Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

26 minutes ago, RockiesLori said:

Does anyone know if the EZ Air payments can be made with the gift cards? We’re new to Princess and EZ air. Thanks 

It doesn't work that way. You have a total bill. Your EZAir is just a part of your total bill. You can use the gift card to pay all or any of it (I just learned this).

I did this promotion last year, but can't recall the answer to this. I have a couple credit cards that give cash back for travel. Does anyone know how this purchase is categorized on their credit card statement?

19 minutes ago, flutprop said:

I did this promotion last year, but can't recall the answer to this. I have a couple credit cards that give cash back for travel. Does anyone know how this purchase is categorized on their credit card statement?

My card lists the purchase as "other travel" but mine is a travel-rewards oriented card.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:50 PM, Love2cruise77 said:

Email titled: Pick the gift that lets Mom cruise!

Code: MOM50

Get $50 when you buy $1000.  Just got one and it worked. 😁

When reading the terms, it seems that the $1000 gift card does not expire but the $50 promo gift card must be used by July.  Is that how you understand it?

1 hour ago, silversneakers said:

When reading the terms, it seems that the $1000 gift card does not expire but the $50 promo gift card must be used by July.  Is that how you understand it?

Sort of, must be used by 7/31/2019. So I just applied them to my outstanding balance (due by August). 

1 hour ago, silversneakers said:

Yes, apply the free $50 card now before July and the $1000 one you can hold on to if needed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

Sort of, must be used by 7/31/2019. So I just applied them to my outstanding balance (due by August). 

Ombud, did you get the $50 with the $1000? I just got the directions for the $1000. My invoice says a $50 but does that come plastic form or do I need to get on the phone with Princess?

6 minutes ago, amypete said:

Ombud, did you get the $50 with the $1000? I just got the directions for the $1000. My invoice says a $50 but does that come plastic form or do I need to get on the phone with Princess?

I did. I actually got it twice but later than the $1000 one & on a separate email that looks like this:

Screenshot_20190501-172847_Gmail.jpg

Hmmm. THANKS for that information! Princess KNOWS I get one but I haven't gotten it yet. Better call. 

Plus the payments are all still pending. And I haven't gotten an email about one being denied (used same email twice) So I guess I have to actually CALL! 

Thanks again for the visual that really helps. 

Believe it or not, the other GC went to my spam! So be sure to check that if you can't find them!

Thank you again Ombud for the pic, that helped me find it. AND I found the third one.....how odd is that that some came through and some went to spam?

• Like 1

Just so I am clear:

You pay $1,000, and receive $1,000 + $50, with the $50 having to be applied to a booking before Jul 31 19?

Anybody know if these can be purchased in Canadian dollars??

Just now, Heyref said:

Just so I am clear:

You pay $1,000, and receive $1,000 + $50, with the $50 having to be applied to a booking before Jul 31 19?

Anybody know if these can be purchased in Canadian dollars??

Actually you can spend it onboard if you wish. It just has to be spent by 7/31/19 and the EASIEST thing for me to do was to apply it to the outstanding balance 

Do these 2 paragraphs help?

FAQ

Please note that Princess Cruises Plastic Gift Cards cannot be mailed to Canada so Canadian residents wishing to purchase a Gift Card should select the Digital Card option.

Digital gift cards redeemed by Canadian residents can only be used towards cruise passage for bookings made in US Dollars or onboard all Princess vessels at the passenger services desk. Princess Cruises Gift Cards cannot be applied towards cruise passage for bookings made in Canadian Dollars.

I got email for both $1k cards but not for the others. I don't use web mail so don't normally have a spam filter. Logged on and checked the stupid web mail (uggh) and the regular ones are there but not the $50 ones. Not in the spam folder there. When I click on the regular one it shows that the digital $50 cards were delivered YESTERDAY. I don't have them It offers to send again but, when I tried that, it said it can't send to the "new" email address. Sigh... Guess I'll call them tomorrow. At least it includes a phone number.

24 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I got email for both $1k cards but not for the others. I don't use web mail so don't normally have a spam filter. Logged on and checked the stupid web mail (uggh) and the regular ones are there but not the $50 ones. Not in the spam folder there. When I click on the regular one it shows that the digital $50 cards were delivered YESTERDAY. I don't have them It offers to send again but, when I tried that, it said it can't send to the "new" email address. Sigh... Guess I'll call them tomorrow. At least it includes a phone number.

If you go to the bottom of your receipt you can click on "track your order" which will take you to this page where you then select track again. 2 confirmations should show up, the $50 one is the 2nd one. Sorry it'll only let me in once a day so I can't attach that screenshot.

20190501_211453.jpg

Edited by Ombud

Caution, do not order by calling Princess. This is an online order only.

I called Princess  1 (855) 426-0168 because I was wary of purchasing the $1000 digital card  and not receiving the $50 bonus. My first mistake was calling before 8:00 am. 

It took 5 phone calls and an hour later to straighten out that the MOM50 code was not entered by the telephones sales agent. I should have known there was an issue when each agent referred me to the number I had just called. Also, my confirmation email was addressed to Margaret, the Princess agent,  not me, Sandra. 

When I finally reached a supervisor, she took me through the steps of online purchasing and the process was simple. Including entering the MOM50 code. She will email me the $50 digital card today. 

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic. 

• Like 1

My e-cards had still not show up by early this afternoon so I was going to call Princess. Thought I'd give it one more try and used the "send again" option (again). This time it worked and I got both of them.  I love free stuff. I really ought to get my son to "gift" me a couple more. It's not as if I don't owe Princess a bunch of money that I'll have to pay sooner or later. I can get the plastic cards and hang onto them until I want to give Princess my money and go ahead and use the e-cards now since they have expiration dates.

• Like 1

Question regarding e-cards:  I'm wondering if it's possible to use the $50 e-cards to purchase advance OBC for a cruise that happens well after they expire. If the cruise was soon I could just hit the PSD and add them to the account but I want to use them for OBC for a cruise in October (I have zip for benefits on that cruise.) I could call Princess and ask - I don't see why it wouldn't work - but just wondered if anybody here had done so in the past.- used a gift card to purchase OBC. I would definitely have to get Princess to do it as the web site only offers PayPal or Credit Card as payment for OBC.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:03 PM, pms4104 said:

Travel insurance and giftcards that are applied to amounts, such as cruise fare, that are non-refundable or have a cancel penalty schedule ... 

Advisable to keep a paper trail of the giftcards purchased, such as your credit card statement and any email confirmations.  Because, should one need to file a claim, some travel insurance may not reimburse amounts paid by giftcards UNLESS you can prove you actually bought the cards.

Got this info from Travel Guard rep a couple of years ago.  So, check with your travel insurance AND keep a paper trail.  

So this post has me wondering....

If you have Princess insurance, would it get paid first if you use the gift card?  What happens if you cancel before the penalty time?  Are you out the insurance cost?  Can you specify not to pay the insurance?  Have the same question about EZ Air.

In general, if you cancel before the penalty period how does your money get refunded if you have used a gift card?

Does the sale happen for other holidays?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by happy cruzer

Just ordered another (too many email addresses, haha) 

And it's nice to get 2000 points per purchase on my Princess Visa! I'll be using those points and the others to cover whatever cruise costs I can! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

So this post has me wondering....

If you have Princess insurance, would it get paid first if you use the gift card?  What happens if you cancel before the penalty time?  Are you out the insurance cost?  Can you specify not to pay the insurance?  Have the same question about EZ Air.

In general, if you cancel before the penalty period how does your money get refunded if you have used a gift card?

Does the sale happen for other holidays?

Thanks in advance for your help.

In all honesty, I am unable to answer your questions.  Sorry 'bout that, but I suggest that you contact both Princess and your travel insurer, as their rules would dictate how your payments and refunds might be handled.

My original post was meant as a caution to get people here to question "what if ...?"

The reason I sought Travel Guard input a couple of years ago was that I bought and applied gift cards, which I bought at 10% off, to pay our entire cruise fare for 14 nights in a full suite.  Not Princess, but I didn't want any problems in case I did need to file a claim.

So ... I would make those calls to put tour mind at ease.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, candide333 said:

Caution, do not order by calling Princess. This is an online order only.

I called Princess  1 (855) 426-0168 because I was wary of purchasing the $1000 digital card  and not receiving the $50 bonus. My first mistake was calling before 8:00 am. 

It took 5 phone calls and an hour later to straighten out that the MOM50 code was not entered by the telephones sales agent. I should have known there was an issue when each agent referred me to the number I had just called. Also, my confirmation email was addressed to Margaret, the Princess agent,  not me, Sandra. 

When I finally reached a supervisor, she took me through the steps of online purchasing and the process was simple. Including entering the MOM50 code. She will email me the $50 digital card today. 

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic. 

I tried to do it on line.  I used the first (left) option for the gift card.  I had to put in "to" and "from" and a note for the gift.  So the next page was the amounts.  I put in for two $1000 gift cards and the promotion code MOM50.  Then it took me to the purchase page with a review your order.  It only listed two gift cards for $1000 each, no $50 extra gift cards so I didn't purchase.

What am I doing wrong? 

2 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I tried to do it on line.  I used the first (left) option for the gift card.  I had to put in "to" and "from" and a note for the gift.  So the next page was the amounts.  I put in for two $1000 gift cards and the promotion code MOM50.  Then it took me to the purchase page with a review your order.  It only listed two gift cards for $1000 each, no $50 extra gift cards so I didn't purchase.

What am I doing wrong? 

I did it one card at a time. I don't know that it will work to buy two at once.

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I did it one card at a time. I don't know that it will work to buy two at once.

Thrak, you are right.  I'm just doing the first one for $1000.  Now it asks for a shipping address.  Do you have to wait to get these cards in hand before you can apply them to your booked cruise?