Gift card promo

Love2cruise77

A number of credit cards give 3% or 5% cash back from purchases at grocery stores.  Now that Princess has gift cards in many grocery stores, if you charge a purchase of them to your charge card with a cash rebate, you still get the 3% to 5% discount, but as a cash rebate from your charge card, not as a Princess gift card that expires in a few months.

19 minutes ago, RBAlbany said:

So they can be used shortly after purchased?  Cruising in September.  Can purchase now, and apply to cruise ($1,000 + $50) shortly thereafter?  Sorry if I am asking the obvious. 

Yes, we did this same promotion in early Dec ‘18.  We were a couple days from final payment, bought only the $1000 then as we owed just over that, TA was familiar with them and applied both the GC and bonus GC. 

We we are again a few days from final payment, thank you Princess, I’ll be pleased to buy $2000 this time. I’m thinking if there’s any issue with using two bonus cards on one cruise, we’ll just apply it to the Feb cruise. 

We’ll be making final payment today or tomorrow, I’ll report back.

Thank you OP for posting this, I haven’t received an email and appreciate the heads up. 

Edited by teese
Addition

Purchased 3 this morning and got confirmation emails. Just got a new email saying one is being cancelled so it may be that only 2 are allowed. It is definitely the 3 card purchased that is the subject of this email. Text of email below:

Thank you for your recent Princess Cruises® Gift Card purchase.

We apologize but we are unable to complete your order at this time.

Our priority is to give you the best customer service that we can, and understand the importance of making sure that you feel confident that your purchase is secure. Our system has several built-in security checks for your protection, in order to ensure that each gift card purchased is successfully delivered and activated.

Any credit card charges that my have gone through will be refunded in full.

For more information about your order, please contact Princess Cruises Customer Service at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com or call 1-855-426-0168 Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm and Saturday through Sunday from 8am to 4pm (Pacific Standard Time).

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Princess Cruises

Edited by Thrak

Follow up:

Just checked my credit card online. I show 3 charges of $1,000 each and one pending credit of $1,000 so Princess did immediately reverse the charge.  I'm content with two cards and two bonus cards. Many thanks to the OP for pointing out this promo.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

A number of credit cards give 3% or 5% cash back from purchases at grocery stores.  Now that Princess has gift cards in many grocery stores, if you charge a purchase of them to your charge card with a cash rebate, you still get the 3% to 5% discount, but as a cash rebate from your charge card, not as a Princess gift card that expires in a few months.

Do you know if  a Carnival card be used on Princess? 

40 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Do you know if  a Carnival card be used on Princess? 

I know that a Carnival Corporation gift card can be used on Princess as I have done this. It says on the card that it can be used for any of the Carnival Corp brands.

I do not know if a Carnival Cruise Line gift card can be used on Princess. All it mentions on the card is Carnival Cruise Lines.

I purchased two. Separately and was able to get the $50 both times. I did get one email with the link. Still waiting on the other - see if I get the denied email. 

So do I just call my big boX TA and they will apply to account? They are EXtra big and online. 

Edited by amypete
Update

41 minutes ago, amypete said:

I purchased two. Separately and was able to get the $50 both times. I did get one email with the link. Still waiting on the other - see if I get the denied email. 

So do I just call my big boX TA and they will apply to account? They are EXtra big and online. 

Yes, they should be able to apply it.  Give them the amount, gift card number and  PIN, that's all they need.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I still haven't gotten the second one. If that doesn't work I'll purchase again and send it to my work email! If I'm actually going to CALL someone I'll make it worth my time and theirs! 

I did get the second one - the third one actually - sent to another email. So if you have several emails you may be able to get more! Plus they were on my Princess cards so more points as greenie said! After I pay off our cruise on that card I'll see what I can take off with these points. Thank you to the OP for posting! Now if AMEX would only do another one soon! 

9 minutes ago, amypete said:

I did get the second one - the third one actually - sent to another email. So if you have several emails you may be able to get more! Plus they were on my Princess cards so more points as greenie said! After I pay off our cruise on that card I'll see what I can take off with these points. Thank you to the OP for posting! Now if AMEX would only do another one soon! 

Perhaps I can just use my wife's email account. If I wasn't grossly ill at the moment I could drive across town, give my son a check for $1k, and have him buy more for me. He even has a Captain's Circle number (not that one is needed for the purchase).

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Perhaps I can just use my wife's email account. If I wasn't grossly ill at the moment I could drive across town, give my son a check for $1k, and have him buy more for me. He even has a Captain's Circle number (not that one is needed for the purchase).

I hope you feel better soon! 

21 hours ago, jwattle said:

States: 

Gift Cards are only redeemable for purchases onboard Princess’® ships or applied as payment to a Princess® booking

But has anyone tried to use the $1000 on a previously booked cruise that has an outstanding balance? (My balance is due in August)

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

States: 

Gift Cards are only redeemable for purchases onboard Princess’® ships or applied as payment to a Princess® booking

But has anyone tried to use the $1000 on a previously booked cruise that has an outstanding balance? (My balance is due in August)

Not yet but have done so in the past. If you have a TA they can apply it for you. Otherwise simply call Princess and they will do it for you. Very easy. I will be using mine on cruises that are already booked.

7 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

If your booking is through a TA, does she have to purchase the gift cards or do you and then give them the info?

I just buy them and have the TA apply them. I used to do it myself but these days one is required to transfer to a TA early rather than waiting to do it later so my cruises are already with the TA.

Edited by Thrak

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Not yet but have done so in the past. If you have a TA they can apply it for you. Otherwise simply call Princess and they will do it for you. Very easy. I will be using mine on cruises that are already booked.

Bought 1 for $1000 and it took less than 2 minutes to arrive. Applied it to November Cruise already (within personalizer). Waiting on the 50GC to see if I can apply that. I've got the email receipt saved so will call PVP if it isn't here tonight

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

States: 

Good question.  How easy is it to apply to the cruise balance?

6 hours ago, caribill said:

I know that a Carnival Corporation gift card can be used on Princess as I have done this. It says on the card that it can be used for any of the Carnival Corp brands.

I do not know if a Carnival Cruise Line gift card can be used on Princess. All it mentions on the card is Carnival Cruise Lines.

There are some places that have Carnival Gift Cards like AARP  where I could use points. I cannot read the small print on these offers because they don't post them.  I will do some more investigation to see about this distinction of corp vs gift on the card. Thanks for responding.

I bought 2 cards and applied  all $2100 to an existing booking, did not have any issue and did it through a big box TA, was easy peasy.  

Edited by cruzsnooze

9 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Good question.  How easy is it to apply to the cruise balance?

I just went into cruise personalizer and selected to pay with gift card, copied # from email / pasted it, added 4 digit pin on email .... done. Bought a 2nd one with my 2nd email address but it is STILL pending -- no # yet

Edited by Ombud
Typo