Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

This is a fun little sale...but we got a GC for Christmas - and I can't seem to figure out how to add it as OBC or to pay for an excursion. I'm hesitant to purchase more - as I see it my only options are a credit card or paypal?

1 minute ago, amypete said:

This is a fun little sale...but we got a GC for Christmas - and I can't seem to figure out how to add it as OBC or to pay for an excursion. I'm hesitant to purchase more - as I see it my only options are a credit card or paypal?

I believe that you have to call to use it😃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I believe that you have to call to use it😃

Well that makes it easy......NOT! Who knows how to talk on the phone any more, geez!

I do appreciate on Carnival you have the GC option for payment (I think)

24 minutes ago, 63 Super Sport said:

Please let me know the link for the gift card promo. I have not received the announcement from Princess.

Thanks.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/?cid=brand_email_promo_internal_giftcard_other_pf9md055_190429_mothersday&eccn=7FTCKK3ZHM4FQWP7XJDGL2DQSM&rrid=598595953A&mi_u=598595953A

😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks for the heads up........

If it is like the ones in the past you can only get 1 $50 bonus card.

You could not do it multiple times.

If anyone has luck with getting more than 1 let us know.

Terms is one per customer, so I guess two people in the room mean each person can get one...haven't tried it yet though.

• Like 1

I might go for this promo. The only time I did it was a much better promo. Buy $500 and get $40.  The "bonus" card was an ecard and had a limited life. Use it within the time period or lose it. Still, I have 2 cruises I booked that I haven't paid for yet. $50 free is more money than many are griping about from the gratuity raise.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks for the heads up........

If it is like the ones in the past you can only get 1 $50 bonus card.

You could not do it multiple times.

If anyone has luck with getting more than 1 let us know.

35 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Terms is one per customer, so I guess two people in the room mean each person can get one...haven't tried it yet though.

I wouldn't count on getting more than one but it's an interesting idea - especially as some folks have different last names.

Gotta love the pictures of people on the cards. It's like the Princess promos... Where are these people? None of the people they show in adds, on the web site, and on the cards look like the typical passengers we see onboard. They all seem to be maybe 35 years old with totally fit bodies. Sheesh...

Ah, well. Off to purchase a card. Would love to hear if anybody manages to buy one for themselves and another under their spouse's/significant other's/partner's, etc. name. Hmm... Perhaps I can get one or two of my kids to buy one. Same last name but different address, phone number, etc.

• Haha 1

Travel insurance and giftcards that are applied to amounts, such as cruise fare, that are non-refundable or have a cancel penalty schedule ... 

Advisable to keep a paper trail of the giftcards purchased, such as your credit card statement and any email confirmations.  Because, should one need to file a claim, some travel insurance may not reimburse amounts paid by giftcards UNLESS you can prove you actually bought the cards.

Got this info from Travel Guard rep a couple of years ago.  So, check with your travel insurance AND keep a paper trail.  

1 hour ago, Cruisingisthebestfun said:

Thank you so much. Got $100. 😊

Sooooo... Did you purchase two separate cards for $1,000 each or a single card for $2,000? I haven''t purchased mine yet but will be doing so soon. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

48 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sooooo... Did you purchase two separate cards for $1,000 each or a single card for $2,000? I haven''t purchased mine yet but will be doing so soon. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I perchase 2 separate gift cards.  $1000 gift card was to myself and another $1000 gift card was from DH to me using same credit card.  You could try to purchase more then 2 if you want. We have done it before and got extra OBC.

Edited by Cruisingisthebestfun
  • Like 1