Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

8 hours ago, caribill said:

It has been 12 hours since these two posts were made.

Hey Thrak and shanecindy21403, are you guys still on hold?

Once I had the Credit Card person involved I didn't want to cut them off after their patience so I kept on waiting. I watched Golf on TV while on hold. The Princess hold music is horrible. After maybe half an hour or a bit more Princess picked up. The woman said she wasn't the right department and put us on hold again. Fast (or sloooooow) forward another 20 minutes and they picked up again. The rep says it's not their fault and it is the fault of the vendor Princess hired to do the gift card fulfillment. (Perhaps Bob's House 'O Card Fulfillment, Fabric Store, and Comic Book Emporium?). The card person told them repeatedly to approve the charges. Definitely. Period. We both told her over and over that my address is correct. I've lived here for 30 years. The address is the one on my passport, my drivers license, in the Princess files, etc. "It's the vendor". GAH!!!  The charge still shows as 'Pending' on the credit card site but we did end up getting the email from Princess denying the charge. I give up. This card fulfillment company may well be the ONLY company with worse IT than Princess.

Edited by Thrak

On 5/5/2019 at 6:01 AM, pms4104 said:

I recognize that $50 is a nice chunk of "found" money ...

But at some point, it would seem that the value of time and energy invested to get that money would outweigh the reward offered

So true!! If it takes up a significant chunk of my day off time I can't pursue it. My 3rd card has a problem. 

8 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Has anyone been successful in buying the gift cards on line yet?

Yes & no - my first order went through w/o any problems 🤗 My 2nd order not so easy - 🙁 I received an email that order was denied - charge was posted to my credit card but charge was credited - I then placed another w/a princess representative & I received an email w/$1000 gift card but not the promotional $50 gc - another phone call being told it could take up to 3 days to receive it - I wasn’t buying that - after 2 more phone calls it all got straighten out - speaking to the right person, Sarah in customer service, was what it took. Good luck!!!

• Like 1

I just spent 1 hour on the phone on hold (855-426-0168).  Very frustrating, but I finally was able to speak to a very nice person (Porsche) and I purchased 4 cards, each for $1000.00 and got the bonus for each.  No problem, once you get through.  But, it requires lots of patience (and time!)

I placed an order on line at 0730. Waited till just now and nothing. Called and spoke with rep who said card was cancelled. Transferred to Margaret who sent me the main gift card. She sent an email to the company who processes the card and waiting to find out how it will be sent. No waiting was fast and easy. Just hope getting the $50 goes smoothly.

Many orders are being cancelled as the fulfillment company says the address on the order doesn't match the address for the credit card. It is quite obvious that the fulfillment company is at fault. It boggles the mind that Princess would contract with such a pathetically inept company.

5 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Has anyone been successful in buying the gift cards on line yet?

Yes. Bought 1 for $1000 on Saturday (had a bit a problem that it did not want to verify my address) finally got that transaction completed. Found out that if I used an abbreviation for drive as DR. then it would go through <geez>

Bought 1 on Sunday, no problem.

6 hours ago, smelmel said:

Yes & no - my first order went through w/o any problems 🤗 My 2nd order not so easy - 🙁 I received an email that order was denied - charge was posted to my credit card but charge was credited - I then placed another w/a princess representative & I received an email w/$1000 gift card but not the promotional $50 gc - another phone call being told it could take up to 3 days to receive it - I wasn’t buying that - after 2 more phone calls it all got straighten out - speaking to the right person, Sarah in customer service, was what it took. Good luck!!!

Could I ask  if you noticed how the sale was described on your credit card account - Princess Cruises? or Gift Card? That would make a difference on our Sams Club credit card - 3% cash back or 1% cash back.

1 hour ago, Griller said:

Could I ask  if you noticed how the sale was described on your credit card account - Princess Cruises? or Gift Card? That would make a difference on our Sams Club credit card - 3% cash back or 1% cash back.

It says Princess - you’ll get your 3% cash back. I used my Costco Visa card - making this offer a win/win/win 🤗

5 hours ago, sfkaren said:

I was able to purchase two yesterday without a hiccup. I've received emails for both gift cards and bonus gift cards.

3 hours ago, jparker10508 said:

No problems here.  Did one yesterday and one today.  Both days the confirmations came through immediately and have been applied to a future cruise already.  This was with a Costco Visa card.

Did you purchase the e-cards or the physical ones?

I purchased the physical cards. The first two arrived in the mail today and one shipped today. I already applied the 3 e-cards. The others all bombed and told my cc company the problem was "address doesn't match" which is astounding since it's the same address as the ones that went through fine.

On 5/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Thrak said:

Yes. The $50 cards are definitely e-cards. The have a 16 digit number and a 4 number PIN. I called Princess to apply them as OBC on a cruise that occurs after their expiration date and it went fine.

Doesn't matter. Only difference is that you can apply the e-cards immediately whereas the plastic cards must be received in snail mail before you will have the information needed to use the card.

They had no issues letting you use the gift card for purchasing OBC?

I thought we had to wait until we were on the ship to use it this way. Guess I was given incorrect info!

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

They had no issues letting you use the gift card for purchasing OBC?

I thought we had to wait until we were on the ship to use it this way. Guess I was given incorrect info!

Not a problem at all. I asked to apply the three $50 e-cards as OBC on my cruise in October. I obviously can't wait until the cruise as the "bonus" cards expire the end of July. I gave them the card numbers and the PINs and the OBC was applied.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:03 AM, Thrak said:

Question regarding e-cards:  I'm wondering if it's possible to use the $50 e-cards to purchase advance OBC for a cruise that happens well after they expire. If the cruise was soon I could just hit the PSD and add them to the account but I want to use them for OBC for a cruise in October (I have zip for benefits on that cruise.) I could call Princess and ask - I don't see why it wouldn't work - but just wondered if anybody here had done so in the past.- used a gift card to purchase OBC. I would definitely have to get Princess to do it as the web site only offers PayPal or Credit Card as payment for OBC.

I've done this in the past, called princess gave them the card information and had them add it to my OBC. As long as you have a booking number it should be no problem.

Good Luck,

Brad

On 4/29/2019 at 7:12 PM, Thrak said:

I might go for this promo. The only time I did it was a much better promo. Buy $500 and get $40.  The "bonus" card was an ecard and had a limited life. Use it within the time period or lose it. Still, I have 2 cruises I booked that I haven't paid for yet. $50 free is more money than many are griping about from the gratuity raise.

I know this was an 'old' post but when was this promo? I still owe $800 for November 2019 cruise so not interested in a 3rd $1000 + $50 MOM50 ecard. 

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I know this was an 'old' post but when was this promo? I still owe $800 for November 2019 cruise so not interested in a 3rd $1000 + $50 MOM50 ecard. 

Not sure. Probably in 2015. Long ago. You could always get another of the current cards and apply $800 to the cost of the cruise and the rest as OBC or you could just keep the rest for later. The three I bought are just a drop in the bucket as I owe over $6k for my cruise in October and over $3k for the one in November.

Edited by Thrak

Gosh I haven’t been on cruise critic in ages!  So what’s the scoop on this gift card, assuming you can procure one:)?  My main question/concern is what happens if you apply it to a future cruise and for some reason have to cancel??   I did skim this thread and if that was answered I missed it.  Thanks!