Taking in cokes in our carry on

Joannawog

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

Can I take less than 12 cans, say 6, or does it have to be a closed 12 pack? Are 20 ounce plastic bottles allowed?

No problem taking a couple of cans, but no soda or water bottles allowed.

Official policy:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTU2MzY3MDk0L3NpZC9mVWFVeXZ1ZTk3cWl0TVdFNCU3RVdRYmNDTlRxMFlJbjZ5RnNtaW5peUlqWEZGcHRacXphdzRSY0JqT0FxNDZ3WXBRcDRxZDZLdFlxNEc2bDNCMUp5WkJLRU8wbHdESEZ3bzAwUW53ajhUZWxKcWVObm5sJTdFS3dWT1ZnJTIxJTIx

6 hours ago, Rosefloater said:

No problem taking a couple of cans, but no soda or water bottles allowed.

I usually take a bottle of wine (wrapped in bubble wrap) and 4-6 loose soft drinks in a grocery bag that flattens and goes back into our luggage easily.

We will have 5 of us on this upcoming cruise, and a 12-pack each... so I got a small upright cart with wheels that will hold at least 4 twelve-packs (may need to put the 5th on top, or open it up and put them loose in the cart). Here's the link so you can see what I'm talking about:

https://smile.amazon.com/Bigger-Multipurpose-Rolling-Collapsible-Utility/dp/B0077LQQI0/ref=sr_1_39?keywords=rolling+bag&qid=1556376439&s=gateway&sr=8-39

(the wine will be in my backpack!!)

Edited by Shaded Lady

13 minutes ago, twinkiegrl333 said:

I used to be able to take 12oz water bottles on. They don’t let you anymore?

You cannot take bottles on. I know this has been a rule for several years.

A case of water is $5 from Carnival. 

3 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

We will have 5 of us on this upcoming cruise, and a 12-pack each... so I got a small upright cart with wheels that will hold at least 4 twelve-packs (may need to put the 5th on top, or open it up and put them loose in the cart). Here's the link so you can see what I'm talking about:

https://smile.amazon.com/Bigger-Multipurpose-Rolling-Collapsible-Utility/dp/B0077LQQI0/ref=sr_1_39?keywords=rolling+bag&qid=1556376439&s=gateway&sr=8-39

So you are carrying them all for your group?  My husband and I wanted to put our 2-12 packs in his carryone and was checking to make sure that it's ok for him to carry mine???

3 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I assume you are all boarding together, correct?

34 minutes ago, Joannawog said:

So you are carrying them all for your group?  My husband and I wanted to put our 2-12 packs in his carryone and was checking to make sure that it's ok for him to carry mine???

I carry all 48 sodas on for my family. You'll be fine. 

2 hours ago, Joannawog said:

As teknoge3k said you can carry them together... just tell them you’re boarding with your husband... even if he’s not in the immediate vicinity they can tell that you’re booked together. 

Last cruise my hubby and I were separated and he went through security well ahead of me.  I followed with the sodas and nothing was ever said. 

2 hours ago, Sparky2 said:

I assume you are all boarding together, correct?

Yes, but even if we weren’t it’s been my experience that they don’t fuss, especially if you tell them you’re sailing with a specific number of people.

3 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

You cannot take bottles on. I know this has been a rule for several years.

A case of water is $5 from Carnival. 

I haven’t cruised Carnival in 4 years but every cruise I took with them you could bring water or soda and they didn’t have an option to buy water on board. They just sold the 1 liters for like $4 a bottle. You can get a case from them now?

13 minutes ago, twinkiegrl333 said:

I haven’t cruised Carnival in 4 years but every cruise I took with them you could bring water or soda and they didn’t have an option to buy water on board. They just sold the 1 liters for like $4 a bottle. You can get a case from them now?

Here's your water options to purchase on board. You can take water in cans or cartons, just no bottles of any can. Except your wine, of course. 

watter.PNG

• 1 month later...

It is amazing now the Parent Line, Carnival DOES NOT ALLOW us to bring on Water Bottles.

In tring to find an answer:

"People fill them with Alcohol" was my finding.

I had no idea this happens too.

In other of Carnival Lines you may bring them aboard.

Here in the most competitive market place in the world;

We buy bottled Water from a Rochester, Monroe County, NY firm at less than a nickle a bottle. It BTW is botteld and shipped from California.

On ordering on Carnival ..WAIT till the ships go into International Waters as that way NO TAX is Charged to you!

WatchOut now as well for the (so called) Delivery Fees..

Edited by AAAAmerican

On 4/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, twinkiegrl333 said:

I may be reading this wrong but they were asking about a water bottle. 

You can take an empty water bottle onboard. If you are looking from bottled water, the easiest way is to purchase from Carnival. 

On 4/27/2019 at 5:06 PM, twinkiegrl333 said:

23 hours ago, nydney1 said:

I may be reading this wrong but they were asking about a water bottle. 

You can take an empty water bottle onboard. If you are looking from bottled water, the easiest way is to purchase from Carnival. 

I think they were asking about bringing water and soda, not a water bottle.  

On 6/16/2019 at 2:50 AM, AAAAmerican said:

It is amazing now the Parent Line, Carnival DOES NOT ALLOW us to bring on Water Bottles.

In tring to find an answer:

"People fill them with Alcohol" was my finding.

I had no idea this happens too.

In other of Carnival Lines you may bring them aboard.

Here in the most competitive market place in the world;

We buy bottled Water from a Rochester, Monroe County, NY firm at less than a nickle a bottle. It BTW is botteld and shipped from California.

On ordering on Carnival ..WAIT till the ships go into International Waters as that way NO TAX is Charged to you!

WatchOut now as well for the (so called) Delivery Fees..

You'd have a heart attack if you cruised on NCL and saw what they charge for bottled water.   They used to charge 59.95, 39.95 & 22.95.  It has now been reduced to 44.95, 27.95 & 14.95.  This is for 24 count, 12 count & 6 count 1 ltr bottles.  And they add 20% gratuity.  So a 6 pack is 3.00 a bottle after gratuity.

Edited by SNJCruisers

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You'd have a heart attack if you cruised on NCL and saw what they charge for bottled water.   They used to charge 59.95, 39.95 & 22.95.  It has now been reduced to 44.95, 27.95 & 14.95.  This is for 24 count, 12 count & 6 count 1 ltr bottles.  And they add 20% gratuity.  So a 6 pack is 3.00 a bottle after gratuity.

Dear SNJCruisers,

Yes we have cruised befor on NCLH (NCL) and sa so many ways of offshore robbery on those ships. They as well have the Highest FEE which is the Tips/Gratuities too.

Did you know before in the Somers Isles (Bermuda) they Tacked on the Three Ports Fees? Yes even though the Bermudian Government only chages Once even for ships docking in all three Ports?  I wager a Layewr, Attorney, Barristewr etc.. took them in action to court..

The firm now, NCLH  BTW is actually Asian!

59 minutes ago, AAAAmerican said:

Dear SNJCruisers,

Yes we have cruised befor on NCLH (NCL) and sa so many ways of offshore robbery on those ships. They as well have the Highest FEE which is the Tips/Gratuities too.

Did you know before in the Somers Isles (Bermuda) they Tacked on the Three Ports Fees? Yes even though the Bermudian Government only chages Once even for ships docking in all three Ports?  I wager a Layewr, Attorney, Barristewr etc.. took them in action to court..

The firm now, NCLH  BTW is actually Asian!

Not for awhile now but why would you care? 

9 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

Not for awhile now but why would you care? 

Oh well caring and knowing that NCLH is Asian HQ is a must in Fin Serv, maybe not to you as most do not even know Lt. Col. Paul Revere went to Cour Martial as per the loss of most US Warships om the Penobscot River in what is Maine now. Or Ben Franklin was a servant to his brother till he died. Inasmuch as it is called FACT.