.

Perhaps there are a lot of complaints from Canadians, too, if they have to pay in US$ to book a cruise directly with them (if that's the case) - especially with the current exchange rates!

• Like 1

This would be great. We book many cruises over a year out and it would be nice to know what the final price is when I book without having to worry about how the CDN$ will fluctuate over that time.

• Like 1

100% true - the office will open up in Mississauga on the 1st of May - the first cruise line to open up an office in Canada - will have bilingual staff - will have most departments but a small amount of staff - 

it will have favorable Canadian $ pricing, instead of paying in US where our dollar fluctuates too much - more cruise lines can price in Canadian $ but not MSC, Until NOW - Yeh....

6 hours ago, gypsi01 said:

This would be great! I'm currently watching the dollar so close to know when to jump on making payments for the trip!

That is/was such a crazy situation.  Thankfully MSC looks like they're going to rectify it.

We in Ireland have to book thru' the UK office, but we pay in Euros, while those in the UK can pay in Sterling.  The Sterling prices are always very favourable in relation to the currency exchange rate with the Euro.  In other words, MSC doesn't 'stiff' them and there's no concerns re fluctuations - unlike what happens/happened in Canada.  (It'll be interesting to see how/if Brexit affects the current UK set-up).

That's great. Makes me wonder what happens if I already have a booking made in US dollars on the MSC USA website for April 2020. We only paid the deposit... I will have to keep a close eye on it for sure. If pricing is favorable in CAD, then cancel and rebook. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingMom77 said:

That's great. Makes me wonder what happens if I already have a booking made in US dollars on the MSC USA website for April 2020. We only paid the deposit... I will have to keep a close eye on it for sure. If pricing is favorable in CAD, then cancel and rebook. 

yes, as long as the same fare  types and promos when u booked are still available - have a cruise booked for 2020, but used the 10% promo discount they had for doing the virtual tour - so i think i would lose that, but if they price at like 25% exchange, then it would be worth to cancel and rebook  - we will know soon for sure...

In just booked for March 2020 last week. Would love to be able to switch my booking to Cad $. Who knows what the exchange will be by the time the final payment is due. Does anyone feel that having booked with an agent would complicate this vs booking direct?

• 4 weeks later...

well the new website is up and running.... quick look at prices, well my figures would put me $2200. more to switch my suite this December...2019.... will have to look further, but WOW!!! Also can't log in with my MSC user name,  😞

www.msccruises.ca

41 minutes ago, capitalbarry said:

well the new website is up and running.... quick look at prices, well my figures would put me $2200. more to switch my suite this December...2019.... will have to look further, but WOW!!! Also can't log in with my MSC user name,  😞

www.msccruises.ca

Correct you have to register seperatly on each of the sites and use a different email address to the one you registered first with

2 hours ago, capitalbarry said:

www.msccruises.ca

I just did a comparison with both sites for a cruise we are interested in and so far this is what I get

So right now for 4 (as it wont let me  do 6)  USA website offering May 9th 2020 balcony with Fantastica and promotion (although we don't know what it is - although im guessing Easy drinks pkg?) for $4220.20.US.

Canadian site offering it with no promotion when you click on Fantastica experience but main page pricing says it's 2 for 1 for  $5735.94CA.

When i put US price into currency converter it says $5657.03 so right now i would say US price is actually the better deal

Edited by Mattnvick

Our booking is through the MSC Usa website. We booked our cruise in March way before we knew about the Canadian website. I priced it out in CAD, but with the 10% Beauty at Sea promotion we had been able to grab we are better off keeping the booking through the US site. However, when I try to do a mock booking on the USA website and try to enter passenger information, Canada as a country is not an option anymore. I cannot see my booking on the Canada website as it is linked to the USA site. I am wondering if I registered with a new e-mail address on the Canada website, am I able to link the US booking? Or is it unnecessary?

I booked a 20 day Dubai to Venice for next April - solo traveler.  Fantastica inside $1900 US.  Canada site is only offering a stateroom B3 at $7418.  It is a good selling itinerary but I can't believe it is that sold out.  US site still offers the Fantastica inside at the same price.

I use a cruise travel agent.  I wonder how that will impact things for them?

I am definitely better off sticking with what I have.

Yeah mock booking on US site now do not offer Canada as place of residence only USA or Puerto Rico. So we are going to be forced to us the candian sure but as of rigt now we arent getting as good deals. Will be watching with interest to see how things progress. Victoria Day sale??

With MSC's poor website function, I am not going to move to the Cdn site until forced to.  As it was I am having trouble linking a reservation to my log in - or link to my Voyagers Club#.

If you book in one jurisdiction, you can't access your booking in another.  I imagine this is going to be the case for those who booked in the US - the Canadian site will not recognise the booking.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

If you book in one jurisdiction, you can't access your booking in another.  I imagine this is going to be the case for those who booked in the US - the Canadian site will not recognise the booking.

I get that.  I just wish it would recognize me in the jurisdiction we booked in🤣