What promo starting 4/6? Take you bets...

fstuff1

7 hours ago, Contessa30 said:

What happens if for example your tour is only $89.  Do you get a credit for $89 or $100?

Thanks!

But if only one of you takes the excursion, you only get the $89.  Use it or lose it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Von & John said:

Contessa  --  the $100 credit is for the cabin - not the individual.  

If your $89 excursion is the price/person - the cabin would receive $100 credit.

2x$89 = $178

Apply $100 credit & you owe $78

The credit is also combinable with your latitude tier discount.

• Like 1

“We're not joking! Alerting you to this: Just Extended. Norwegian's Free To Explore Sale Is Back By Popular Demand.”

I'm not joking, so glad I booked on Celebrity instead of waiting for this garbage to stop.  I’m ready to unsubscribe to emails at this point because it’s literally spam now.  Very disappointed.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, atomicric said:

“We're not joking! Alerting you to this: Just Extended. Norwegian's Free To Explore Sale Is Back By Popular Demand.”

I'm not joking, so glad I booked on Celebrity instead of waiting for this garbage to stop.  I’m ready to unsubscribe to emails at this point because it’s literally spam now.  Very disappointed.  

Yes, extended through May 14th! 😱I am so surprised!!!

5 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

Just heard on Elvis Duran morning show this morning (he is Godfather of the Bliss) if you book a cruise for June, July or August and use the "promo code" ELVIS, you will get a $100 OBC.

Seems to work for sailings not on the Bliss as well. I just entered the promo code for a mock booking on the Escape for June and it seemed to work. 

image.png.9335de52b30fa48889d7dde670b800e0.png

Edited by JamieLogical

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Seems to work for sailings not on the Bliss as well. I just entered the promo code for a mock booking on the Escape for June and it seemed to work. 

image.png.9335de52b30fa48889d7dde670b800e0.png

The code is good for any NCL ship sailing for June, July & August

53 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

Just heard on Elvis Duran morning show this morning (he is Godfather of the Bliss) if you book a cruise for June, July or August and use the "promo code" ELVIS, you will get a $100 OBC.

Great info! Thanks for letting us know! :) 

I didn’t realize that the Free At Sea promotions were so unpopular, or that the airfare was.

The airfare is saving my wife and I over $800, and the drink package/dining package is definitely worth the $300 service charge to us.  

1 minute ago, Kingkonig said:

I didn’t realize that the Free At Sea promotions were so unpopular, or that the airfare was.

The airfare is saving my wife and I over $800, and the drink package/dining package is definitely worth the $300 service charge to us.  

Yup. Flights to Miami for us are well over $600 with luggage. And we roughly added up the cost of the drinks we had on our last cruise and it was definitely over $1500 lol

The issue is that the prices are made higher artificially to offset whatever air benefit they claim to give. Flight wise you get randomly assigned to an airline, so may lose out on frequent flier benefits, can’t chose when you get in, can’t chose direct vs layover, can’t fly in ahead of time (especially problematic during the winter) without a fee, can’t choose your destination airport, and on top of it still have to pay for baggage fees on top of it. I can book two first class tickets via FF Miles for FAR less than what they believe the value of air is. So unfortunately for me it’s not a good deal. This goes doubly so for anyone who lives close or drives to the pier, as they are fully overpaying for something they won’t use.

I do like the rest of the promos, well aside from the ever rising fees associated with the drinks... I sincerely hope actually makes it directly to the crew, and if so then I am fine with it but for some reason I don’t trust that. 

7 minutes ago, atomicric said:

The issue is that the prices are made higher artificially to offset whatever air benefit they claim to give. Flight wise you get randomly assigned to an airline, so may lose out on frequent flier benefits, can’t chose when you get in, can’t chose direct vs layover, can’t fly in ahead of time (especially problematic during the winter) without a fee, can’t choose your destination airport, and on top of it still have to pay for baggage fees on top of it. I can book two first class tickets via FF Miles for FAR less than what they believe the value of air is. So unfortunately for me it’s not a good deal. This goes doubly so for anyone who lives close or drives to the pier, as they are fully overpaying for something they won’t use.

I do like the rest of the promos, well aside from the ever rising fees associated with the drinks... I sincerely hope actually makes it directly to the crew, and if so then I am fine with it but for some reason I don’t trust that. 

I can see how that would be frustrating, but isn’t that what the sailaway cabin rates are for?  Basically perk-less cabin rates?

Personally I would have to cruise Carnival out of Mobile, or Royal Caribbean out of Galveston if we didn’t have the free & reduced air perks (or cruise much less often on NCL), so I’m extremely grateful for that perk, even if they raise my fare because of it.  As for the drink package price increases, that seems to be industry-wide, and as long as I drink more than 4 drinks a day it pays for itself.  I just think that another “promotion” would have to recoup its value somehow, so comping gratuities or taxes would still cost us about the same amount in the end.

Would the “pick 5” seem more valuable to you if the airfare was one of the ones you pick instead of an automatically included one?

Sail away deletes every other promo, which we like and need. They have priced the drink package so high now that you literally can’t afford to buy it separately. Just saying I wish they would delete air and lower prices or offer another perk like tips etc. 

1 hour ago, atomicric said:

Sail away deletes every other promo, which we like and need. They have priced the drink package so high now that you literally can’t afford to buy it separately. Just saying I wish they would delete air and lower prices or offer another perk like tips etc. 

I would love to see pre-paid gratuities included as a perk.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:19 AM, Marine Mom said:

while booking my free cas cruise, the cas person said the code did nothing for my reservation.

she explained that the code is not combinable with 'free' cruises. 

Edited by fstuff1

16 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

while booking my free cas cruise, the cas person said the code did nothing for my reservation.

she explained that the code is not combinable with 'free' cruises. 

Same thing for me. When I did a mock booking it works but using it thru cas it doesn't 

9 minutes ago, JoeTec said:

Same thing for me. When I did a mock booking it works but using it thru cas it doesn't 

what i should have done is book regularly using a sail-away rate and use the trade in value of the certificate ($550).

cruise would have been about the same price.

i lose 3day dining package but should be able to get the Elvis $100 obc. 

so i come out slightly ahead.

(im sailing solo and yes, ive gotten the full $550 certificate trade-in value on a previous solo cruise earlier this year.)

Edited by fstuff1