Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

So we got our medallions for the Sky departing on 11/17.  My husband's plastic case to hold the medallion is cracked at the top.  We leave for Barcelona in 4 days, can we get a holder at embarkation for free or will it cost us ? 

Thanks

On 4/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, CineGraphic said:

I received an email today, 4/20/19 informing me that I could finally access my booking on Ocean Ready, and order our Medallions for our 7/27/19 sailing on the Caribbean Princess, 98 days from now.

I'm 104 days out from sailing and while the app allows me to input pics/data, etc. it crashes when I get to the address screen to order the actual medallions.  I've ditched the app and reloaded it thinking that might fix my problem.  Do you happen to know if they keep passengers from ordering the medallions until a certain number of days from sailing?  

12 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

I'm 104 days out from sailing and while the app allows me to input pics/data, etc. it crashes when I get to the address screen to order the actual medallions.  I've ditched the app and reloaded it thinking that might fix my problem.  Do you happen to know if they keep passengers from ordering the medallions until a certain number of days from sailing?  

I just happen to be 104 days out as well. Are you traveling on the Sky or the Crown?

Anyways.....I was able to place our medallion order in the app back on 9/10, and it's showing as "in progress". You may want to delete the app and reinstall it.  Make sure you using the new all-in-one version, Medallion Class app, which combines all of the earlier separate apps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seagunthera said:

CineGraphic is spot on.  Make sure you are downloading the newer MedallionClass app from the app store.  Using the old Ocean Ready app alone could be the cause of your problems.  Once you are in MedallionClass app it will give you an option to load Ocean Ready.  Use that version.

• Like 1

I’m trying to link my booking in the Medallion Class App but i get a message that my information does not match our records. My cruise is November 2020. Am I getting this message because my cruise is too far out or because it’s not paid in full?

Thanks!

Tom😎

On 11/1/2019 at 3:12 PM, AskOceanMedallion said:

We apologize for the delivery challenge.  We are eager to address this quickly and ask that you pls email us directly at AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com with your name and booking number so we can take care of this for you straight away. Thank you.

I have a red 1 notification showing on the app itself on the desktop page.

I have looked throughout the app for any new notifications but I am not seeing anything.

Any idea how i can get rid of it?

8 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m trying to link my booking in the Medallion Class App but i get a message that my information does not match our records. My cruise is November 2020. Am I getting this message because my cruise is too far out or because it’s not paid in full?

Thanks!

Tom😎

I don't think so. I am also booked on a Cruise in Nov. 2020,  only paid £1 deposit, and booking is linked on the app.

15 hours ago, Denmal said:

So we got our medallions for the Sky departing on 11/17.  My husband's plastic case to hold the medallion is cracked at the top.  We leave for Barcelona in 4 days, can we get a holder at embarkation for free or will it cost us ? 

Thanks

Yes you can pick up new case or they may just issue you a new medallion which is in the case.  No worries

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Yes you can pick up new case or they may just issue you a new medallion which is in the case.  No worries

Wouldn't the easiest thing to do would be just print out your cruise documents and show up at the port rather than wasting time with a wonky app at home - time that you'll never get back? 

I've been following this discussion for some time now and can't see any real upside to wasting time at home just to get on the ship 10 minutes faster.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!

Tom😎

This may be a silly question but is the cruise you are trying to link a Medallion Class cruise?  My next cruise is on a Medallion Class ship but the next one isn't Medallion Class.  That may be the reason why you are getting the error message.

22 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

This may be a silly question but is the cruise you are trying to link a Medallion Class cruise?  My next cruise is on a Medallion Class ship but the next one isn't Medallion Class.  That may be the reason why you are getting the error message.

I just tried to link my non Medallion Class booking in the Medallion Class app and I got the same error message that the information does not match their records.

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Wouldn't the easiest thing to do would be just print out your cruise documents and show up at the port rather than wasting time with a wonky app at home - time that you'll never get back? 

I've been following this discussion for some time now and can't see any real upside to wasting time at home just to get on the ship 10 minutes faster.

I've had problems with the app's ever since they introduced them. The boarding app never did load correctly & after our Oct trip we had no delays without completing it. The Medallion didn't save anyone an extra minute and until they finally straighten it out someday I can't be bothered.

I lived without it very nicely. 

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

We leave in two days to get on the Sky Princess next Sunday. This wonky app has allowed us to get our medallions, enter our security photo, enter our avitar to show up on screens on the ship. Roughly same amount of time that it would take when we arrive at the port. we actually entered  most of our information when we sailed on the CB last January. So the biggest benefit is it is a lasting editable information package that only needs to be entered once. Our medallions are on order for our cruise in January as well.

We now have a listing and timing of the entertainment in most of the venues on the Journey View part of wonky, almost like having the Patters mailed to us pre-cruise, and can begin to plan our days. I have not been able to order a drink yet, but if I could, the ice would probably be melted by the time we boarded.

Jim😎

• Like 3

we were Ocean Ready on the CB , with OM in hand when we boarded in May ...

just now getting ready to download the Medallion Class app for our December cruise on SKY .. how much of the info will carryover from Ocean Ready, and how much will we have to re-enter ?

all of our 'stuff' is complete on the personalizer if that makes a difference ...

Edited by voljeep

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we were Ocean Ready on the CB , with OM in hand when we boarded in May ...

just now getting ready to download the Medallion Class app for our December cruise on SKY .. how much of the info will carryover from Ocean Ready, and how much will we have to re-enter ?

all of our 'stuff' is complete on the personalizer if that makes a difference ...

I did not delete any of the original apps when I downloaded MCapp. All of our information was there including pictures, passport information, shipmates for chatting and stalking. PIN, etc. all that information is available for our next cruises, our January cruise on the Sky, our October cruise on the CB.

Jim😎

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I just happen to be 104 days out as well. Are you traveling on the Sky or the Crown?

Anyways.....I was able to place our medallion order in the app back on 9/10, and it's showing as "in progress". You may want to delete the app and reinstall it.  Make sure you using the new all-in-one version, Medallion Class app, which combines all of the earlier separate apps.

16 hours ago, Daniel A said:

CineGraphic is spot on.  Make sure you are downloading the newer MedallionClass app from the app store.  Using the old Ocean Ready app alone could be the cause of your problems.  Once you are in MedallionClass app it will give you an option to load Ocean Ready.  Use that version.

I've downloaded the correct app and input all information (passports, etc.) but when it gets to the final screen to order the medallions, the app crashes and sends me back to my iPhone home screen.  I've deleted and reinstalled the app as well.  I guess I may just have to make a phone call.  I want to order different accessories(bracelet, etc.) as well.  Is that possible to do on any other site other than through this app?

I appreciate your help with this.

I know that a lot of people were wondering about the Medallion/FitBit accessories on Amazon and whether they would fit....they do! My SO is not a lanyard guy so I got a black one for him that he can clip in his pocket.

I made a lanyard/necklace for my medallion. The Medallion fits just fine and can be clipped on and off the necklace. 

medallion lanyard.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanandjim said:

We now have a listing and timing of the entertainment in most of the venues on the Journey View part of wonky, almost like having the Patters mailed to us pre-cruise, and can begin to plan our days. I have not been able to order a drink yet, but if I could, the ice would probably be melted by the time we boarded.

Jim😎

Anyone have any idea when the Journey View app gets populated?  I am 90 days out and I have excursions booked and Journey View is empty except the image of the ship sailing to the different ports of call.

I don't see the question or answer here (if I missed it being asked already sorry about that).

We do not have a smart phone or stuff like that, so no doing Google or the other app for this Medallion.  We are sailing in December and I have done the usual online personalizer.  Anyone know what happens at check in with us not having smartphone stuff?  There are still some of us out here that do not need/want smart phones, etc., minority we know. We would have to pick up Medallion at check in as they don't send to Canada before cruises.

Thank you in advance.

44 minutes ago, shertwo said:

I don't see the question or answer here (if I missed it being asked already sorry about that).

We do not have a smart phone or stuff like that, so no doing Google or the other app for this Medallion.  We are sailing in December and I have done the usual online personalizer.  Anyone know what happens at check in with us not having smartphone stuff?  There are still some of us out here that do not need/want smart phones, etc., minority we know. We would have to pick up Medallion at check in as they don't send to Canada before cruises.

Thank you in advance.

As I understand it, you would just go to the check in line at the terminal the way we did before, with your printed boarding pass, passport or other ID and the credit card for your folio.  They would then give you your Medallion there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just tried to link my non Medallion Class booking in the Medallion Class app and I got the same error message that the information does not match their records.

Same with me. I have done a Medallion cruise and I am all set up with the App however my two future bookings only produce the same error message. I just assumed non Medallion bookings don't work with the App.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

As I understand it, you would just go to the check in line at the terminal the way we did before, with your printed boarding pass, passport or other ID and the credit card for your folio.  They would then give you your Medallion there.

Yep, just did this on the Sky Princess on Oct 20.  Just showed up with the paper boarding pass and they gave us the medallions instead of the cruise card, everything else was the same and took about the same amount of time.  (except they had to figure out how to give a cruise card to my 18 month old since the medallions are 3 and up only)

Edited by nullroute
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I understand where you're coming from and wanting to do this.  Sure you can print documents at home and take them with you to the port.  All the info you put into the cruise personalizer is same info you would put into the app.  Either way is fine; what ever you feels is the easiest go with that