Deluxe drink package pricing

Now on board explorer and the price of the full drink package is $78 per person. Looks like they have a promotion on for buy one get one half price. Not sure if the D+ discount comes off the BOGO offer but will find out tonight. The refreshment package is $35 per person. I got my refreshment package for around $24 (£18.62 UK)  so much cheaper online during the sale. 

52 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

... Not sure if the D+ discount comes off the BOGO offer but will find out tonight. ...

Should be interesting.  Normally they do not let us stack discounts, even fake discounts.

Yes I believe so. Couldn’t find any drink package sellers today but will check again tonight.

Looked at the price of the 3 night dining package and it’s $90 per person. I paid £52 odds online so I’m pleased with the deal I got.  

Asked a question on cc prior to my sailing regarding when the formal nights happen and unusually explorer’s first one is on the 3rd night not 2nd night. Going to Chops tonight on the 3 night package (this is my 2nd night on board) but will ask what options I have for the BOGO half being the D+ offer as it should be taken on the 1st or 2nd night. Hoping I’ll be able to use it further on in the cruise fingers crossed. 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:50 AM, later said:

You said full price so I assume that price included the gratuity?

If it is BOGO 50% off and includes gratuity that breaks down to $50 per person per day before gratuity which is a pretty common price.

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

At that price you would need a liver transplant to break even.

Not at the prices I have seen. The average cocktail price is $ 12.00 and many at $14.00. Wouldn't take many cocktails, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juices to hit that $60.00 mark per day.

22 minutes ago, Mawelch said:

Not at the prices I have seen. The average cocktail price is $ 12.00 and many at $14.00. Wouldn't take many cocktails, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juices to hit that $60.00 mark per day.

And they add 18% to the bill when you purchase a $13 drink so the total for one drink is $15.35.  So it doesn’t take many drinks a day to break even with the package.

4 minutes ago, later said:

And they add 18% to the bill when you purchase a $13 drink so the total for one drink is $15.35.  So it doesn’t take many drinks a day to break even with the package.

The gratuities are also added to the package, but anyway you slice it the number of drinks that it takes to break even isn't too high (especially if you through in a few specialty coffees, milk shakes, power drinks, etc.)