Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

On 5/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, jtnokia said:

I will admit that I didn't read all 14 pages of the posts for Medallions. I was wondering do you get a new one for every cruise? Is the Ocean apps the Princess app? 

Hello jtnokia
Yes, you will get a new Medallion with each cruise; the medallion shows your name, and the name of your cruise.the-ocean-medallion-on-caribbean-princes

Yes, you will download "Ocean Ready" to your cellular device (phone, iPad, etc.)   Click Medallion FAQ to view a quick outline of some of the basics.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HUNNY BUN said:

So, I haven't been able to find out....how much does it cost to get the medallions?  

medallion itself - no cost

lanyard holder - no cost

wristbands, clips, jewelry type holder - extra, prices vary

The medallion does not cost anything and will come with a free lanyard or some other "attacher".  The medallion and its free lanyard/attacher will be shipped to you for free or can be picked up at the port.

If you want, you can purchase a bracelet, a necklace and/or various other pretties when you order your medallion and they will charge for shipping the pretties. You can also buy the pretties on the ship. There is an inexpensive Fitbit bracelet available on Amazon that a number of folks have ordered to hold their medallion.

voljeep types faster than I do.😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruiserdru said:

The medallion does not cost anything and will come with a free lanyard or some other "attacher".  The medallion and its free lanyard/attacher will be shipped to you for free or can be picked up at the port.

If you want, you can purchase a bracelet, a necklace and/or various other pretties when you order your medallion and they will charge for shipping the pretties. You can also buy the pretties on the ship. There is an inexpensive Fitbit bracelet available on Amazon that a number of folks have ordered to hold their medallion.

voljeep types faster than I do.😄

Thanks to both of you!!  I am booked for a 2020 Alaska cruise on the Grand Princess, so I am looking forward to this new feature!!  Didn't know if I needed to do something to get signed up for it or not.

21 hours ago, hookoncruise said:

Hello, 

Anyone know if I can track family members that's not in the same stateroom as me with the Ocean Compass? 

Thanks! 

Yes you can add other people to your 'shipmates' status. You go into Ocean Compass, click on manage shipmates. Invite other person/people to be your shipmate using their name as it appears on the ship's log. Once they have accepted your request you will be able to chat with them and locate where they are, as long as they have kept the 'find me' function of their Ocean Compass on.

Jim

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

Yes you can add other people to your 'shipmates' status. You go into Ocean Compass, click on manage shipmates. Invite other person/people to be your shipmate using their name as it appears on the ship's log. Once they have accepted your request you will be able to chat with them and locate where they are, as long as they have kept the 'find me' function of their Ocean Compass on.

Jim

Awesome!! Thanks guys! This community is AWESOME! 😄

I set up the app a few months ago. Now, every time I try to sign into the Ocean Ready app, it keeps saying cannot connect to server. Anyone else having trouble signing in?

When I click the "forgot login details" and put in my email address, I never get an email.

Edited by jovisoul

20 minutes ago, jovisoul said:

I set up the app a few months ago. Now, every time I try to sign into the Ocean Ready app, it keeps saying cannot connect to server. Anyone else having trouble signing in?

When I click the "forgot login details" and put in my email address, I never get an email.

I keep getting the same message when I am trying to set up our account for the first time. It also says my birth date is invalid when I try to register from my phone app. 

Have logged in on an Android phone several times today without a message. Also have logged in on my laptop to ocean.com

Of course, each time my travel docs switch from done to not done and back again even though I can see them.

Only other thing I noticed is that the software is a newer version than I originally downloaded.

10 minutes ago, jovisoul said:

Me either :(

I was told earlier this week by one of the Ocean Navigators that all of this stuff works only on connected phones and tablets. 

Clearly a couple of the group have figured out where the keys to the kingdom are located. 

I understand that the goal of Princess is to eventually migrate all of this to other platforms. 

Hope so! 

3 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

I was told earlier this week by one of the Ocean Navigators that all of this stuff works only on connected phones and tablets. 

Clearly a couple of the group have figured out where the keys to the kingdom are located. 

I understand that the goal of Princess is to eventually migrate all of this to other platforms. 

Hope so! 

I just spoke to an Ocean Navigator and she said that because the Crown isn't yet on Ocean Ready that I couldn't sign on. I tried to explain to her that I have already been on the app and entered all of my information before. She just kept saying it's because the Crown isn't hooked up yet. She didn't get what I was saying.

7 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Anyone have a pic of the sports band that are sold through app or onboard ship?  Have read about the alternatives on Amazon, but just wanted to compare them with the ones on the ship. Thanks!

14535B72-F061-4B6D-A0AD-0D48F546E6FA.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

$12!!!

How much are the Fitbit equivalents on Amazon?

As I recall they were about the same price as these aftermarket clips which we purchased.  My wife clipped hers to her blouse & I clipped mine to the inside of my pocket...worked for us.

CA4B6106-57FD-4037-9453-0FF4B682C1CC.jpeg