Air France

laurieb

20 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Looking for feedback from anyone who's flown Air France recently; specifically comfort in economy and premium economy and quality of service/food.  Thanks!

What itinerary? What plane?

16 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I would consider other options.

Have never met a flight attendant who wasn't rude on AF.

However, if the price is right, I can overlook almost anything

I don't fly Air France very often, but I have met all across the spectrum. I specifically remember a flight attendant on a NIM-CDG flight a few years back who was just about the kindest I had ever met...and, frankly, that's a tough route customer wise, which makes it even more impressive.

2 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I don't fly Air France very often, but I have met all across the spectrum. I specifically remember a flight attendant on a NIM-CDG flight a few years back who was just about the kindest I had ever met...and, frankly, that's a tough route customer wise, which makes it even more impressive.

Wow...gotta admit that a flight to NIM isn't high on my "gotta do" radar.

A flight out of NIM - maybe a different story.  And concur on the AF flight attendants.  Like most airlines, it's a mixed bag depending on who gets what assignments.

As for PPT-LAX, you only have two choices - either AF or TN.  Most flights are overnight, so the food issue isn't significant IMO.  You'll get some kind of dinner catering and likely a cold lunch.  AF seems to be doing daylight flights, but even then you won't be getting anything out of the ordinary.

Equipment wise, AF uses the 777-200.  Operates only 3 days a week. The TN flights are mostly with a 787-900, with one A340 flight.   They operate nightly, with two other weekly flights.  One issue with the AF flights - they don't arrive until 6:40pm, so you may have connection issues into TUS.  TN flights are overnight.

One other option to consider is United's service via SFO.  787 equipment overnight.  Also, UA has been agressively pricing that route to try to generate traffic away from the LAX competition.

Personally, if I'm on an 8 hour flight in coach, I'd want to be on the one where I would be sleeping.  There would be nothing special for that time on a daylight flight, so I might as well be sleeping.  Now put me on a high-quality airline with great business/first seats and soft product - now daylight becomes more appealing for that length.  Such as enjoying the onboard bars on Emirates A380 or on Virgin Atlantic/Australia.

And as a point to remember - the airport at PPT is open-air, with no air conditioning and minimal ceiling fans.  So it will be hot.  (The TN lounge is air conditioned - you can access via a business class ticket or Priority Pass).

Flew AF a couple of years ago when my budget wouldn't allow biz class.  Decided to try their Premium Economy and wasn't a fan.  The "shell" seats were not comfortable at all.  For the minimal comfort/perks that I got above and beyond regular economy, it wasn't worth the additional cost in my opinion.

Greetings. We just took this flight two weeks ago.  We were in business and it was our first flight on Air France and we simply enjoyed everything about it.  The flight attendants were kind, polite and very attentive.  The food was very good and the wine selections were good.  In fact, they totally blew away American Airlines in business class.  Given an equal choice, I will certainly choose Air France over AA any day!

56 minutes ago, mygreyhound66 said:

Greetings. We just took this flight two weeks ago.  We were in business and it was our first flight on Air France and we simply enjoyed everything about it.  The flight attendants were kind, polite and very attentive.  The food was very good and the wine selections were good.  In fact, they totally blew away American Airlines in business class.  Given an equal choice, I will certainly choose Air France over AA any day!

Keep in mind - this post is about biz.

17 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Wow...gotta admit that a flight to NIM isn't high on my "gotta do" radar.

A flight out of NIM - maybe a different story.  And concur on the AF flight attendants.  Like most airlines, it's a mixed bag depending on who gets what assignments.

It's, uh...it's not the greatest place in the world.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:11 PM, laurieb said:

Looking for feedback from anyone who's flown Air France recently; specifically comfort in economy and premium economy and quality of service/food.  Thanks!

19 hours ago, mygreyhound66 said:

Greetings. We just took this flight two weeks ago.  We were in business

The OP is not flying business class, and both the seats and the food selections in premium economy will different than in business class.

We flew AF, business class a few years ago, Chicago-Paris and Paris-New Dehli. Great flight, service , very good food and wine. Excellent business class lounge in Paris. Last few flights to Europe on Lufthansa and KLM were in PE. While both good, the new seat pitch is very tight when the person in front of you moves seat all the way back. The problem lately is that it's very hard to using ff miles to get business class.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:23 AM, dabear said:

We flew AF, business class a few years ago, Chicago-Paris and Paris-New Dehli. Great flight, service , very good food and wine. Excellent business class lounge in Paris. Last few flights to Europe on Lufthansa and KLM were in PE. While both good, the new seat pitch is very tight when the person in front of you moves seat all the way back. The problem lately is that it's very hard to using ff miles to get business class.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:23 AM, dabear said:

I fly Air France businss class all the time and find that it is one of the easier airlines to find business class for 67;500 miles but this is from LAX to CDG, Rome, Barcelona or Lisbon. Alsoeasy from JFK and sometimes less miles. I am sure it makes a difference what route. Also, the easiest miles are to be found on the 388, not the 777 which is better if you are flying alone. I have never flown their premium economy but booked it once and was able to upgrade to business class at the airport for decent amount of $$$ plus some miles. 

I also was able to upgrade from PE to B class at the airport for an additional fee on one of the foreign airlines that I mentioned.   I'm hoping that I will be able to upgrade from PE to B on an upcoming flight on Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. Fingers crossed!

On 4/17/2019 at 2:36 PM, laurieb said:

777-200.  I'm looking at PPTLAX but really feedback on Air France in general would be helpful

Yup.....Excellent meals and service on that route  I flew Business for not much more than  Prem.   Worth it for the 7 hour

Get a window l side  for the first hour  its a show !!!