Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

I never miss an ice show!  Can't wait!  In everybody's opinion???? Will she be fully finished in time for January???  Folks are taking bets she won't, but I am hopeful she will be,  Mine is not until Sept 24 not worried about it.

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I never miss an ice show!  Can't wait!  In everybody's opinion???? Will she be fully finished in time for January???  Folks are taking bets she won't, but I am hopeful she will be,  Mine is not until Sept 24 not worried about it.

She will be early, It wouldn't surprise me to see some December sailings open

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

Having just browsed the deck plans, I did not see a concierge lounge for suite guests similar to what they have e.g. on the Allure of the Seas. Is this not part of the Icon? Where do you find the concierge? Is happy hour with free drinks gone? We really enjoyed this in the past, but perhaps with the suites only restaurants they see no need for a lounge. 🤔 

13 minutes ago, PrincessCatarina said:

Having just browsed the deck plans, I did not see a concierge lounge for suite guests similar to what they have e.g. on the Allure of the Seas. Is this not part of the Icon? Where do you find the concierge? Is happy hour with free drinks gone? We really enjoyed this in the past, but perhaps with the suites only restaurants they see no need for a lounge. 🤔 

I believe it is in the suite neighborhood. (Suite lounge, not concierge) At least that is what it says on line.

"Luxury is anything but boring in Royal Suite Class — and the groundbreaking new Icon of the Seas℠ takes it to plush new levels in the Suite Neighborhood. Just steps away from your room, discover a retreat with upscale amenities exclusively for suite guests. Soak up rays on the two-story Grove Suite Sun Deck or take a tranquil dip in the private pool and hot tub. Savor upscale cuisine at two restaurants for VIPs only. Indulge in the casual elegance of Coastal Kitchen or al fresco Mediterranean bliss at The Grove. And at the Suite Lounge, enjoy bites and cocktails over jaw-dropping views right into the heart of the revolutionary AquaDome℠.

These are most likely 17 of the Icon's lifeboats😁
Not a miscount. Apparently the 18th lifeboat is coming from Norway.🤨

From Palfinger Marine:
"Project accomplished!  Recently, 17 partially enclosed lifeboats left our production site in Qingdao, China, to reach a customer in Finland."

"
Fantastic achieved from Palfinger Marine Qingdao plant in . All 17 units of MPC49 lifeboats on the way with vessel BBC Nile to the end customer.  Thanks to the rest of Palfinger Marine offices at Netherlands and Norway for incredible support and teamwork
Take a look one of our biggest logistic operation from Qingdao plant."

📸Palfinger Marine & Andre
j Jovič

PalfingerMarine2.thumb.jpg.618562b2eb6a3e1905c3becb684688b1.jpg

AndrejJovi1.thumb.jpg.2ba173ce35eb3ae4eb82fbe455b2beea.jpg

AndrejJovi2.thumb.jpg.58547d74e422e968bbb79b9dc53353f7.jpg

AndrejJovi3.thumb.jpg.020547fa192ad64b66190f69be9fac9b.jpg

AndrejJovi4.thumb.jpg.5280173b55f6312d0ad5c0c28c0eb493.jpg

Palfinger Marine instagram 2.jpg

Palfinger Marine instagram 1.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:
These are most likely 17 of the Icon's lifeboats😁
Not a miscount. Apparently the 18th lifeboat is coming from Norway.🤨

From Palfinger Marine:
"Project accomplished!  Recently, 17 partially enclosed lifeboats left our production site in Qingdao, China, to reach a customer in Finland."

Didn’t realize they were building the lifeboats in China. I thought Mayer used another builder in Europe. 

Does anyone else think RCCL should revise Icon itineraries to not call at Mexican ports so frequently, given the recent security issues? I don’t think the State Dept “do not travel” warnings apply to the specific port regions where Icon guests will visit, but surely there is a risk of e.g. travel insurance policies dropping the country until things get better? I want to book, but so far all the dates that work for my family have the Western Caribbean itinerary, which gives me pause. I know we could just enjoy the ship and not get off…. 

2 hours ago, PrincessCatarina said:

Does anyone else think RCCL should revise Icon itineraries to not call at Mexican ports so frequently, given the recent security issues? I don’t think the State Dept “do not travel” warnings apply to the specific port regions where Icon guests will visit, but surely there is a risk of e.g. travel insurance policies dropping the country until things get better? I want to book, but so far all the dates that work for my family have the Western Caribbean itinerary, which gives me pause. I know we could just enjoy the ship and not get off…. 

Yes please change where she is sailing to Europe 😁👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PrincessCatarina said:

I think the criminal elements know not to mess with the cruise ports. They make too much money off tourists there to risk the cruise ships pulling up stakes. 

22 hours ago, PrincessCatarina said:

There is a bit of a problem in Cancun, but I've never heard of any at Cozumel or Porta Maya where there are armed guards on the pier. Even Roatan remains safe and the Honduran Navy is always cruising around.  I am not the least bit concerned and I trust RCCL to keep us safe.

58 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

There is a bit of a problem in Cancun, but I've never heard of any at Cozumel or Porta Maya where there are armed guards on the pier. Even Roatan remains safe and the Honduran Navy is always cruising around.  I am not the least bit concerned and I trust RCCL to keep us safe.

Costa maya had armed guards on the pier in feb when we went. 

Unconfirmed, but I believe the musical onboard will be Wizard of Oz.

Boring choice in my opinion, but is family-friendly and will be able to use lots of the tech elements and effects in the theatre. Also, potentially it will be the ALW version of the show as they have an established relationship producing other ALW shows. 

• Thanks 1

Wizard of Oz boring??  Growing up with Oz, never boring to me in over probably 50 or 60 times.  I'll welcome that with standing ovation!  Thanks for making my day!  BTW typo I meant Costa Maya not Porta Maya, I've been there 6 times.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NicNac4498 said:

Unconfirmed, but I believe the musical onboard will be Wizard of Oz.

Boring choice in my opinion, but is family-friendly and will be able to use lots of the tech elements and effects in the theatre. Also, potentially it will be the ALW version of the show as they have an established relationship producing other ALW shows. 

Nick Weir dropped a big hint (twice!) and I was finally able to understand the spacing of this tweet when you suggested this: the first letters of each chunk of words is TWOO. 

A3F0EB3A-F3D9-434E-AD13-ECF48F534CA8.jpeg

• Like 1