On Royal Princess now DON'T!

planb

There were many crew who joined in LA.

Jean-Francois Ferat is M'd

You need to call the dine line to get on "the list" - likely reminding a head waiter will help - I think there must have been a good number of "royalty" onboard.

We did have a good cabin crawl - a good group! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geocruiser said:

We were on board Royal 12/15/2019, everything was great then

We were on the cruise at the end of November just prior to the dry dock. It was a miserable experience. The main dining room was a disaster with extremely slow service. Had to wait for a table (ATD) only to walk into the DR to find that there were scores of tables (no kidding) that had yet to be cleared. Obviously, the dining room was far from full but none of the supervisors in evidence seemed to be interested in asking the wait staff to pick up the pace and clear the tables. Had extreme connectivity problems and tv kept going out...

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I was the one who posted about the horrible service I received last week - I also had all the paperwork in hand but front desk wouldn’t even look at it.

There is a reason that presenting your paperwork is not enough. Proof of having purchased or received something is not proof that it has not been cancelled or withdrawn. When the onboard computers do not show your OBC, they have no idea if you had changed TAs and thus no longer have the TA OBC or if you had cancelled purchased OBC. Same for purchased beverage packages or anything else purchased pre-cruise.

Yes, it is very annoying when this happens. It is not your fault, but you have the aggravation of reporting it and having to wait for HQ to verify what you know is true. 

When I have not had TA OBC showing up, I E-mail the TA and usually within 24-hours the OBC shows up on the ship. My TA knows how to make it happen.

Of course once an item such as a beverage package is recognized as existing, when it does not get honored when obtaining the beverages is even more irritating. The more that gets computerized, the more chance that the software has bugs in it or the way to input data into the system is overly complicated and leads to humans making mistakes..

Your travel summary as listed online in the Princess cruise personalizes would show if there are cancellations and are up to date. They may disbelieve the printouts, but they shouldn’t be able to deny what you have on Princess.com

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stvandy1 said:

Your travel summary as listed online in the Princess cruise personalizes would show if there are cancellations and are up to date. They may disbelieve the printouts, but they shouldn’t be able to deny what you have on Princess.com

Plus I didn’t use a TA for booking, etc. I paid OBC Thru Princess, my excursions thru Princess. Lotus spa and crown grill thru Princess. It’s all listed in my travel

summary on the Princess website. If their guest services fail me, Princess Cruise website and Customer service reps at their headquarters will have to take the blame.

• Like 1

I was on the CB in November and had the OM and cruise card.  My minutes disappeared a few days after we sailed on a 14 day cruise.  I went to the internet cafe and told them my problem.  They put 250 minutes back on my account and told me to use the logout.com from now on to log off the internet.  I did not have any problems after that time.  While on the CB I ran the speed test and was getting 100+ mbps up and down.  

We had the OM and cruise cards and did not have any problems with the OM and never used the cruise card.  Actually the OM was quite nice to use.  I kept it in my pocket except when I needed it to use while leaving/returning to the ship or buying drinks etc onboard. 

From time to time I have had problems with OBC not showing up on my folio.  They have contacted the Princess main office and have been able to resolve the problem but it does take some time.  Sorry to hear the OP was having so many problems. 

12 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

We were on the cruise at the end of November just prior to the dry dock. It was a miserable experience. The main dining room was a disaster with extremely slow service. Had to wait for a table (ATD) only to walk into the DR to find that there were scores of tables (no kidding) that had yet to be cleared. Obviously, the dining room was far from full but none of the supervisors in evidence seemed to be interested in asking the wait staff to pick up the pace and clear the tables. Had extreme connectivity problems and tv kept going out...

We were on the two cruises just prior to dry dock in November and had a great time.  I really couldn't find anything to complain about, including ATD.  Each person sees thing through their own eyes.

• Like 1

I can see issues if you don't buy unlimited wifi.  Logging out is so important.  Have lost minutes on prior cruises because I did not log out.  But with unlimited medallion net; not a problem.  For those who have on board credit; take a screen shot of your personalizer account on the day you cruise.  So when you board ship it should match what shows up in your on board folio.  Can be frustrating. It took me 8 days on a 14 day trip before the money showed up on my account.  I figured the ship staff would figure it out with corporate prior to end of cruise.  Sure enough; on day 8 it showed up on the account.  No worries. 

16 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

WOW.  A lot different than our cruise.  But, I think it was that cruise that our TV also went out.  It was fixed and good will was given to us.

Cruises can change from week to week.  I guess we were luck to get great service . 

I am so

Sorry there are issues. We were on the week before and had none. Guess we were lucky. Doesn't mean others didn't have problems. Not really a problem but we  had fixed dining and had asked for a table for 8. We wound up with a table for two. However, didn't change it because table next to us had a really nice couple and we enjoyed our dinners chatting with them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

There is a reason that presenting your paperwork is not enough. Proof of having purchased or received something is not proof that it has not been cancelled or withdrawn. When the onboard computers do not show your OBC, they have no idea if you had changed TAs and thus no longer have the TA OBC or if you had cancelled purchased OBC. Same for purchased beverage packages or anything else purchased pre-cruise.

Yes, it is very annoying when this happens. It is not your fault, but you have the aggravation of reporting it and having to wait for HQ to verify what you know is true. 

When I have not had TA OBC showing up, I E-mail the TA and usually within 24-hours the OBC shows up on the ship. My TA knows how to make it happen.

Of course once an item such as a beverage package is recognized as existing, when it does not get honored when obtaining the beverages is even more irritating. The more that gets computerized, the more chance that the software has bugs in it or the way to input data into the system is overly complicated and leads to humans making mistakes..

I would imagine that they should believe their OWN card that was put in the room by THEIR room serviice staff on the morning of embarkation! Sadly, they didn't....so we had the card and the tumbler, yet they didn't believe we had the package.....hmmm

• Like 1

I should add that my TA really went to bat for me. When I got no joy from front desk, I emailed her and she was the one that actually got it all sorted from the corporate side (even though the ship claimed they didn't get the emails from corporate twice - I was cc'ed so knew they had). When I returned home my TA asked if the ship had offered anything - I had neither asked nor expected anything than what I had paid for, but this was not ok with my TA. She got back onto corporate and ended up getting me two free specialty dinners, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of champagne for the next cruise I am booked on. This was great of her and I appreciated the gesture from Princess - as it happens, I will likely be cancelling that cruise, too, as it was the third booking I had on Royal - not ready to sail that ship again!

• Like 1

Just a few hiccups today. We got to the pier. Our bus was asked for how many wheelchairs. We were the only ones who spoke up. Two were brought and were immediately occupied by some ladies who hadn’t spoke up. The chair in the vista lounge I sat in was uncomfortable for muster drill. I discovered that our room had 2 bunk beds. We are switching from queen configuration to two single beds 

so we don’t have to crawl on the bed at the foot and climb like a monkey to lie down. That was my fault. I didn’t properly research the room. No problems with stateroom account. Cross my fingers and hope I don’t jinx myself.

Wow. I'm concerned. I prebooked shore excursions,  internet,  and  a balcony dinner. I wonder if I should cancel the dinner and rebook on board. I was going to buy the coffee card and beverage package today. Maybe I should wait. I sail on the 20th.