Caribbean Tier question

jeanlyon

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It might say that but we are below 2500 but still received Baltic Tier on our most recent cruise.

Thinking about this and there is no way they are going to reduce the qualification a they have too many at the top end as it is. If there were any movement I would be the other way. Perhaps to 5000 points.

I'm sure our half bottle has been delivered to the cabin on a formal night.  The glass of champagne is something different that you get a voucher for in the folder with the Peninsular Club information inside.  This to have at a sailaway.

That must be a very recent change. We’ve had the half bottle of champagne for years as Caribbean’s. We went up to Baltic for s while, but slipped back to Caribbean for our last cruise in September and got the bottle then.

looks like they may have stealthily cut back on a benefit 

33 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That must be a very recent change. We’ve had the half bottle of champagne for years as Caribbean’s. We went up to Baltic for s while, but slipped back to Caribbean for our last cruise in September and got the bottle then.

looks like they may have stealthily cut back on a benefit 

No cut back just a shocking website.

As of getting a half bottle of champagne for Caribbean Tier it is correct we returned from Britannia today and was Baltic but now have dropped to Caribbean Tier and received our half bottle of champagne which was placed in the fridge by the cabin steward and a card left on the desk. The Caribbean Tier lunch was a new menu used for the first time this cruise and the Loyalty Manager asked for feedback on our thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Phoned P&O and they apologised for lack of half bottle of Champers and gave me £50 OBC on my next cruise!!  Much better outcome.

That’s a bottle of better Champagne.

So where did you hide the first one again.

😎

31 minutes ago, aurora2009 said:

Another question as we are moving to Caribbean Tier this year.  As well as priority embarkation do we also get early disembarkation?  Thanks.

No, but you can select your time slot towards the end of the cruise. That being said, we now ignore disembarkation times and just walk off the ship when it suits us. Can’t be doing with waiting around in lounges when there is no need. 

• Like 1

Just now, Selbourne said:

No, but you can select your time slot towards the end of the cruise. That being said, we now ignore disembarkation times and just walk off the ship when it suits us. Can’t be doing with waiting around in lounges when there is no need. 

We always take our own cases off the ship.

Must be at least 10 years since we left our cases outside our cabin on the last night.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Must be at least 10 years since we left our cases outside our cabin on the last night.

We don’t do self disembarkation (not able to and we like to have a leisurely breakfast before we leave). I should have made it clear that I meant that we walk off the ship whenever it suits us during normal disembarkation. 

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We don’t do self disembarkation (not able to and we like to have a leisurely breakfast before we leave). I should have made it clear that I meant that we walk off the ship whenever it suits us during normal disembarkation. 

If we have a later flight back to Newcastle we take our cases up to the buffet and we have breakfast.

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Very selfish attitude and if everyone did the same there would be pandemonium if we all did the same. What makes you think that you can just suit yourself and walk off when everybody else is being responsible.

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That's great if you are both able bodied, but for those who are less fit or disabled then it's not an option.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That's great if you are both able bodied, but for those who are less fit or disabled then it's not an option.

I understand that and you all have my sympathies.

I have moderate arthritis in both my knees and my left hip so having 4 wheels on our cases makes it easy to push them plus I exercise with weights so can carry the cases when necessary.

7 hours ago, daiB said:

Sorry Selbourne but I also think you are wrong. I have seen the utter chaos which happens when people just do their own thing. When the call went out for the group with the colour or number who turn it was to disembark. People stood on stairwells pushed and shoved to get off first. I am sure some people must have got hurt. They have to have a system which can be controlled and people thinking it does not concern them are simply wrong. 

BTW this was on Aurora. Not one of the bigger ships.

Understand Dai, but interesting that the situation that you experienced happened WITH the current system in place! Have to say that we have seen the complete opposite on our last half a dozen or so cruises (mostly on Aurora). When we have gone to the deck 5 disembarkation area we have been struck by the fact that there is either a very short and fast moving ‘queue’ to get off or no queue whatsoever and gaps between disembarkation groups being called. We simply filled a gap as the security staff were looking lonely 😞 The last time I recall a long queue was on Britannia but it was very orderly and nothing like you experienced. I can’t see P&O changing the current system so I guess it’s cosmetic. 

The fastest disembark we had was on Aurora. Walked into our lounge to wait for disembarkation, as everybody in there was heading out another door to get off...so straight off basically. We always ask for first time slot. Have to say I agree with the others. If you can see there is a gap, then you are hanging around  in the atrium or such like. When ever we get off it is always these people who hold us up  as they stand there with all their hand luggage around them, waiting to leap off. As also stated it may be just you, but if more try it, it will be like embarkation, where more and more are turning up early , and then complain about the queues etc. All they are trying to do is to manage the flow to make it a better disembarkation for everyone, not just you.

I am with Selbourne on this, once the gangways are open it seems sensible to keep a steady stream disembarking, that way you minimise the time taken to debark all the passengers.  It seems that the P&O way just results in huge numbers descending on the gangway together leading to long queues and maximum frustration.  

We always request the earliest time and aim to finish our breakfast around our embarkation time, then after a quick stop back at the cabin to pick up our hand baggage, which the steward always allows us to leave in the wardrobe, and its down to the gangway and straight off.  That's one benefit of one of you being a wheelchair user, no one no one ever questions why you are disobeying the rules.:classic_rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am with Selbourne on this, once the gangways are open it seems sensible to keep a steady stream disembarking, that way you minimise the time taken to debark all the passengers.  It seems that the P&O way just results in huge numbers descending on the gangway together leading to long queues and maximum frustration.  

We always request the earliest time and aim to finish our breakfast around our embarkation time, then after a quick stop back at the cabin to pick up our hand baggage, which the steward always allows us to leave in the wardrobe, and its down to the gangway and straight off.  That's one benefit of one of you being a wheelchair user, no one no one ever questions why you are disobeying the rules.:classic_rolleyes:

Spot on John. The peaks and troughs that result from the system seem to slow the overall time of the process. Perhaps I should have said that the first time we just walked off was at the suggestion of a senior officer! We had to go down to reception to sort out a last minute billing error prior to going to our lounge and whilst we were there we noticed that there was barely a trickle of passengers disembarking at that time. As we passed the officer he asked us if we were ready to disembark and when we said yes he said feel free to go off now if it suits you. They are obviously as keen to get passengers off as we are to get off. To reassure English Lady, we have never ‘stood around getting in the way’ as since discovering this we have never had to wait at all. From leaving breakfast we have never stopped walking until we get to the car! That being said, I completely agree with all the others that they should wait in the lounges until told they can disembark 😉

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Understand Dai, but interesting that the situation that you experienced happened WITH the current system in place! Have to say that we have seen the complete opposite on our last half a dozen or so cruises (mostly on Aurora). When we have gone to the deck 5 disembarkation area we have been struck by the fact that there is either a very short and fast moving ‘queue’ to get off or no queue whatsoever and gaps between disembarkation groups being called. We simply filled a gap as the security staff were looking lonely 😞 The last time I recall a long queue was on Britannia but it was very orderly and nothing like you experienced. I can’t see P&O changing the current system so I guess it’s cosmetic. 

Perhaps I did not make myself clear, the utter chaos took place before the current system on Aurora. Only when people were directed to specific venues and they stopped announcing the groups throughout the ships order was restored.

I still can’t believe that you would think what you do is a good idea.

• Like 1