Princess sales

momoforthodoc

I got this on May 28.

Here is a quote for your 19 Night Panama Canal Cruise.  If book during our Princess 3 Day Sale (Jun 6 to Jun 8) you will get the following perks for the total $7,348.00:

1. Free Prepaid Gratuities
  2. Free Premier Beverage Package
  3. 1 Free photo
  4. 2 Coupon Books at $900 value each
  5. Reduced Deposit of $200 per stateroom
  6. $50 Onboard Credit
Edited by billco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MixerDave said:

My Hawaii cruise went down in price, so I called Princess.  The rep told me to wait for the S & S coming on 6/13.

You DID lock in that lower price. Didn’t you!!!

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

You DID lock in that lower price. Didn’t you!!!

No because I would lose the prepaid Grats and 250 in onboard credit.  The net difference was $65, but perhaps I should, and wait for S  & S.

43 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Google helped me find Princess 3 Day sale and the site showed free drinks and free grats +$50 OBC

Read carefully

I checked again, and it appears the 2 cruises I am interested in only offer the OBC and reduced deposit.  I see OTHER itineraries offer free drinks and grats.  My specific cruises must not be included. 

Decided checking the web site for 3 cruises in a row is a hassle so looked them up and called the local place. (I never knew there even was a local place!) As soon as I can pry my wife away from what she is doing we'll head across town and speak to an actual person. Hoping the cruises we want are included. We would like to book a 33 day B2B2B on Sapphire Princess out of Melbourne. For a cruise that long we want the same cabin (Caribe balcony) for all 3 cruises. It's early enough that there shouldn't be a problem. Now if only the cruises are eligible....

I transferred just before reaching the 60 day deadline, a direct booking for a NZ/Aus cruise in Feb 2021 to the TA offering the paid gratuities and beverage package and have received confirmation that the perks have been added with no additional increase in fare.

56 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Decided checking the web site for 3 cruises in a row is a hassle so looked them up and called the local place. (I never knew there even was a local place!) As soon as I can pry my wife away from what she is doing we'll head across town and speak to an actual person. Hoping the cruises we want are included. We would like to book a 33 day B2B2B on Sapphire Princess out of Melbourne. For a cruise that long we want the same cabin (Caribe balcony) for all 3 cruises. It's early enough that there shouldn't be a problem. Now if only the cruises are eligible....

Thrak, I posted the 37 excluded sailings in this thread, post 41

It appears that there are more exclusions than the ones listed above!

I just checked and my Hawaii cruise is only offering lower deposit and coupon book and the price is almost $300 MORE than on the Princess site!!

Not even close to a sale for me!!

2 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

It appears that there are more exclusions than the ones listed above!

I just checked and my Hawaii cruise is only offering lower deposit and coupon book and the price is almost $300 MORE than on the Princess site!!

Not even close to a sale for me!!

Yes I noticed that also, because our cruise isn't on the exclusion list either, however it only includes the perks you mentioned above.  As far as the price it remained near the same, however I would be losing $150 in OBC.

I checked too, my cruise does not apply, she said cruises for 2020 onwards, the deal for my cruise, which is Fall 2019  is worst with the three day sale place,  than what I received directly from Princess which is free gratuities and OBC.  I will be transferring to the hot dog place though.

Booked it. I hate having someone else doing things. When we got home I compared the price and we paid a bit more than list price for each cruise. D'Oh!  However, the beverage package is "worth" $4,672 and the gratuities are "worth" $957. They tossed in another $75 per cruise for a total of $225 (AUD). While I'm a bit put out to see that the price on Princess is a bit less than I was charged I'll put up with it for the perks. (Had I gone with my usual TA I wouldn't have had the perks but would have gotten a discount. It remains to be seen if that would have been better with the Sip and Sail.)

• Like 1

I don't know anyone who cruises and has a good agent.

I put in a request on Cruise Compete and contacted and agent I used for a different line who does not specialize in Princess.

We shall see if anything comes up.

I am most comfortable sticking with the Princess web site.

Last time no one could beat the price and perks we got there!

35 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Booked it. I hate having someone else doing things. When we got home I compared the price and we paid a bit more than list price for each cruise. D'Oh!  However, the beverage package is "worth" $4,672 and the gratuities are "worth" $957. They tossed in another $75 per cruise for a total of $225 (AUD). While I'm a bit put out to see that the price on Princess is a bit less than I was charged I'll put up with it for the perks. (Had I gone with my usual TA I wouldn't have had the perks but would have gotten a discount. It remains to be seen if that would have been better with the Sip and Sail.)

I understand the quotes on the bev package because we all have a different value we receive depending on habits.  Why the quotes on the gratuities?? 

Did you get reduced deposit?

14 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I don't know anyone who cruises and has a good agent.

I put in a request on Cruise Compete and contacted and agent I used for a different line who does not specialize in Princess.

We shall see if anything comes up.

I am most comfortable sticking with the Princess web site.

Last time no one could beat the price and perks we got there!

On on your next cruise at the Meet and Greet ask around for people who have agents they like. Try to find frequent cruisers - they probably get the best fares. 

HELP!
Can anyone give me an idea on how to find the 'big box' t.a. being referred to by many to see if the Alaska cruise we (with our friends) are looking to book in Sept.   The two I usually use - don't have this info.   Any help would be appreciated!!   Thanks!!!

5 minutes ago, luvtravel said:

HELP!
Can anyone give me an idea on how to find the 'big box' t.a. being referred to by many to see if the Alaska cruise we (with our friends) are looking to book in Sept.   The two I usually use - don't have this info.   Any help would be appreciated!!   Thanks!!!

Read back to the beginning of this thread. 

Plenty of hints. 

And it’s not a big box. That’s really misleading 

Just use Google and put in  Princess 3 day sale. It should come up easily.

I agree that big box is very MIS leading. Until yesterday I thought folks were talking about the place where you need to be a member.

Edited by riffatsea

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

I understand the quotes on the bev package because we all have a different value we receive depending on habits.  Why the quotes on the gratuities?? 

Did you get reduced deposit?

Shouldn't have put quotes for the gratuities. Deposit is the same as always - we use FCD so it's $100 and we get OBC.

• Like 1

Whoever said on this thread to call specific agencies to see if your cruise can get this sale is correct!!

I thought our cruise was NOT eligible.

I got an offer on Cruise Compete which told me I could get this sale + OBC and grats!

Sounds great!