Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

9 minutes ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

Gosh I haven’t been on cruise critic in ages!  So what’s the scoop on this gift card, assuming you can procure one:)?  My main question/concern is what happens if you apply it to a future cruise and for some reason have to cancel??   I did skim this thread and if that was answered I missed it.  Thanks!

Should be like any other payment. Refunded if appropriate. It's no different than applying a payment by credit card or cash. As for getting them, one person seems to have done it by calling Princess which would likely take longer but may be more reliable.

1 hour ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

Gosh I haven’t been on cruise critic in ages!  So what’s the scoop on this gift card, assuming you can procure one:)?  My main question/concern is what happens if you apply it to a future cruise and for some reason have to cancel??   I did skim this thread and if that was answered I missed it.  Thanks!

Suggest you check the giftcard FAQs on Princess site ... but I believe that if you cancel before penalties kick in, Princess will refund any gift card monies applied to that booking in the form of a new giftcard

Edited by pms4104

6 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Suggest you check the giftcard FAQs on Princess site ... but I believe that if you cancel before penalties kick in, Princess will refund any gift card monies applied to that booking in the form of a new giftcard

They like to dump the amount back onto the same giftcard. So, keep the digital file with the Number and PIN until after you have cruised. 

19 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

They like to dump the amount back onto the same giftcard. So, keep the digital file with the Number and PIN until after you have cruised. 

Having read the FAQs, I don't believe that to be the normal process ... but good advice to keep card and record of PIN just in case

On 4/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, Thrak said:

Gotta love the pictures of people on the cards. It's like the Princess promos... Where are these people? None of the people they show in adds, on the web site, and on the cards look like the typical passengers we see onboard. They all seem to be maybe 35 years old with totally fit bodies. Sheesh...

Ah, well. Off to purchase a card. Would love to hear if anybody manages to buy one for themselves and another under their spouse's/significant other's/partner's, etc. name. Hmm... Perhaps I can get one or two of my kids to buy one. Same last name but different address, phone number, etc.

Of course you can.  We did ... no problems.  They just need to be done in separate transactions.  I jumped on this the day it came out ... bought my cards and called my TA to apply $2100 to a booked cruise ... the 2 $1000 ones and the 2 $50 ones.  

Regarding another post:  The $50 ones, which expire on 7/31/19, just need to be applied to a payment to Princess, whether on a cruise or towards a future sailing by the expiration date.  If used for a future cruise, it can set sail well after the expiry, it just needs to be applied before then.  

53 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

That is exactly what we were told.  

On 5/6/2019 at 10:06 AM, CruzinNoony said:

I just spent 1 hour on the phone on hold (855-426-0168).  Very frustrating, but I finally was able to speak to a very nice person (Porsche) and I purchased 4 cards, each for $1000.00 and got the bonus for each.  No problem, once you get through.  But, it requires lots of patience (and time!)

Thanks to your information, I called and got Porsche in about 4 minutes.  She was great, and we have our 2 emailed cards.  She said the gift cards would come in 24 hours, so we will see.  I told her she was on Cruise Critic, as a great representative, and she was tickled.

I purchased four and the people at my online TA were EXtra good about getting them applied (meaning 8!) . Jewel was on the phone with me then called me back when the slow person at Princess got them all applied. She also figured out that Princess had taken away and reapplied and then took away our Future Cruise Credit! So bless her heart, she stayed on the phone with them trying to get that squared away!  I tell you, I'm actually very impressed at how much personal assistance I have gotten from this big travel site. And glad I found those additional emails with the gift card info in my spam folder. 

5 hours ago, merryjewelhound said:

Told I will have the gift card with in 48 hours. Will wait and see.

I bought mine today and had the gift card  within 5 minutes. It's hard to understand why some get it and others have to jump through hoops.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 1:46 AM, Thrak said:

Not a problem at all. I asked to apply the three $50 e-cards as OBC on my cruise in October. I obviously can't wait until the cruise as the "bonus" cards expire the end of July. I gave them the card numbers and the PINs and the OBC was applied.

thanks for the info.

Of course I called and added it as OBC for my sailing next week or so I thought this morning.  The Rep totally screwed up and added it as a credit on an already fully paid booking instead.  I have no idea what the heck she did and neither does the new rep.

So I'm holding as they are on with revenue management trying to fix the situation. The new Rep has never seen this before so we have no clue as how they can handle it.  

15 hours ago, STREETKING said:

I bought mine today and had the gift card  within 5 minutes. It's hard to understand why some get it and others have to jump through hoops.

I'm still jumping!!!  Called yesterday and was told they were aware of the online problem and it was being fixed.  Tried again this morning and got the same "unable to complete".  So now I'll try calling Porsche.

So I'm wondering what happens if you overpay the cruise with the gift cards? I know if you do it with the credit card, the accounting office sends the card on file a credit within 2 days (they say 10 but it's always been 2 when I refare a paid cruise to a lower fare). Would the overage go to the card on file or a new gift card?

Edited by Ombud
Quoted wrong post ...

Just a heads up.  I was waiting for my bonus gift card for $200.00 to arrive and just now checked my junk file.  There it was!!  It was sent last night around 9pm.  My 4 $1000 gift cards arrived right away on Monday morning when I bought them on the phone (with Porsche).  Now, I am going to call Princess and have the $200.00 applied to my OBC for my upcoming cruise.  Thank you OP for posting this.  Otherwise, I would have missed out!

I was able to purchase four sets last Thursday, using 2 separate credit cards and 2 email addresses.  Today I tried to purchase one for my father, using my computer, but his credit card and email address. I attempted 3 times and they were all denied. The first attempt had his billing phone number wrong (mistyped) so I don't know if that was the problem, or the fact that I was using the same computer and had not cleared cookies that may have been the problem.

Going to try for him tonight on a work computer and see if that makes any difference.

I have told my entire family about this promotion for our August cruise, and I would feel horrible if everyone else has these problems.

@flutprop  After a couple unsuccessful attempts I thought the same thing as you about clearing cookies, using different card, etc. but the person I spoke with said after a failed attempt you need to wait 24 hours before trying again.  Also, look on your credit card statement and make sure address is EXACTLY, my problem was typing in Road instead of Rd

I used them as pymt on my November 2019 cruise. When you go into the personalizer to make a pymt it asks if you want to pay via credit card, PayPal, or gift card. Ez peasy 

1 hour ago, Joy_K said:

@flutprop  After a couple unsuccessful attempts I thought the same thing as you about clearing cookies, using different card, etc. but the person I spoke with said after a failed attempt you need to wait 24 hours before trying again.  Also, look on your credit card statement and make sure address is EXACTLY, my problem was typing in Road instead of Rd

Thanks for that info. Since I am using my fathers credit card, I will have him check his statement. He is nearly blind, and across the US from me, so I can not do it myself. He also does not do anything online, so can't even sign into his account to check that way. But it will give me a reason to call him in the morning :)

On 5/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, osofish2 said:

Thanks to your information, I called and got Porsche in about 4 minutes.  She was great, and we have our 2 emailed cards.  She said the gift cards would come in 24 hours, so we will see.  I told her she was on Cruise Critic, as a great representative, and she was tickled.

A little update-no $50 gift cards in 24  hours.  We got an email this morning that they were being processed, and will be sent to us (via email) in 3 to 5 days.  Will keep waiting!

53 minutes ago, osofish2 said:

A little update-no $50 gift cards in 24  hours.  We got an email this morning that they were being processed, and will be sent to us (via email) in 3 to 5 days.  Will keep waiting!

That's so weird! They really need to figure this out as I recall gift card options last November 

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That's so weird! They really need to figure this out as I recall gift card options last November 

Well guess what just arrived in our email-2 $50 gift cards!  Thank you Porsche, thank you Princess.