What promo starting 4/6? Take you bets...

fstuff1

22 minutes ago, atomicric said:

We’re looking at September too. Unfortunately the deals are so bad right now that we might have to wait for the price to drop close to sailing. I would have to imagine that anyone interested in this promo has availed themselves of it, and I hope NCL is smart enough to realize it. 

Yeah, unless something spectacular comes up with the promo and it's a very short duration, we are holding off until after the final payment window closes for the sailing we are looking at. There is still a lot of inventory and prices have been inching downward, but I expect for them to take quite a jump down after final payment is due for those who have already booked. Just have to hang in there another couple of weeks before we book.

8 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, unless something spectacular comes up with the promo and it's a very short duration, we are holding off until after the final payment window closes for the sailing we are looking at. There is still a lot of inventory and prices have been inching downward, but I expect for them to take quite a jump down after final payment is due for those who have already booked. Just have to hang in there another couple of weeks before we book.

We are sailing 5/25/19  Dawn out of NYC ....29 days till sailing and the prices have not dropped at all. we are in a family suite and booked when there was free taxes and kids sail free at same time and because of suite cabin we got all 6 promo included. I have been watching the prices every other day and they are still high AF. all the other cruises with 30 days till sail seem to be coming way down in price but our sailing is NOT.

It used to be that last minute cruises are the best deals...now i feel that its those who book 2 yrs to 18 mos out that snag the best deals.

-Best

Mark

9 minutes ago, takeadip said:

We are sailing 5/25/19  Dawn out of NYC ....29 days till sailing and the prices have not dropped at all. we are in a family suite and booked when there was free taxes and kids sail free at same time and because of suite cabin we got all 6 promo included. I have been watching the prices every other day and they are still high AF. all the other cruises with 30 days till sail seem to be coming way down in price but our sailing is NOT.

It used to be that last minute cruises are the best deals...now i feel that its those who book 2 yrs to 18 mos out that snag the best deals.

-Best

Mark

It really just depends on the sailing. On my Bliss sailing back in February, prices just kept going up and up and up. We booked at $1079 per person for our angled balcony a full year out. By the end, the same balcony category was selling for $1989 per person. But that sailing filled up fairly early, so low inventory allowed them to keep prices high. On my Escape sailing last month, prices nose-dived after final payment, because rooms just weren't selling and the ship was still over 60% empty at the final payment date. Have you been monitoring inventory on your sailing or just prices?

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

It really just depends on the sailing. On my Bliss sailing back in February, prices just kept going up and up and up. We booked at $1079 per person for our angled balcony a full year out. By the end, the same balcony category was selling for $1989 per person. But that sailing filled up fairly early, so low inventory allowed them to keep prices high. On my Escape sailing last month, prices nose-dived after final payment, because rooms just weren't selling and the ship was still over 60% empty at the final payment date. Have you been monitoring inventory on your sailing or just prices?

that makes sense...we were only looking at price...when i called about an upgrade possibility the rep on the phone said that a lot of the higher priced cabins are gone and that with the upgrade system dont be surprised if anything below "strong" will prob be rejected...i guess excess inventory is the key....plus the DAWN is a small ship to start with.

I am so tired of this Airfare promo.  It just doesn't work for everyone.  Although I would really want that TaxFree promo again, I'm even starting to hope for the $100 of OBC they used to throw out every few weeks for a limited time😕

Agreed, was waiting on tax free but sounds like that’s not happening... Airfare is a garbage promo. I want to control my flights and airline if I fly, not be stuck in some last minute seat and have to pay baggage and guess on my flight times. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, atomicric said:

Agreed, was waiting on tax free but sounds like that’s not happening... Airfare is a garbage promo. I want to control my flights and airline if I fly, not be stuck in some last minute seat and have to pay baggage and guess on my flight times. 

At least in the beginning of the airfare promo, they would let you call in and decline it for a $100 pp discount on the cruise fare (couldn't do it when booking online, but could if you called). Now it's just use-it-or-don't with no discount for not using it. Plus, the true cost of it is just built into the fare prices. It really is just garbage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

New promo? my guess: "Back By Popular Demand" again!!!!

Change the slogan to 'Back By Popular Demand From NCL HQ', throw in the countdown clock and it becomes a completely new promo with new look.

Maybe, urrrrrr ... for a limited time, free upgrade to towel animals package in all family staterooms.  Ooops, torch me for giving bean counters another idea on more free giveaways, I meant ... takeaways. 

NCL's sales is like Macy's weekly Wednesday sales, preview for card members on Tuesdays.  Fools shop on other days unless it's a Saturday specials but gift cards are honored for additional discounts, yada yada.  

Edited by mking8288

12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Maybe, urrrrrr ... for a limited time, free upgrade to towel animals package in all family staterooms.  Ooops, torch me for giving bean counters another idea on more free giveaways, I meant ... takeaways. 

NCL's sales is like Macy's weekly Wednesday sales, preview for card members on Tuesdays.  Fools shop on other days unless it's a Saturday specials but gift cards are honored for additional discounts, yada yada.  

Ha Ha Ha!!!  You betcha!  (But Marty and I do have to go to Macy’s next week to get a few things for our cruise).  I’ll be on bended knee begging our cabin steward for towel animals.  (Not!).  I like them...just not that important.  It’s the lame excuses I can do without.  😎

• Haha 1

We were so sick of waiting for this unending and awful promotion in perpetuity from Norwegian that we booked on Celebrity for the exact same dates and itinerary. They were much more straight forward and we are looking forward to trying out a new line. If NCL is actually listening: way to drive away loyal customers. I hope they get their collective act together, otherwise the next two cruises I’m ready to book may well be on another line as well. 

A friend of mine used to work for NCL (years back) and is now a NCL "insider" and by that I mean he can only afford "inside " cabins. Anyway...he said that he heard rumors that NCL's new PROMO is going to focus on a good night sleep. So NCL is teaming up with the makers of "MY Pillow" and offering a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE memory foam pillow for a "very" limited time.

Ive seen their commercial for the last 5 years on every channel and this may just be the perfect new promo to get me to act and order one...but since its BOGO i guess ill get my DW one as well.

Best,

Mark

1 hour ago, atomicric said:

We were so sick of waiting for this unending and awful promotion in perpetuity from Norwegian that we booked on Celebrity for the exact same dates and itinerary. They were much more straight forward and we are looking forward to trying out a new line. If NCL is actually listening: way to drive away loyal customers. I hope they get their collective act together, otherwise the next two cruises I’m ready to book may well be on another line as well. 

I have been on Celebrity twice and have LOVED it. If it wasn't because I had a future cruise credit for NCL, I would totally be booked on a Celebrity cruise instead.