Grand - Sail-Away Party for Elite - where ?

I don't think there was a ever a special sail-away party for Elites.  Are you perhaps asking about the Elite/Platinum/Suite passenger cocktail hour (which does often coincide with port sailaway times)?  If so, then yes, the Grand does have it and they host it in Club One-Five, up on deck 15, which is the nightclub that replaced Skywalker's. 

Edited by rdsqrl

Yes, there is a elite cocktail party, every night, in the disco, this will happen around the same time as sail away... elites get a card in their cabin regarding menu which changes daily and times, often 5-7 pm.

By the way it is also open to platium members, who also get a card in their cabin.  

We took our first cruise on the Grand, i 1998, first sailing was from Istanbul to Barcelona.  My dh and I decided to explore the ship before  it departed.. went up the the Skywalker which was amazing, towered over the size and height of buildings in Istanbul... folks were standing on roof tops to watch the ship leave.. 

When we got to the Skywalker, we found there was a private party, then realized it was a press party, because the Grand was the largest ship afloat at the time.  So we crashed the press party had a couple cocktails and enjoyed ourselves seeing the sights around Istanbul.    Funny, the next day, after we sailed, the Captain had a welcome aboard cocktail party around the pool, Princess had not figured how to deal with the cocktail party for all passengers so hosted it at the pool.   I must say it did not compare at all the Press Party.... crashing Press Party is a fond memory from our cruising days.    

10 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Yes, there is a elite cocktail party, every night, in the disco, this will happen around the same time as sail away... elites get a card in their cabin regarding menu which changes daily and times, often 5-7 pm.

By the way it is also open to platium members, who also get a card in their cabin.  

Not really a sail away party ... just happens to be at the same time ... open to Platinum & Suites as well.  

Edited by OCruisers

2 hours ago, skynight said:

The actual sail away, weather permitting, is by the main Lido pool. This is where you will find the cruise staff, music, and all that stuff. Everyone invited. 

skynight is right!   That's where the REAL sail away party is and where most people go!  

Enjoy!  :classic_cool:

When sailing out of SF, it is best to be out on the sun deck...with a glass of champagne in hand of course!  We were in a full suite on our sailing on the Grand out of SF for the 10-day Alaska and I do not recall there being a special sail away party.  The nightly cocktails and appetizers is in the One5 lounge as I recall.