Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

15 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

received our Medallion for upcoming cruise today and requested a lanyard.   are all of the lanyard inserts blue, not the medallion itself just the thing to put the medallion in.    Thanks.    

Ditto, received mine as well. 

Medallion color is based on your captain circle level. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kc2Dv9LFGBe1B7on8

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Today’s update of my iOS version of the MedallionClass app added OceanConcierge so it’s no longer necessary to access it through a web browser.

DB8D1304-C78E-4FE3-9CEB-BCF2F664A697.jpeg

Thanks for the information, Frank. I saw your post appear and started looking for the update. It wasn’t available here in Australia until about 5 hours later. But I have it now and it’s working perfectly. 👍 Cheers. Bill 

Cellular At Sea (CAS) wireless may have been eliminated on Medallion ships.  We'll be on "Sky" in February 2020.  Can anyone verify that this is true?  I've contacted Princess six times with the question.  Three reps have said CAS is gone.  Three reps have "guaranteed" it'll be available.  ("Sky" doesn't show up on Verizon's list of ships.  In the past, our ships have been on the list.)

We've used CAS consistently for years while cruising Princess to communicate 24/7 with the caretaker for my 95-year-old mother, and for the sitter back home.  If Princess has reverted to 1980s communication, i.e., the phone in the cabin, we'll need to cancel this cruise and go with another line.

Does anybody know what's true?  Appreciate any info!

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Today’s update of my iOS version of the MedallionClass app added OceanConcierge so it’s no longer necessary to access it through a web browser.

DB8D1304-C78E-4FE3-9CEB-BCF2F664A697.jpeg

1099D0C3-7761-4C4F-888E-CFDDE1DC92F4.jpeg

If this is available for Android, does this mean I have to delete and then down load a new version of Medallionclass ,hope not as everything is currently uploaded and ready to go!

41 minutes ago, moresun said:

If this is available for Android, does this mean I have to delete and then down load a new version of Medallionclass ,hope not as everything is currently uploaded and ready to go!

For iOS/iPhone it was merely an update - not delete and reinstall. 

Edited by OzPilot
  • Like 1

Same here on my android phone. I’m connected to the Internet and I get the same error message.

what is really worrying is that when I hit my ocean profile, I see the right avatar and the right cabin, booking number and captains circle level, but when I click that journey I see a completely different booking/cabin number  and embarkation date (not association with my future cruises) and the captains circle level is wrong.

I'm getting that I am not connected on my Android phone.  When I go into my Profile, then My Journeys, I can see two Bookings that are not mine and with the wrong Captain's Circle level.  Both of these bookings have me embarking in May of 2019???

Edited by BigTimeCruiser

Wow - that is messed up - I am going to just print my passes just like I used to for boarding when we get to Barcelona to be safe.  That apps seems to always have major problems .  Revert to old school = paper 

I would check your online personalizer on the web site but I am sure that is right

Edited by Denmal
add data
  • Haha 1

Same here updated yesterday and now it tells me I am not connected to WiFi even though I am via my home WiFi. It worked before. Hope it did not loose my ocean ready info. 
Now it only wants to connect to medallion net and I am 100 days away from being on board. 

WARNING DO NOT UPDATE YOUR  MEDALLION APP!!

Edited by lcruiser

51 minutes ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

I'm getting that I am not connected on my Android phone.  When I go into my Profile, then My Journeys, I can see two Bookings that are not mine and with the wrong Captain's Circle level.  Both of these bookings have me embarking in May of 2019???

Yes, the incorrect cruise info I see under my journey is also for a May 2020 departure.

17 hours ago, polmcs said:

Same here on my android phone. I’m connected to the Internet and I get the same error message.

what is really worrying is that when I hit my ocean profile, I see the right avatar and the right cabin, booking number and captains circle level, but when I click that journey I see a completely different booking/cabin number  and embarkation date (not association with my future cruises) and the captains circle level is wrong.

Same problem today. Shows not connected and strange cruise dates, captain circle level etc. 

18 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

yeah, mine shows I'm on Regal Princess when I sail today on Royal 🙂

Mine's fine fortunately bc I noticed this morning that my printers broken. 

20191014_060142.jpg

Edited by Ombud
Omit name / room

If we order accessories for the medallion will we also get the complimentary lanyard?  I think I would like the clip but I would like the lanyard as a back up.  Otherwise I will just get the lanyard and get a clip when we get onboard.  Thanks!