Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

16 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Rncath11,  yes there is a android version of the medallion app.  Did you download medallionclass app?

I downloaded the medallionclass™ app on my iphone but was then there was the ocean compass app?   Thanks for info on the android version 

The latest update to MedallionClass (9/30) FIXED issue of the app freezing on our Galaxy S10 and S8 running Android 9.  Thank you especially to Chantelle at MedallionClass support!  She took ownership of this problem and it was resolved only because of her involvement.  Chantelle, I hope to see you in Rome.

Edited by sfoak
grammer

22 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m curious as with the Medallion does this means that you can bypass the checkin desk?  How does the Medallion speed your boarding the ship & how do they know what level you’re at?

Thanks!

Tom😎

You still need to check-in at the counter...one line for those with the Medallion & another line for passengers who needed to get their Medallion.

Our Medallion’s color reflected our Captain’s Circle level & on the boarding pass from the app on our phone was our level.

For our boarding in LA the process was not any faster than previously with a cruise card.  In ports it wasn’t any faster either & for us it was primarily an electronic version of the cruise card which automatically unlocked our cabin’s door.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You still need to check-in at the counter...one line for those with the Medallion & another line for passengers who needed to get their Medallion.

Our Medallion’s color reflected our Captain’s Circle level & on the boarding pass from the app on our phone was our level.

For our boarding in LA the process was not any faster than previously with a cruise card.  In ports it wasn’t any faster either & for us it was primarily an electronic version of the cruise card which automatically unlocked our cabin’s door.

Thanks for your help. With things loaded on the Medallion do you still need to have a printed boarding pass or can you load that onto the Medallion in advance?

Tom😀

5 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for your help. With things loaded on the Medallion do you still need to have a printed boarding pass or can you load that onto the Medallion in advance?

Tom😀

You do not need it, but, as with everything, we always have a paper copy of all reservations stashed in my backpack (I'm in IT & always have a backup - LOL). If the system is working properly you just touch it to the scanner they have.

I agree with CruiseVA.  Until the medallion program is running smoothly for all ships;  it is good idea to print out your boarding pass from the cruise personalizer.   On my Feb cruise I had the ocean ready bar code with green checkmarks; which was my boarding pass; same as the paper copy.

Edited by AF-1
added txt

On 10/1/2019 at 11:42 PM, trbarton said:

I’m curious as with the Medallion does this means that you can bypass the checkin desk?  How does the Medallion speed your boarding the ship & how do they know what level you’re at?

Thanks!

Tom😎

We did not pay the postage to have the medallion mailed to us (and frankly i don't know why you would spend the money to have each medallion sent to you), so we did go to check in, but not really sure if that was because we did not have it before hand.  from there we went to another line and our pictures were checked and then we waited in line to board. Our level was blue and there were other colors depending on the level of membership.  When we left the ship for shore or returned, our medallion was used to check id but I did not find this any faster than a ship card. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, IrishLassie said:

Do they automatically send the Madallions out or do you have to request them?  I'm still so confused!  LOL

You can agree to have them sent to you, but you pay postage on EACH medallion mailed and I think it was 6 or 7$ each.  I thought that was a waste of money so we picked up at the terminal  By the way, the lanyard was free but there is a charge for the other types of holders.  I also thought the lanyard was long and there was not an adjustment clasp, you just had to knot it if you wanted to shorten it.

21 minutes ago, beabunny said:

You can agree to have them sent to you, but you pay postage on EACH medallion mailed and I think it was 6 or 7$ each.  I thought that was a waste of money so we picked up at the terminal  By the way, the lanyard was free but there is a charge for the other types of holders.  I also thought the lanyard was long and there was not an adjustment clasp, you just had to knot it if you wanted to shorten it.

medallions are shipped free ... you paid shipping on the other items you ordered ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beabunny said:

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

medallions are shipped free ... you paid shipping on the other items you ordered ...

12 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

voljeep is correct;  medallion with lanyard is shipped free

Here’s a screenshot showing no cost for our recently ordered Medallions which are shipped for free with a lanyard & holder.

F5A68EF3-970F-4B3D-A171-2DC09DFD1949.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

We save a screenshot of the app’s OceanReady Pass with QR code & then print it as a backup.  Unfortunately the option to “open & save OceanReady Pass” only opens the pass but it still lacks the “save” function.

In April we had B2B 7-day MedallionClass cruises (only way to book it) which were combined into one 14-day OR Pass.  To ensure that both of us could bring 2 fee free bottles of wine, we also printed both Cruise Personalizer’s boarding passes to have proof of our B2B bookings.

I prefer to be proactive & attempt to anticipate any snafus particularly during the transition to MedallionClass cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Astro Flyer,  good call.  I too did similar for my Feb ocean mdeallion cruise.  Had QR code with green checkmarks on iphone and had boarding pass as backup.  Got to FLL and breezed thru secirity; port security and onto the ship. 

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Astro Flyer,  good call.  I too did similar for my Feb ocean mdeallion cruise.  Had QR code with green checkmarks on iphone and had boarding pass as backup.  Got to FLL and breezed thru secirity; port security and onto the ship. 

Glad that you had a good experience at FLL. 👍

In LA we beat the check-in lines but still had to wait 5-10 minutes at the counter while they did something with our passports despite OceanReady being all “Green”.  MedallionClass is still a work in progress & hope to have your experience on our next cruise. 🙂

• Like 1

I have Ocean Ready and the Medallion apps on my phone and they both keep loosing our security and profile pictures.  I called Princess and they told me to delete the Ocean Ready app and only use the Medallion.  Anyone else do this?? I am afraid to delete something and have to start over.  

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, Rncath11 said:

I have read through most of the posts regarding the Medallionclass™ app and ordering the medallions. I just put a deposit on a Panama Cruise for December 2020. I downloaded the app and was able to see my booking, as well as, order my medallions. I am confused why there are so many apps associated with the medallionclass™ ships.  It would be nice if there is only app. Does anyone know how the apps work on android phones.  

OMG!! I agree, why are so many apps needed? I have not yet gone on the Medallion cruise, but we have one coming up and it's just confusing, also with the kids, I don't want them with their face stuck on a mobile device, nor do I need them having their own accounts to access Ocean Medallion, Ocean Ready... blah blah blah!!  It's frustrating in that sense, but I'm looking forward to trying out new technology and seeing how it "enhances" my cruise.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:32 AM, AF-1 said:

I believe when Sky launches in Oct; Princess will then see how well the medallion program works with a ship that was built for the medallion and was not retro fitted for it. This will be a telling feature how Princess will proceed with the future of the program.  I for one have been on one medallion cruise this year on Caribbean Princess.  I had no issues with the medallion; no glitches.  With that said; we shall see how Sky Princess does.  Hopefully it works like Princess wanted it to.  Have fun out there

Hope so!  We're on the Sky in January.  Regardless, we'll have fun.  We love cruising and won't be concerned about any little glitches that may come up.  A vacation, like life, is what you make of it! 

• Like 1

I just booked a Ocean Medallion Cruise next December on the Ruby. I’ve downloaded the app but when I added my confirmation number I get a message that “Your Booking Information does not match our records”. Everything on that page is correct. Am I too soon to register?

Thanks!

Tom🤔

10 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I just booked a Ocean Medallion Cruise next December on the Ruby. I’ve downloaded the app but when I added my confirmation number I get a message that “Your Booking Information does not match our records”. Everything on that page is correct. Am I too soon to register?

Thanks!

Tom🤔

For a December 2020 cruise it might be too early to access your booking on the MedallionClass app.

My cruises for Spring 2020 are listed on the app:

• Click on my name in upper left corner
  • OceanReady
  • My Journeys

We're presently sailing Crown Princess,  using the Medallion app. Check in was quickly done . Our security pictures are the ones we uploaded.  Much nicer than the mugshot you would have if they snapped as you embark.  If you haven't downloaded Medallion to a device it is free to do the first day of cruising.  Un other words, you don't use minutes to download it.  If you have free minutes as per a. Elite package,  you may use those, logging in and out each time, OR you can trade them in on a cruise long package ata further discount.  

That being said,  I  didn't think the connection was good enough to stream shows, videos,  etc. We did pay for the unlimited,  which we used a lot,  but we still had weak connections at many times.  

As for Medallion class on the ship,  we did like it. Lots of advantages.