Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

4 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Thrak, you are right.  I'm just doing the first one for $1000.  Now it asks for a shipping address.  Do you have to wait to get these cards in hand before you can apply them to your booked cruise?

If you are buying a physical (plastic) card you can't use it until you have it in hand. If you buy an e-card you can use it as soon as the email comes. I just called Princess and applied my two bonus cards as OBC for a cruise in October. The two $1k cards I purchased as physical cards and will hang onto them until closer to final payment. I won't have access to them until they arrive in the mail.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you are buying a physical (plastic) card you can't use it until you have it in hand. If you buy an e-card you can use it as soon as the email comes. I just called Princess and applied my two bonus cards as OBC for a cruise in October. The two $1k cards I purchased as physical cards and will hang onto them until closer to final payment. I won't have access to them until they arrive in the mail.

Sorry to be such a pain but do you suggest buying the plastic card or e-card for applying as part payment to a booked cruise?

26 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

I plan on buying 2 this weekend.

My question is: If you buy 2 cards that are actual physical cards, will the $50 bonus be e-cards?

Thanks everyone who has already done this for explanations.

Yes. The $50 cards are definitely e-cards. The have a 16 digit number and a 4 number PIN. I called Princess to apply them as OBC on a cruise that occurs after their expiration date and it went fine.

5 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Sorry to be such a pain but do you suggest buying the plastic card or e-card for applying as part payment to a booked cruise?

Doesn't matter. Only difference is that you can apply the e-cards immediately whereas the plastic cards must be received in snail mail before you will have the information needed to use the card.

4 hours ago, amypete said:

Just ordered another (too many email addresses, haha) 

And it's nice to get 2000 points per purchase on my Princess Visa! I'll be using those points and the others to cover whatever cruise costs I can! 

Ordered 3 the first time using my own email address. Third one was declined. Ordered 2 more this morning using my wife's email address. Second one was declined. Ah, well... I did get 3.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, candide333 said:

Caution, do not order by calling Princess. This is an online order only.

I called Princess  1 (855) 426-0168 because I was wary of purchasing the $1000 digital card  and not receiving the $50 bonus. My first mistake was calling before 8:00 am. 

It took 5 phone calls and an hour later to straighten out that the MOM50 code was not entered by the telephones sales agent. I should have known there was an issue when each agent referred me to the number I had just called. Also, my confirmation email was addressed to Margaret, the Princess agent,  not me, Sandra. 

When I finally reached a supervisor, she took me through the steps of online purchasing and the process was simple. Including entering the MOM50 code. She will email me the $50 digital card today. 

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic. 

Me again.  I tried to order the $1000 digital card with the $50 bonus on line.  I used the MOM50 code and it seemed to go through.  Got a confirmation number that I printed plus an e-mail that it was pending.  A few minutes later got another e-mail saying that they were not able to complete my order and to call.

I was on the phone over an hour with the rep.  She kept putting me on hold then requested the same info I gave her previously.  She then said that the promo code MOM50 wouldn't take with a digital card but had to order a physical card.  Also she said only one to a household.  Then said she had to transfer me to a live person (what was she, dead?)  Was put on hold again.  After another half hour I gave up. 

I then e-mailed giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com and awaiting their reply.

It wasn’t until I spoke to a Princess supervisor, the 5th person, that my $50 bonus was initiated. Later, that day, I got the confirmation email with code. 

The supervisor admitted there were many untrained reps. I would call tomorrow after 8 am and insist that you speak with a supervisor in the gift card support  department. The first times I called, I was told I had the wrong department, and then was given a phone number that I had just called.   Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, candide333 said:

It wasn’t until I spoke to a Princess supervisor, the 5th person, that my $50 bonus was initiated. Later, that day, I got the confirmation email with code. 

The supervisor admitted there were many untrained reps. I would call tomorrow after 8 am and insist that you speak with a supervisor in the gift card support  department. The first times I called, I was told I had the wrong department, and then was given a phone number that I had just called.   Good luck. 

Please post that phone number. that worked.

Sorry, but all of the calls were to the listed help number (855) 426-0168. The first three  times I was forwarded to another rep  who didn’t know what they were doing. They insisted I called the wrong number, but would then  give me the above number. The fourth person, processed the $1000, but said (after a long hold and a supervisor assistance) that she had to email another supervisor to get the $50. Wrong! The fifth time I called, I got the person who could fix my problems after she spoke  with her  supervisor.  I always called the same number. Obviously, I spent the morning on hold on the phone. 

I was was able to use part of the $1000 to prepay my gratuities for my Hawaii cruise and save a little since the gratuities are increasing. 

10 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Be aware ......if you are declined a card that in my case the charge actually went through and my bank said it was a charge NOT just pending. I had to put a dispute in with my Visa card.

Wow. I had two of the 5 I tried declined. Both times I immediately went to my credit card site and saw that there was not only a charge but also a credit. Peace of mind.

10 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I wonder if they do this 5% bonus thing (or perhaps 10%???) around Black Friday time.

As I remember it, they did do this the last two years at that time. (5%)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Ha, Ha.  Some day you and I are going to have to meet on a ship.  I am sure we will have some fun time with jokes.

I hope so 😁 and the first round is on me 🥃. Go Steelers (!) Go Patriots (!!!!) 😁😁😁

Tony

Got email from my credit card company asking if I had been charged twice for a purchase as I had two $1k purchases minutes apart. Clicked the button in the email that said I had made the purchases and was taken to the Capital One site where I got a "thank you" reply for saying it was all good. Love that the card company is always on top of things. I get a notice maybe 30 seconds afterward each time my card is used. If I ever lose it I'll know right away if some "urban outdoors-man" should find it and make a purchase.

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

Ordered 3 the first time using my own email address. Third one was declined. Ordered 2 more this morning using my wife's email address. Second one was declined. Ah, well... I did get 3.

We ordered a $1000 card yesterday and received the letter saying there was an issue, I called and the customer service person told me that the Web Site has some really strict filters, aka weird.  I re-entered our order on-line and so far it seems OK...the CS rep also told me there is NO limit on how many $1000 gift cards we purchase, each one would qualify for the bonus $50 card.  

3 minutes ago, Tickled2Trvl said:

We ordered a $1000 card yesterday and received the letter saying there was an issue, I called and the customer service person told me that the Web Site has some really strict filters, aka weird.  I re-entered our order on-line and so far it seems OK...the CS rep also told me there is NO limit on how many $1000 gift cards we purchase, each one would qualify for the bonus $50 card.  

Twice while ordering the stupid thing said that the US Postal Service couldn't verify my address. The other times it flew right through. Weird. I've only lived here for 30 years... The Princess IT team always manages to give one a surprise twist. Since the service rep told you there was no limit perhaps I'll try again. I managed to purchase 3 and wanted 4. I've been applying the free $50 as OBC for a cruise in October where we had very little OBC originally - not even enough to cover the gratuities.

• Like 1

On the phone with my CC company. They are on hold with Princess. It seems Princess is now trying to deny all of my charges because "address does not match". I've only lived here for 30 years for crying out loud. I used the address Princess has on file, the address my credit card has on file, the address on my passport... It's definitely MY address but Princess says it can't be found by the US Postal Service and doesn't match the address associated with my credit card. Of course the credit card agrees it's correct. They offered to do a 3 way call with Princess so now the rep and I are both listening to the "exciting" Princess hold music. The bank rep must love listening to the "music". It's been going on for quite some time now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think the Princess IT team must be made up of people who utterly failed as Walmart greeters. Mind boggling.

Edited by Thrak

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

On the phone with my CC company.

12 hours ago, shanecindy21403 said:

I'm on hold for them too.   

It has been 12 hours since these two posts were made.

Hey Thrak and shanecindy21403, are you guys still on hold?

I recognize that $50 is a nice chunk of "found" money ...

But at some point, it would seem that the value of time and energy invested to get that money would outweigh the reward offered