Lido deck cabins

Ideb

How bad do cabins on the Lido deck rock? Specifically on Carnival Dream, but I'm sure this would be the same on most ships. Is it bad if you are in a cabin in the middle of deck 10. One person traveling with us gets motion sickness easily.

3 minutes ago, Ideb said:

One person traveling with us gets motion sickness easily.

The usual applies to cabin selection for the motion sensitive:

Lower decks (not Lido) - and amidships -not too far forward

and not too far towards the back/stern.

Take a six pack of Ginger Ale with you, and some Ginger Cookies.

I was able to score a cabin on the lido deck for one of my cruises and it was the best location I ever had.  I loved it.  I always book high decks and do notice some swaying.  The weird thing is that even though I get motion sickness, the motion on a cruise has never bothered me.  I know everyone is not that lucky.  I would recommend a lower deck in the middle of the ship for someone who might have a problem with motion sickness and that they bring something for motion sickness with them.

Thanks for all the responses. I think we are going to go with deck 7. As much as I would love to be on the lido deck, I'm afraid it could ruin the cruise for all of us if one person is sick the whole time. I'm thinking deck 7 will still be fairly close to everything and mid-aft might be a better place for us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ideb said:

How bad do cabins on the Lido deck rock? Specifically on Carnival Dream, but I'm sure this would be the same on most ships. Is it bad if you are in a cabin in the middle of deck 10. One person traveling with us gets motion sickness easily.

The cabins on Deck 10 are only on the front third of the ship.

6 hours ago, Ideb said:

Thanks for all the responses. I think we are going to go with deck 7. As much as I would love to be on the lido deck, I'm afraid it could ruin the cruise for all of us if one person is sick the whole time. I'm thinking deck 7 will still be fairly close to everything and mid-aft might be a better place for us.

Won't you be spending most of your time on sea days on the Lido Deck anyway?  With a ship the size of the Dream, unless the seas are real choppy,  you don't feel hardly any motion no matter which deck you are on.  If the seas are choppy, you'll feel it no matter where you are.   We always stay on the Panorama Deck (Deck 11) and have never felt any more motion than anywhere else on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never noticed a difference, but I am not prone to motion sickness.  I have been on deck 7 on this class of ship & I thought it was a great location.  I also take a ginger capsule morning & evening just in case there are rough seas.  I figure better safe than sorry & ginger doesn't cause drowsiness like some medications.  I actually have more trouble when I go back home - still feel the motion.  The staff also recommend green apples for motion sickness.

I get motion sickness...one of the reasons were waited so long to ever go on a cruise ( sad ).
I bring ginger pills with me, 500mg capsules.  I've done the wrist things (useless), bonine (sleep through the cruise) and found the ginger pills to really work.  

We had R02 - bottom passenger deck, almost at the front, and it didn't phase me at all.  Same with one of the excursions on a smaller boat.

This time we'll be on deck 6 for a balcony and motion was a concern, but as someone above said, chances are you spend most of the time on lido and other higher decks anyway.  If it doesn't bother you, the room probably won't either.   If I can sit on lido and read a book on a sea day with no ill effects, they should be fine 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

16 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The cabins on Deck 10 are only on the front third of the ship.

Won't you be spending most of your time on sea days on the Lido Deck anyway?  With a ship the size of the Dream, unless the seas are real choppy,  you don't feel hardly any motion no matter which deck you are on.  If the seas are choppy, you'll feel it no matter where you are.   We always stay on the Panorama Deck (Deck 11) and have never felt any more motion than anywhere else on the ship.

I was on the Vista last month which is an even bigger ship and I could feel motion although luckily I'm not as prone to motion sickness as some are. I could always feel motion when we were in the Liquid Lounge that was at the front of the ship, so that was another consideration with the cabins available on the Lido deck. I'm hoping I made a good choice with a cabin on deck 7. It's considered "middle" section on the carnival website, but it's closer to the back part of the middle section.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:32 PM, Ideb said:

Remind that person that under no circumstances, unless the ship is docked, should they go to the Main Show Lounge or Spa (ALL FORWARD) nor the Pizzeria, The Steakhouse or the Comedy Club (ALL AFT).

Also pre arrange and insist with the Maitre'd that you get assigned dining in the Midship Crimson dining room. The AFT Scarlet dining room would be a big problem.

We had an interior on Lido on the Dream, sort of in the middle of that section.

I hurl if I read billboards in a car. Zero issues with this cabin, we loved it. I took meclazine (sp?) on schedule whether I needed it or not. 

On 4/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, Ideb said:

If the seas are rough it does not matter what deck you are on.

16 hours ago, modes said:

If the seas are rough it does not matter what deck you are on.

I was going to say the same thing.  The amount of motion depends upon the seas.  On the ship itself you will find some areas are less affected than others for motion.  But in rough seas you will feel it everywhere.  And in calm seas the entire ship should be relatively motionless.

I have a daughter that gets motion sick pretty easy.  They last couple of cruises we booked rooms mid ship on deck 4.  She was having issues at the back and front of the ship but did much better mid-ship.

My wife and I will be staying on in an interior Lido deck cabin for the first time on the Panorama in Feb 2020.  Neither of us have issues with motion. 

I had a Lido deck cabin on the Splendor in November last year.  The location was awesome but I did feel more swaying on an upper deck.  It wasn't terrible but I could feel it.  I am going on the Magic in two weeks and chose deck 7 for this trip.  I could have upgraded to Lido(received an email to upgrade) but I just didn't want to take the chance.  I probably will do a Lido cabin again once some time goes by and I forget how I did feel more motion up there.  The location was the best part of it. 

• Like 1