Upgraded to Yacht Club Cabin!

nikkiw60

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Thank you! That is the one that’s included in the package we have booked. 

The Yacht Club manager and the staff in the Top Sail Lounge told me that the Nicolas Feuilatte was not included when we cruised on Divina in February. After talking to the bar manager they let me have it but they never agreed that it should be included. I could get Champagne in Divina bar from the first day but not in the Top Sail Lounge.

Edited by sverigecruiser
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

‘I agree completely!  I want to book a Haven suite at a fair price.. Not book a balcony and have to bid for a Haven suite. Especially since you can’t select the cabin. 

We we will never sail NCL again for this very simple reason (where wanting to be in the Haven, which would normally be the case.).  And I love their product!  

We are in same situation with two YC booked.  But hey, the bidders have to feel good about getting a Haven for well less than the list price.

8 hours ago, thecruisers6 said:

Excellent answer 😂

You could do what some do: -

1. Go to Guest Services 

2. Wait in line

3. Complain long and loudly 

4. Tell everyone in the queue your gripe 

5. Tell every staff member & fellow cruiser 

6. Go back to step 1 above more aggressively 

At disembarkation clear your life so you can tell everyone on CC until the end of time 

Have a great cruise 😀

I think you left out ...and want some type of compensation... .

• Haha 1

I have come to the conclusion that cruise companies are sexist!!!

i am the one who makes all the reservations etc and it is Matt who receives all the correspondence!

Including, just now an email from the captain welcoming us on board next week!

#peeved!

Edited by nikkiw60

9 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

i am the one who makes all the reservations etc and it is Matt who receives all the correspondence!

#peeved!

This came up at the last meet and mingle I attended. It was question number 3 after “have you ever tried to use the website” and “do the call centre staff get any induction training” 🤔

The answer given was.....when a family, group or couple first book a cruise either online or via a call centre, whoever is the lead or passenger 1 will then forever and a day be the point of contact. I switched off a bit by this time and the free very strong cocktail at 10am had started to take effect. There was a TA at the meeting who said that when she logged on to the MSC booking page the drop down arrows are pre-set to the first one as Mr and second as Mrs. When asked if it was a female calling for a couple (1 male 1 female) what would she do? The reply was start inputting under passenger 2 as its “effort” to change the drop down title. 

Is that sexist? In my book YES! Why should it be pre-filled at all?

Also apparently it’s a default from the first ever booking if you are classed as male or female and keeps going back to the original first input. Hence why people struggle so much to get it changed when wrong. 

OK we got (that's the royal we read I)  got the welcome letter from Capt Guiseppe Maresca for our Splendida cruise 

but cannot remember for Preziosa . Like you Nikki I do the bookings, maybe just lucky we both get emails as different email addresses

I'm always passenger 1 because like Nikki, I do all of the booking. I always receive the emails, tickets, booking updates etc. We both always receive emails regarding adding to our booking and when we are about to sail we always both receive a welcome email. So, I'm confused 🤔

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

#peeved!

Hmmmmmm...and whose credit card did you use???:classic_rolleyes:

On 5/18/2019 at 3:03 PM, emmas gran said:

I got NF on Preziosa Jan/Feb and Splendida  Dubai to Tokyo no problem at all

Do you think NF tastes like morning coffee biscuits? It’s actually my favourite champagne.

We had two cabins on last trip and we got two emails across the four of us from Captain and DS was one and he was pax #2.

We've had several times MSC web changes male to female.  TA says that is pretty common.

I can say NCL sends everything to DW attention whether email or mail and I'm always pax one and pay for everything.

I'm not sure what to make of cruiseline computer systems anymore.

4 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

You are right...should be in your name.  A good idea to write a letter to a director.  A letter always gets read.

Will add this to my list of complaints to go and queue about...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Will add this to my list of complaints to go and queue about...

I’m hearing that Seaside maybe out of service next May for a few days. 

With the popularity of the new duplex suite and queuing at guest services I’m just wondering if they plan to upgrade to a duplex guest services?😂

4 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Do you think NF tastes like morning coffee biscuits? It’s actually my favourite champagne.

Yes I think it does slightly-  to be honest I am a vodka girl. ,red wine with dinner and VSOP after. We rarely drink at home 🏠 on our own just if we have visitors or go on holiday, DH says is that why we are away so much.

• Like 1

We have just received updates travel documents re having booked a tour yesterday and this is on them, it may be on the originals but have not checked!

It clearly says to check in at the Yacht Club area...

so hopefully won’t need the dark glasses and hat...

FEDD43E5-CC74-44DE-94D0-089915A89482.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

You'll just have to do as instructed, then, won't you?!   😄

My live from is certainly going to be different this year that’s for sure!