Table size request

Today I called RCL to let them know that I would like to be seated at a table for 6.

I was advised that those requests need to thru the TA.  I asked about rcl_dining and advised

that I have used this before. Customer service said this process has been eleminated. 

Next, I try the TA, and received this message: "table assignments are on a request basis only and must be

confirmed onboard the ship with the dining manager."

Does anyone have information or advise.

4 minutes ago, britty1 said:

Today I called RCL to let them know that I would like to be seated at a table for 6.

I was advised that those requests need to thru the TA.  I asked about rcl_dining and advised

that I have used this before. Customer service said this process has been eleminated. 

Next, I try the TA, and received this message: "table assignments are on a request basis only and must be

confirmed onboard the ship with the dining manager."

Does anyone have information or advise.

That's weird, usually they will make a note of it, at least. We booked directly through RC and when I called to request sitting by our friends, they made a note and just said to have our friends confirm. Maybe if you used a TA it's different? You can also stop by the "office hours" in the dining room on embarkation day to request the table you'd like.

Based on the response from the TA it seems "canned".  Probably time to use a different TA.  If you booked through a TA, RCCL generally requires you go through the TA in regards to communication.

We sailed on AOS on March 10. I emailed rcldinning@rccl.com about three weeks before with our table request as I always do. Received a reply about  a week before the cruise that our request had been granted. This has always worked in the past I hope it has not changed.

5 minutes ago, Armac said:

We sailed on AOS on March 10. I emailed rcldinning@rccl.com about three weeks before with our table request as I always do. Received a reply about  a week before the cruise that our request had been granted. This has always worked in the past I hope it has not changed.

I just want to clarify the spelling of the email address: rcldining@rccl.com.

• Like 1

Thanks, I have used this email before with success but today RCL Rep told me they had eliminated this practice.  I have emailed my request to this email, we will see if it works.

1 minute ago, britty1 said:

Thanks, I have used this email before with success but today RCL Rep told me they had eliminated this practice.  I have emailed my request to this email, we will see if it works.

Please report back, many have used that email and it would be a loss if they eliminated it.

11 minutes ago, britty1 said:

I used the email address two months ago and my request was honored. I hope we haven't lost the ability to request a certain table.

1 minute ago, britty1 said:

I hope this works, we sail on Monday, I will report back when I know something, however I have left this request short on time. Should have done it last week.

Go to the dining room as soon as you board to confirm.

• Like 1

Our group has 7 staterooms each with the traditional dining for an upcoming Harmony cruise.  I used the rcldining@rccl.com email about 2 weeks ago to get a table for all of us and got a response back within a few days that they would honor our request.  

We are staying on for the 15th and also requested the same table and that was confirmed...you better hurry!

My first request was mailed on March 5th, so quite a while back...when we decided to do the 10th, I emailed them on March 20th.

The only bad about that was we are in Grand Suite for the 15th and there was no suite available for the 10th....alas, no concierge lounge for tomorrow...sniff!  We love MJ, first met him on Vision.  Now  Diamond Concierge Jorge from Liberty went to Visions Concierge.

Edited by BecciBoo

3 hours ago, bmsm6 said:

Our group has 7 staterooms each with the traditional dining for an upcoming Harmony cruise.  I used the rcldining@rccl.com email about 2 weeks ago to get a table for all of us and got a response back within a few days that they would honor our request.  

How many in your party total?  We are sailing in a year and will have at least 5 cabins (maybe more by the time we sail).  I havent' sailed on RCCL before so I wasn't sure how many they can accommodate at a table.

28 minutes ago, Tasm3n said:

How many in your party total?  We are sailing in a year and will have at least 5 cabins (maybe more by the time we sail).  I havent' sailed on RCCL before so I wasn't sure how many they can accommodate at a table.

We quite often travel with a group of friends, sometimes as many as 12 of us. From past experience I recommend NOT trying to put everyone at the same table. While having everyone at the same table might sound like a good idea, it is too difficult to have a conversation with others at a table that large. We have found that it is much better to have two small tables next to each other. You can switch up tables every night so you are sitting (and conversing) with other people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tasm3n said:

We have 14.  I was shocked they said they could fit us all at one table...although it'll really end up being 12 since the 2 kids will go to Adventure Ocean during dinner most nights.  We had 10 at a table on a cruise a few years ago and it wasn't an issue for us as far as having conversations.  Plus it was nice that we were all getting our food and leaving together since we usually had shows planned afterwards.

Sometimes the request is not sent to the ship

It happened to me twice, last time on the symphony and the other time cant remember the ship but I'm sure it was freedom class sailing from port everglade.  On the symphony I had the request for 4 and I was placed in a huge table. Apparently the ship never received my request but I had the reply email. They told me I had to get on a waiting list because they were full. It took us almost 40 mins chasing supervisors for them to grant my request and I am diamond. On the other ship same story but it was fixed in less than 10 mins I guess they want us to get my time instead on MDR   

6 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Sometimes the request is not sent to the ship

It happened to me twice, last time on the symphony and the other time cant remember the ship but I'm sure it was freedom class sailing from port everglade.  On the symphony I had the request for 4 and I was placed in a huge table. Apparently the ship never received my request but I had the reply email. They told me I had to get on a waiting list because they were full. It took us almost 40 mins chasing supervisors for them to grant my request and I am diamond. On the other ship same story but it was fixed in less than 10 mins I guess they want us to get my time instead on MDR   

Did you expect them to solve your problem faster just because you are diamond?

Glad it worked.  A few cruises ago we wanted the early dining time, but were told it was full.  So, we stopped in the MDR promptly after boarding, and requested a change of time.  We said we'd be glad to be at a larger table, so they added us (the 2 of us) to a table for 10 that already had 9 (several children.)  Perhaps "squeezing" us in there was no problem, but this worked out really well for us, although some others might not like those arrangements.  Towards the end of the cruise, our wait staff made a comment that they thought we were all one family.  We'd never met before the first night dinner, but we'd choose to dine together if we found out we were on the same cruise in the future.  So, I guess what I'm saying is, you're last ditch option would be to stop in the MDR first thing on boarding day.  They'll accommodate you if they can.   And, different people have different desires for dining options.  

12 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Did you expect them to solve your problem faster just because you are diamond?

Actually I didnt want to have any problem in a simple request but it was their mistake

• Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/VitalitySM Day Spa Services/Main Dining Room"